NEurope
Charlie

Guess who's distributing Wii in the UK...

Personally I'd say its pronounced Kosh, kinda like Kash with an 'o'.

I'm pretty sure it is pronounced 'cock'. I've spoken to their PR guys a couple of times and they've never said anything when I've pronounced it 'cock'

Koch distributing Wii?

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Honestly, you couldn't make this stuff up!

Hi all. Since i'm the manager of an independent games retailer and have met the koch team, i thought i'd let you know that "koch" is said in the same way as j j okocha, the bolton striker.

And also, although koch were appointed as preferred distributer, nintendo still use centresoft and gem.

Just thought you would all like to know, as otherwise, it does sound wierd.!! :o

So we have Wii as in urine and koch as in what 'Wii' come's from,what's next.

Nintendo made a big announcement about Koch media taking over distribution ages ago, can't believe you didn't know.

Nintendo made a big announcement about Koch media taking over distribution ages ago, can't believe you didn't know.
but... what does it mean, really? better service? more stock?

"Partner"..

It doesn't mean anything except perhaps more profits for Nintendo over their previous distribution model. Perhaps the one that was blamed for some of the failures of the GameCube in the UK market.

Well Koch Media is a pretty big EU publisher. Spellforce 2, X3: Reunion, Trackmania are a few games they handle.

I am not sure how to explain but since it is a brand name you don't say "cock" it is the german word "Koch" which means "cook" in english but is pronounced different.

It is hard to explain how "ch" sounds in englisch ...

Here you can listen how Koch is pronounced, just klick on the speaker icon.

I could spend hours listening to this...