NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Colin

3D Modelling Thread

cheers for the advice Colin, damn that building looks sweet.

Booker, how'd you aquire Maya?

Those wooden shack pictures they all 3d modelling? Cos thats hot.

IMAGES

Some of that stuff is hot. Great work. Liking the pokemon images the best.

I've updated my building a little. Thought it had to be done for this Thursday, but it's actually Friday. Got a hell of a lot to do still.

Prob get two or three more buildings done, then got to put in the road and integrate some 2d photo elements realistically.

Barca_test_render_CR-1.jpg

Lamp posts have some smoothing problems it seems on the bends. Oh well. :hmm:

I also think the building looks a little too clean. Mite be able to rectify that later.

sorry if this screws up

with the character in the final pic, i rigged her up to biped and made a small animation, and when i get time i'll texture her

sorry if this screws up

with the character in the final pic, i rigged her up to biped and made a small animation, and when i get time i'll texture her

Smooth that characters body out. Could really do with it......and nice hair!

I've kinda finished my street scene. There's a few things I'm not happy with, but deadlines are deadlines. Wish I had more time to work on it.

high_res_final.jpg

Good work Colin.

I like the papers on the street and the grime on the grey brick.

Good work Colin.

I like the papers on the street and the grime on the grey brick.

Cheers.

Yep, the papers stopped a lot of the concrete from just looking boring. I've actually just changed the image from what it was like before and added a few more into the road and added a photo element at the back which was part of the brief to include.

I feel I should of added more to the building further away out of the two though. Just doesn't seem busy enough nearer the top of it.

Enjoyed creating this though, even if over the last two days I've not had any note-worthy sleep.

Cad-damn, your all so good. I've just gotten into Blender, made a few simple things and I just made a wolf:

picture1jo0.png

Sure it's pretty crappy and head didn't go well when I SubSurfed it, but I'm happy with it. Better than my bull on page 5... Good God!

Colin that street it really good.

Sarka are you using some tutorials for these, or just learning as you go along?

Colin, How about trying to add bump maps to everything. Just simple things like:

- Noise Bump Map for road

- Get the brick texture, put noise over the actual bricks, then make the rest black.

Should add a lot more detail with minimum effort.

Cheers for the comments.

Cube - I did originally have a noise map added to the bricks of one of the buildings, and it looked decent, but I never considered adding one to the road.

The assignment has been handed in now, but I most likely still will play around with it and see if I can improve it a little, so I will add noise to the road and the building possibly.

Majority of textures have got bump maps on them already, including the road, it's just a lot of the finer details cannot be seen in the texturing unless the render was zoomed in.

Colin: Little tip for you (and others) when making textures for yellow lines etc on roads. You can make them look a little worn by using the clone tool (in PS or PSP) and a scatter brush to take away the edges of the lines. Gives them a nice worn look. You can also use the same technique to add grime effects onto the wall textures (just use a couple of muddy brown colours, with low opacity).

EDIT: Found an old example on one of my uni projects.

camera1.jpg

a couple of renders i've been working on.

the cave didn't really look good when darker and the house is a work in progress.

edit: daftada loving that street pic, nice modeling skills

a couple of renders i've been working on.

the cave didn't really look good when darker and the house is a work in progress.

edit: daftada loving that street pic, nice modeling skills

Thanks muchly, that was from about 5-6 years ago though. :)

Really like your house model and the Cave is looking good too. Are they just private projects? What software are you using?

Thanks muchly, that was from about 5-6 years ago though. :)

Really like your house model and the Cave is looking good too. Are they just private projects? What software are you using?

yea just private projects, just trying to create something that looks cool.

using 3ds max 8 for about a year now. started with blender but the interface was a trouble to understand so i switched to 3ds max, user friendly.

Click images for DeviantART page.

n61111907_31874329_8215.jpg

n61111907_31385209_1031.jpg

n61111907_31385208_771.jpg

n61111907_31385204_9692.jpg

n61111907_31398359_6859.jpg

Just a few things I've made in 3DS max (background images not mine. Sovereign is a modified CG Sovereign)

This is a dust sprite from the movie Totoro by Ghibli studio's

ferrypp3.jpg

here is one with arms

ferry2avi6.jpg

ferry2blr4.jpg

this is Totoro from that same movie.

totoro1agy7.jpg

totoro1bnj0.jpg

And here is my char for the game.

nisutemascotegv8.jpg

i still want to make some changes so this isnt the final vertion

nisutemascoteajw0.jpg

here is a pretty wall paper:

MascoteNGDT.jpg

ps i am worcking on a game at this monent and if you think you have what it takes to join our devolipment team please mail or pm me!

Colin thats some awesome work.

Maiky-NiSuTe...those fur effects look amazing. Can I ask, it might have been asked before, but where did you guys get your programs from/what do you use?

How much did it cost you? I guess you got it discounted because you bought it from school.

Sign in to follow this