NEurope
Nick

What The Hell?? Nintendo Wii!!??

Why do you insist it´s the new name for the Rev? Does it SAY it IS the new name?

I´m still going for the new Wi-Fi Connection name...

To be proven wrong at E3...

because it says it is retard. otherwise we wouldn't be getting all pissy

Until I see Iwata stand up at E3 and call Revo the Nintendo Wii, I'm calling this as a joke/marketing ploy. That name is terrible.

A person on another board made a good point. Names of a product can make or break a company. Now im not saying that Nintendo will be broke but its not very catchy, sure the Japanese may lap it up but what about us westerners. Maybe they will cahnge the name over here like they did with the Famicom....please say that is the case.

I don't have a problem with that name - after all it is just a name for gods sake and nothing more. Complaining won't help at all I am sure everyone who planned to buy the console before will do it anyways.

I think the focus is really that gaming to become a socially accepted sparetime activity. Everybody should play games Wii should play games!

I can't stop laughing! :laughing:

That name is mental.

But why announce this now and not at E3? :hmm:

A person on another board made a good point. Names of a product can make or break a company. Now im not saying that Nintendo will be broke but its not very catchy, sure the Japanese may lap it up but what about us westerners. Maybe they will cahnge the name over here like they did with the Famicom....please say that is the case.

I hope so.I don't think Westoner's will take this very will.

OMG such ridiculous symptoms of denial you people are showing.

Nintendo would lose money by playing such a prank on a day which is not April Fools.

If Microsoft made a prank saying Windows is renamed Doors they would lose a lot of money.

Hey don´t get cranky at me. I´m at work in a lousy comp, and I can´t see Nintendo´s website, I can see the video, but didn´t see the headline there. I don´t even see the Revolution Europe banner in the top here :indeed:

And that´s why I asked if it says it IS the new name ::shrug:

If Microsoft made a prank saying Windows is renamed Doors they would lose a lot of money.

At least that would be slightly funny but this aint in the slightest.

W = VV VV= X

therefore W = X

therefore WII = XII

Nintendo XII seems better.

also, wouldn't germans pronounce this "ve"?

Meh, I'll still be buying it.

no doubt, and so will everyone else in here probably and if the name actually prevents someone from buying it that person seriously needs to grow up

NOTE! Nintedo hasn't claimed trademark for "Wii" on either Japan, USA or Great Britain. They haven't even sought for it. Only trademark for Wii is from year 1993 and that was for Wilkinson Sword Limited's razorblades.

Cool name, I like it, but it looks like I'm the only one :shakehead

No, you are not the only one. I like it too. ^^

Who wants to play with my Wii? Anyone wanna play with my Wii? I'll play with your Wii if you want me to bring my Wii controller around your house..

Truth is, I'm impartial to it. I'd have preferred Revolution but this is a pretty average name which I find hard to hate.

I will still refer to it as "My Nintendo"

That question mark is correctly placed in your sig, Demuwan.

Thank you :wtf:

I think I should change it to "Wii the legends rise again?"

If it mean's 'We' or whatever and it's for everyone,maybe Wii will have a Global Launch?

no doubt, and so will everyone else in here probably and if the name actually prevents someone from buying it that person seriously needs to grow up

Very True but what im worried about is people who dont play games and these are the people Nintendo are trying to " capture " with this comical name.

Least they have caused some serious amounts of internet discussions.

Wii looks like a decent name. The appeal of seeing it on poster and all. Its not until you say it realise how bad it will sound in sentences. But I can see the marketing behind it, and if they are concentrating on 'we', as in good online play, thats surely a good thing.