NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Colin

3D Modelling Thread

Nananananananananananah cat progress!

(you know...like the Batman tune?)

2rr9ct5.jpg

Its okay. Obviously not brilliant but its getting there. And it looks kinda like a dalmation but I'm cool with that. It can be a new breed. Only really got tomorrow and Saturday to do it but I've got a 2 hour lunch so taking my slaptop to uni.

Ignore the floating shapes.

And it's finished.

Kinda.

Today is the last day I can really do anything for it so had to be wrapped up. Had to cut a few corners and what not but hey ho.

2w3z28m.jpg

90270y.jpg

293uc7a.jpg

fdfymv.jpg

He needs a name...

Oh and he has a mouth...its just under the fur of course :heh:

!

I didn't spot this until now.

That's really cool Ashley.

I think the thing that stands out the most is the eyes, they could have done with a little more work.

But I know you just said about not having tiiiime anymore so that's fine.

Good luck with your thingie!

Yeah the eyes don't really blend in, but I chalk it up to cartooneyness...maybe.

I love how during the weekend I went to see my dad and realised its just a cat version of his Bearded Collie ^_^

And thaaaaanks :)

*give thread a bolt of life*

So I quickly did a second character today.

jenningbody.jpg

jenninghead.jpg

I was trying to get a sunken cheeks but it just looks odd.

I dunno.

Any ideas for the faaaace?

jenningsidea.jpg

Maybe like this...?

Hum....

jenningsprogress.jpg

Obviously needs work... just not sure if that's the direction I want to go.

Looks a bit odd in places... but maybe once I do that much needed work it won't...

Or maybe the odd bits are more general than that...

The inside of his nose looks really flat. As if he's been wearing a clothes peg on it for twenty years.

And his lips scare me. I'm worried they're going to try and touch me while I sleep.

Like the pointier chin. Perhaps the tip of his nose should droop a bit in profile?

See I have issues with the hair, on the front it looks all well and dandy but on the side, it just looks abit out of place, I think it might need making bigger or repositioning?

EDIT: I would show the work I've been doing for my integrated project, but really the base model isn't my own work so its not really fair to show here.

Neveeeeeer, post, post.

Can't really say what would be good without seeing it.

RESURRECTION!

A quick (about 15 minutes, if that?) thing just because I haven't done anything in ages:

ip3vbl.jpg2093aki.jpg

HOOT!

Its rubbish, but I wanted to do something quick and cartoony. And the beak looks rubbish in profile :p

Something I've been working on.

The original model isn't mine, but were doing characters based on the full monty. Here's gerald. :)

Learnt how to use toon shading, it was actually quite fun, I've not really been up to much modelling recently, need to get back to it.

Geraldscreen2.jpg

Geraldscreen.jpg

EDIT: Ashley use a turbosmoother on the body, it'll give it a less jaggid look.

Characters are funny here:) Here's one I made with Rhinoceros based on a tutorial. Ankat_nettii.png

Cheers NW. Like the look of your character :)

And your ducks emikael. But who doesn't love ducks eh?

I got onto that 3D animation course. Huzzah :D

Thank you Ashley. I think we're all waiting for the outcome of your course:) Good luck for your studies.

It would be nice if I'd manage to get some more own models here too.

That's my plan for the summer really, to build up my own models to use on the course. I was speaking to someone currently on the course and he mentioned that they use a lot of pre-build models for the sake of ease but it would be nice if I built my own up...or at least try.

Oh and thanks :)

Well feel free to give me some feeeeedback about my animation I'm doing. I've left most of it until this weekend which was a very bad idea.

The latest video shows my body animation for the first character so far. The "Blocking" video shows the previous blocking that I'm working from.

Lastest:

Blocking

Obviously they're not full renders or anything, but any feedback would be swell.

Here's the problems I know I need fixing:

At the start when he slides the thingie across the desk, it looks... odd. I dunno if it's the way the curve is... right now everything is just straight (the curves).

His head is too stationary at points, I'm hoping it'll be less noticeable when his face is animated and his jaw is going, etc.

At the end he holds that pose... need him to change it slightly before the camera changes.

And then the thing that I can't quite put my finger on... is that... I dunno, it seems to go from pose to pose and doesn't seem to flow as such. Maybe I need more stuff moving at different times... and not stuff being key framed all on the same frame, etc.

You mention the only thing I noticed - the stationary head. His head should 'bounce' to punctuate what he's saying, akin to how you have his finger stamping on the desk. With body language you generally have the head 'leading' before the gesticulation, so if the arms lead lead then it looks robotic, so if it's possible to have the head 'forshadowing' the body's actions (and thus the forshadowing the script, too) then it'd be neat-o.

I remember seeing one of your older designs for this moranis-like scientist. I have no idea what you're doing but it looks good!

Cheers Jay-to-the-7!

I'm just working on the other guy's animation now (who walks about in the background), hopefully I don't need to spend too long on him because it's mostly blurred out...

Hopefully either tomorrow or Sunday I'll have the chance to fix any problems with the animation so far.

Cheers again, dude!

Well I don't really understand the whole 'blocking' vid thing so I don't have any comments there for you.

With the box-thing that gets dragged over the desk - the boxthing should offer a resistence initially, so the animation should first be slow... if that makes sense?

I've watched it like 10 times now, and I like the hand movements a lot. The tensing as he shouts "Jenning!" works well, as does the aformentioned finger-tap, and the slight repositioning of the right hand as the left grabs the boxthing.

But yeah, I don't know the process you're working through. It all looks very impressive and I thought I'd lend an eye as you asked in the HWYD thread :)

Sign in to follow this