NEurope
Nick

What The Hell?? Nintendo Wii!!??

Oh. Dear. God.

Why Nintendo? Wii?

Thats if it is what we're all assuming it is, which I'm willing to bet it isn't. They're not that stupid. Are they? :shock:

It could be fake..?

It sounds very new age Nintendo though..

I will be referring to it as "Nintendo" if this is truth.

- Wanna play some Nintendo?

- Wanna play some we?

One sounds very unhygienic and the others ounds like fun.

that video is cool as fuck though! ok so not a very macho name but neither was Gamecube

Taking the Wii

Wii are the world

Wii shall fight them on the beaches

The posibilities for marketing slogans are scary!

Mike

um... wii I don't like. the logo I don't like. the video, I do like.

but yeah. I think the name sucks.

to be fair though, I struggle to think of an appropriate name.

in french I guess it will sound a bit like "yes"

in english english (not sure about american/australian/canadian etc)it sounds a bit unfortunate :/

what about other languages?

I think I might want to hear it pronounced before I finally judge the name though

Maybe if enough people hate it, they'll change it. Go is 10* better then Wii. Not to mention the slagging I'd get from my brother for having one. He's always doing this "we" bollox. >_>

Oh dear lord! that name is terrible!

Wii isnt even a word!

Its like some dumbass couldnt spell we so used double i instead.

That intro sways me to it... kinda... but still sounds terrible IMO...

"Hey wanna come over later and play with my Wii?"

"Eww, thats discusting!" *Smack*

Ok this is seriously strange.How come no magazine or site's like IGn got it first.And their definition of 'Wii' is crap.I'll wait for proper confirmation.

Oh my fucking God, it IS on the Nintendo website.

What the hell has gone wrong??

Today is not Friday the 13th!!

I like it. I dunno why, but I just like it. Wii is a cool kinda futury name, sounds space age and weird new technology. I dunno, to me it sounds beautiful.

Pah, maybe I'm too much of a fanboy and I just like everything!

I like it. I dunno why, but I just like it. Wii is a cool kinda futury name, sounds space age and weird new technology. I dunno, to me it sounds beautiful.

Im a Ninty fanboy but that is just too much to take. Just when E3 was looking good they go and shoot themselves in the foot. The name just doesnt sound catchy at all.

PS3

Wii

i agree, its not THAT bad and its already starting to sink in. Think Nintendo Wifi without the F. I didnt see anyone complaining about that name :heh:

Revolution was a far better name, in my opinion. However, perhaps I'll grow to like it..

I thought it was a crap name, until…

'Wii can be remembered by everyone around the world no matter what language they speak. No confusion, no need to abbreviate.'

Now consider that Re-vo-lu-tion is a four-syllable word. It's meaningless to non-English speakers, and it'd be hard to say. The English speaking market wouldn't appreciate a four-syllable Japanese word, meaning the same/a similar thing, especially if it was hard to pronounce.

Then again, I'm not that bothered what it's called, as long as it's fun.

Man the name suck's it barely mean's anything.This has got to be a wind up or a conspiracy or something.On NoE site aswell.

C'mon that's the best they can do! I can understand why HD is not included but how much money does it cost to come up with a good name? What a fugly word! They had a great name, alot of people knew it and they leave it so late to change it to this. Revolution says something this says .... ? I don't care what the website says. Stop pissing me off Nintendo!!!