NEurope
YenRug

How do you rate Wii?

Do you think "Wii" is good name for the Revolution?  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think "Wii" is good name for the Revolution?

• Yes, absolutely great!
    • Yes, I really like it.
    • Yes, I think it's alright.
    • Meh, it's okay I suppose.
    • Nice sentiment, shame about the name.
    • Change it, now.
    • Absolutely awful!
    • Nintendo are the d00m3d! / Probably not going to buy one.

This is not a place to start flaming everyone, in either direction, just an attempt to get some idea of how badly this really is splitting everyone, over the new name. I'm hopefully giving you all a large enough range of choices, I think eight is enough really, grading down from "I want Nintendo's babies!" to wanting to nuke Nintendo HQ. ;)

Meh, it's okay I suppose.

I chose this option. I don't mind the name, but something better what have been nicer. Meh.

I love it!

Revoltuion would have sounded better. But Wii is the way to go. It also points twoards the new direction Nintendo is taking

i was thining on my paper round, it certainly is new, its anew wy to go about things, this reflects the controller. the controler is a new way to play as you all know.

i was just saying...ps3...360...wii

ps3...360..revolution...

it kinda suits this generation with all the short names.

i like it. a brave, bold way to go forward.

Sometimes i like the name, sometimes i still shudder (mainly when i say it out loud). It's still growing on me thou... just very slowly

i am neutral, i feel it is a name that isnt designed to be liked or disliked, but to stand out.

It certainly seems to be growing on people - at least all the urine jokes have stopped.

It certainly seems to be growing on people - at least all the urine jokes have stopped.

thank god :)

i think it's really funny.

because when you say it, people think you are saying "wee"~

makes me lol out loud!~

lol

pms later.

now the jokes are subsiding its beginning to grwo on me. This time next year we'll all be sitting at our pc's again wondering what the hell all the fuss was about that its a grand name and that it is a kick ass console!

It's really beginning to grow on me. I like it very much. I may end up absolutely loving it, at this rate.

Yesterday I was option 7, now I'm sort of option 5-6. I'm getting used to it, but I still think it's a big mistake.

At least Nintendo is not afraid to make fun of themselves.

Initially I disliked the name, but now I've really gotten used to it so I went with "Yes, I think it's alright."

Flaight, that's an excellent sig you've got by the way. icon14.gif

I voted for the 'meh' option. Well, I think I did. I can't remember. I'm getting on a bit.

Generally, It's not the best name, but it'll do.

When there is more marketing for the console and hype from the unveiling at E3 people will eventually get used to it. At first I was like WTF, but I understand their concept behind it. The problem is that they underestimated how immature so many people are. As soon as they heard it, the jokes began.

Now it is slowly starting to die down and by the unbelievable reaction on the internet, a LOT of people know about it. Its crazy, but good publicity or bad publicity is still PUBLICITY! Ive never seen such a large reaction to a controller before. And now ive never seen such a large reaction to a name.

I opted for the 2nd option. Like many I was shocked at the name, hell I was kicking off left right and centre but then it sank in. Nintendo did an amazing job in getting everyones attention I mean the whole internet was alight with gossip about the name. Come E3 all eyes will be on Nintendo and like Raven said as soon as the marketing begins, because lets face it the name has HUGE potential, then we will see the whole picture.

Personally, i like it. I was telling my girlfriend about it and after we discussed it we both saw the potential for great advertising. Trust Nintendo to cause a stir. :D

I voted "meh". I'm still not to sure about the name but it brings me into a good mood every morning, when I remember that Nintendo call it Wii.

Somehow I'm also getting a bit more used to it. At first I also thought Nintendo shot themelves in the leg but I read a bit about it in the comments section of a german PC Games magazine and many stated that it was a clever idea of Nintendo because of all the media attention while others were amused by the name and very few tried to bash Ninty but then were bashed by the other people. And what amazed me the most was that some stated they will (or consider to) buy a Wii although normally for them the PC is the holy grail and graphics are most important.

its to bad they confirmed the name was for all territorys nintendo have lied before though.

"Nice sentiment, shame about the name"

exactly my thoughts. it is quite catchy and nice.... but it really is a shame about the wee thing. thats my only gripe.

it will now get publicity... of some sort.