NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Kav

Advertisement/Slogan ideas for Nintendo Wii...

Now we know the final name of the system I was wondering if anybody had any more ideas in regards to advertising the system/games.

Here are a few ideas from back when we were using Revolution still (edited slightly)...

It starts with a guy on his couch playing a game (lets say a shooter - FPS for example) with a standard control pad, mashing the buttons and wiggling the analogues.

He's getting nowhere, you can tell by the look on his face, getting frustrated as ya do, then you hear it: GAME OVER! Followed by the customary toss of the pad to the floor with a shake of the head!

Then it cuts to another couch, another gamer this time on the the Nintendo Wii.

This guy is having fun, pointing and firing (not like a madman in the promo vid, but as you would - albeit a little exaggerated).

Then it cuts to in game footage (eg: metroid prime 3) showing the action on screen, different short clips from the game ending on you taking someone down. It then cuts back to the guy on the couch, smug in his victory, blows the smoke from the gun barrel (controller).

Then the caption on screen with voice over:

"Wii know how to play"

Back to lots of quick clips from different types of games and gamers playing them.

Ending on Nintendo Wii, in stores *insert date*

The different types of games should include your typical genres as well as new and "non-game" genres.

I have a stupid idea:

You see a guy from behind, standing in his room, then the whole game environment comes out of the TV and he is suddenly Link killing some enemies with his sword, then it changes to Samus killing some enemies then the guy is back in the normal world and plays against his friends Smash Bros and you see how they use the Controller.

Then everything goes black except for a blue light, out of the light comes Nintendo Wii like this:

Nintendo

--------------------

Wii

move forward

And then the other launch titles are also briefly shown on the TV

A middle aged father is seen looking in on his kids, making sure they're in bed, closes the bedroom door. Next he walks into the living room and picks up what he thinks is the TV remote and points it towards the TV, pressing the power button. The TV starts up as the console starts sending its signal (you won't see it at this point), the Nintendo logo comes up first on the TV.

The father lifts the controller in front of his face, twisting it to the side at the same time, puzzled by what he's picked up. Beyond him you see the TV set lift up into the air, up over his head, spinning in direct relation to the movement of the controller. Noticing a blue glow, the father leans forward to look at the console, putting his hand out to the side and resting it on the arm of his chair. In response the TV zips across the room and smashes out through the window.

How about this: A guy walks into a gamestore. He sees the controller next to the Nintendo Wii demo pod. He picks it up and the controller is absorbed in white light. The light covers his body (you just see the outline of him and the controller blazing white) and he's transformed into Samus on an alien planet, he shoots a couple blast at some enemies. He flashes again and he's D.K. swinging through some trees, flashes again and he Mario. Mario does a couple jumps the a flip, when he lands he flashes again. Now he's Link. He swings his sword at a couple of enemies, the enemies explode, then sheaths his sword. The light flashes again and the guys back to normal, he's staring down amazed at the conroller and breathing heavily. The screen goes black and the words "Join the Revolution" flash across the screen. Then it flashes Nintendo Wii and the release date.

Any others/adjustments people want to make, please do... I'd prefer it if we are sensible about this and don't just make up ideas taking the mick!

Some ways to get the name out in adverts:

1. Exclusive titles - " *insert game name here*... only Wii can play"

2. Multiplayer/online - "Join in, Wii love to play"

3. General advertising - "Wii know how to play"

Snoop Dogg coming into the picture and saying: "ohh wheee!" just like he has just seen a sexy babe or some good amsterdam-stuff.. and then a quick camera turn to the Wii...

"Do you feel the presure? You need a wii"

"wii will change your life"

"Wii will expanding the definition of gameing"

And here's a

Is it just me or does anyting involving 'Wii' replacing 'we' sound terribly hideous?

Seriously, this could cost Nintendo image, by making such a laughable slogan...

Videos of people playing games with the controller, bringing the games out of the 'box in the corner' like they did with the GameCube advert.

Bring back the Nintendo start up ping, fade in the Wii logo, hold for 2 seconds.

Done.

Picture a guy waiting at a bustop, looking really aggitated and sweating profusedly. People stare at him. Next clip shows him sat on the bus, closing his eyes everytime it goes over a bump. He gets off the bus and runs like hell to get home. He reaches the door, struggles like hell to get his keys out of his pocket, and struggles to actually direct the key into the lock, he opens the door. Cuts to next scene..... the guy is looking really relieved and he's smiling playing on wii. Ad finishes, 'desperate for a wii?'

It would be good if nintendo could take the mickey out of itself like this.

Nintendo

-Wii do what you want!

-Wii do what they won't!

A damn good slogan, that is.

Maybe have a few seconds of gameplay footage from some launch titles. Then stop. Screen goes black.

The words come up. "What Is It?"

Then the first letters of each word form the Wii logo.

Picture a guy waiting at a bustop, looking really aggitated and sweating profusedly. People stare at him. Next clip shows him sat on the bus, closing his eyes everytime it goes over a bump. He gets off the bus and runs like hell to get home. He reaches the door, struggles like hell to get his keys out of his pocket, and struggles to actually direct the key into the lock, he opens the door. Cuts to next scene..... the guy is looking really relieved and he's smiling playing on wii. Ad finishes, 'desperate for a wii?'

Dammit, I was just thinking exactly the same thing. It would brilliant if Nintendo rather then brushing over the urine thing instead played on the double entendre for advertising. It will make people laugh, be fun and playful, just like the console.

wiiwillrockyoucopy8og7xk.jpg FTW

ps: this one is from pedro or hellfire...

Pedro had the idea, I made it.

Awesome! Absolutely awesome idea! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

It would be cool if it was NWii (Nintendo Wii), it sounds a little like "envy" which is what everyone who doesn't have a Nintendo Wii will feel towards those who have one.

It would be cool if it was NWii (Nintendo Wii), it sounds a little like "envy" which is what everyone who doesn't have a Nintendo Wii will feel towards those who have one.

We think alike. Thats why i added NWii in my sig [yesterday :P]

We think alike. Thats why i added NWii in my sig [yesterday :P]

Very cool!:grin: Anyway, I still think they should abbreviate it like that. It actually sounds a lot better like that.

Had an idea for the Run up to the real Adverts advert (if that makes sense)

*Black Screen*

*Fade in writing* Wii are not just a Number (fade in the numbers 1,2 and 3) *Fade out to the next part*

*Fade in writing again* Wii are not going in Circles (Fade in a few green Circles) *Fade out*

*Fade writing in agan* Wii are.....You (The Blue Light of the Wii pops under at the bottom)

A middle aged father is seen looking in on his kids, making sure they're in bed, closes the bedroom door. Next he walks into the living room and picks up what he thinks is the TV remote and points it towards the TV, pressing the power button. The TV starts up as the console starts sending its signal (you won't see it at this point), the Nintendo logo comes up first on the TV.

The father lifts the controller in front of his face, twisting it to the side at the same time, puzzled by what he's picked up. Beyond him you see the TV set lift up into the air, up over his head, spinning in direct relation to the movement of the controller. Noticing a blue glow, the father leans forward to look at the console, putting his hand out to the side and resting it on the arm of his chair. In response the TV zips across the room and smashes out through the window.

absolute genius. this is the best thing ive heard all day.

then after the tv goes out, simply show some gameplay action... and its done! i think itll be hard to top this one.

yea, it could follow the DS adverts.

"can, i touch your wee?"

*grabs the controller near his crotch and starts swirling it around*

Wii know you want it ;)

Originally Posted by YenRug

That is genius!!! Laughing myself silly thnking of the horrified look on the fathers face!!

Imagine a whole series of ads like that one!

i dunno......like some fella using it to rob a bank?? Or move the traffic out of the way cos he's late for work!!!

Any other ideas?

Edit: Phew.....!!

Sign in to follow this