NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Colin

3D Modelling Thread

haha Yay!

I personally have been learning Maya recently, I've been teaching myself 3DS max for several years now though.

Some of my stuff can be seen at my website..

www . llamajuice.com

I had to kill the link... *sigh*

Why did you have to kill the link.

Did you actually create a 3D game or did you just add in the cross-hair ect.

You can't post links when you have less than fifteen posts :S

You are only allowed to post URLs to other sites after you have made 15 posts or more.

and, those are maps for the game Halo Custom Edition. I just created the actual level geometry, tagged it and threw it into the game.

I've been learning a little bit of NURBS modeling... made an Xbox 360 controller last month...

X3601.jpg

I only got about seven hours into that model before I had to turn it in.

So do you do some sort of course at college or something? You mention on your site about enrolling.

I tried blender at one point. It was like chinese compared to Cinema 4D though and in the end I wasn't able to use it.

Yeah it's all a bit backwards at times... once you get the hang of it it's really good though.

Yea, I attend Full Sail now. That's why I started learning Maya, they teach Maya there.

I'm going for the Computer Animation degree :P

Seeing as I'll be having a very basic 3D class again this semester, I might post some stuff (if we actually end up doing anything decent that is). Anyone heard of the program Amapi before? Cause that's what we're using but I'd never heard of it before.

I've heard of it, but that's about the extent of my knowledge in it.

Full Sail is a ridiculous school. It's highly accelerated so like courses end up lasting only a month. That means... a lot of work needs to go in outside of school.

But... that also means that I get done with school in a total of 23 months :P

I don't know why I even really posted the name of the school, I'm an American, so it's silly to expect you to know it.

The school itself is crazy awesome though. We don't have duel monitors, but we do have all that other jazz you were going on about. Also, The Daily Buzz actually uses my school to broadcast their news stuff... kinda weird... but... ehh lol

I was checking out the website and the place looks really good. It seems to take the whole business of it all very serious and is dedicated. Which is what you want, obviously. I'm jealous!

It is crazy serious... After only using Maya for 3 months I was able to make this!

taxi.jpg

Yea, I didn't realize how small the render was until just a few minutes ago... and I don't feel like re rendering it now haha.

Also, all I did on that was shade/light it. No modeling was done by me.

Blender is not bad; best of all it is free...lol i think if you start on blender you can easily work your way up on many programs as modelling techniques are similar. There are many tutorials out there and i used to use Blender in 2004 but stopped because i felt limited in my abilities and when i cried for help on the forums, i was sometimes shut down.

Those great modellers shuold check out the Peugeot design contest where if successful, you win Euro's and get your work displayed at the Frankfurt Motorshow (you may even get to work with Peugeot design team)

My dream careers in life was: car design and game design. Sadly i won't be able to realise these ambitions as my modelling is finsihed know..lol

Don't give up moddelling guys

It is crazy serious... After only using Maya for 3 months I was able to make this!

taxi.jpg

Yea, I didn't realize how small the render was until just a few minutes ago... and I don't feel like re rendering it now haha.

Also, all I did on that was shade/light it. No modeling was done by me.

great work!! : peace:

Check it - 9 hours of work with ArchiCAD, 3D Studio Max and Photoshop

exterior.jpg

Interior.jpg

I'd say that stuff looks like it could be more high poly... (sharp edges on the corners of walls... and the couch looks weird...)

but overall very impressive... and even more so for only 9 hours of work

What kinda irks me though is that... since you don't have an environment outside the windows look funny. Atleast throw an image plane behind those windows... something that has like a backyard or something in it.

That's really good, especially for the time! Well done there, man!

Check it - 9 hours of work with ArchiCAD, 3D Studio Max and Photoshop

exterior.jpg

Interior.jpg

Great work, only problem i see is there arent any lights.

Did you design the furniture or was that premade?

Done some more work on my animation character, hopefully will be able to show you those animations fairly soon. Rigging is a bastard and it makes me want to kill lots of folk very, very nastily but its coming along.

And yeah, i know shes not very well textured or modelled but she'll do for what she's for.

texturedrender2.jpg

texturedrender3.jpg

texturedrender4.jpg

I'm having a problem in 3D Studio Max 2008. When you refine and connect vertexs in a spline, if you click on an exsisting vertex it will ask if you want to refine or connect... basically, I when through loads of those and finally decided to click the option I wanted and "Do not show this message again." Now I need the OTHER option and I don't know how to get back to it.

Totally stuck. :(

Delete your preferences file :D

Here's something for a silly quick project I'm working on...

dk3.jpg

That's running in Halo Custom Edition in that picture by the way.

Also... for that project...

controller.jpg

controller2.jpg

(fixed the Dpad in this one)

I'm also going to be using my NES cartridges that I showed earlier... I'm probably going to use my older carts.. just clean em up a bit.... or just remodel it and make them pretty :D

NES11.jpg

That's looking pretty sweet man. What's it all going to come to though... interesting.

I just restarted it, the option only lasts a session.

Delete your preferences file :D

Here's something for a silly quick project I'm working on...

dk3.jpg

That's running in Halo Custom Edition in that picture by the way.

Also... for that project...

controller.jpg

controller2.jpg

(fixed the Dpad in this one)

I'm also going to be using my NES cartridges that I showed earlier... I'm probably going to use my older carts.. just clean em up a bit.... or just remodel it and make them pretty :D

NES11.jpg

Cool stuff !! but when i last saw the NES controller the buttons were round ^.-

Sign in to follow this