NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Kav

GI interview with Matt Atwood (NOA PR Manager)

Here's a link to the interview, in which he discusses the name Wii and generally talks about E3 and the system itself...

http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200604/N06.0427.1154.38678.htm

and a snippet from the interview that is good to see:

GI: It’s been rumored that the new big Revolution secret is the fact that the nun chuck controller is also motion detecting…

Atwood: Really. That’s interesting. I would say 9:30 in the morning on Tuesday of E3 will be filled with surprises and I would just show up. Because there’s been a ton of speculation. Some of it’s right. Some of it’s not. We’d say that if that’s the only secret you’re expecting you’re going to be very surprised.

So its a secret much bigger than the nun chuck being motion detective too, surely it can't be anything other than a visual disruptor?

Despite recent revelations im still hyped for E3 and I cant wait to see what Nintendo pulls out of the hat. This will be an E3 to remember my friends...

The virgin example is very good, I mean when people say they are "going to Virgin Megastore" or "Subscribing his Virgin phone contract" they don't really think about it sexually, they just say it. I just think its a weird relation, I mean:

River -> Online Retailer [Amazon]

Happy slang word -> Search Engine [Yahoo!]

An anagram of the word 'fuck' -> Clothes designer [FCUK]

Toilet referrence -> Video games console [Wii] ! :woops:

Well said Stocka. As for the next secret, I think it will be a name change of the console to 'Nintendo FetangFetangBiscuitBarrel'

The virgin example is very good, I mean when people say they are "going to Virgin Megastore" or "Subscribing his Virgin phone contract" they don't really think about it sexually, they just say it.

There was an all girls halls at my uni. We used to call it Virgin Megastores. And by me I don't mean me.

surely it can't be anything other than a visual disruptor?

1. What in the holy buggery is a 'visual disruptor' and 2. It can easily be anything but that.

So its a secret much bigger than the nun chuck being motion detective too, surely it can't be anything other than a visual disruptor?

"Let go Luke..."

An anagram of the word 'fuck' -> Clothes designer [FCUK]

FCUK stands for 'French Connection UK' (United Kingdom). It's the name of the fashion label plus the division, much like L'Oréal Paris or similar.

l'oreal.... loooool

well maybe the nunkchuk rumor was right but there must be something bigger.

What I find inetersting is the quote that it's not nintendo wii, just wii! Nintendo are really going for this 'brand' idea arent they!!? Good news is you ask me. Nintendo are being so brave with everything they are doing - thats why I love them :)

GI: It’s been rumored that the new big Revolution secret is the fact that the nun chuck controller is also motion detecting…

Atwood: Really. That’s interesting. I would say 9:30 in the morning on Tuesday of E3 will be filled with surprises and I would just show up. Because there’s been a ton of speculation. Some of it’s right. Some of it’s not. We’d say that if that’s the only secret you’re expecting you’re going to be very surprised.

More than one secret!

What I find inetersting is the quote that it's not nintendo wii, just wii! Nintendo are really going for this 'brand' idea arent they!!? Good news is you ask me. Nintendo are being so brave with everything they are doing - thats why I love them :)

I'm thinking maybe he means that its not gonna be the NWii just the Wii

1UP have an article "All about Wii", linky link here...

http://www.1up.com/do/feature?pager.offset=0&cId=3149198

And something quite interesting they say...

What About That Final Secret?

Miyamoto and Iwata have hinted at a final secret for Wii that has yet to be revealed. And while we don't have all the details, we've heard that what's in store is exciting indeed -- secrets of a rather revolutionary nature, with some rather cool implications for gaming. Needless to say, we're looking forward to E3.

anyone read the Wii interview with the UK PR guy at cubed3:

http://www.cubed3.com/news/4997

quote:

C3: Can we expect the Wii to hit Europe at the end of November, as is being speculated by some websites?

RS: Everything on the internet and in print to date is pure speculation as we have not announced any specific launch details. I can confirm however that we are committed to a 2006 launch.

Always good to hear it again:) lets just hope he's telling the truth:)

Sign in to follow this