NEurope
Nintendork

Photography.

I was supposed to take pictures of fireworks tonight, but a late Chinese meal scuppered that, so a friend and I ended up doing an impromptu studio shoot. Quite happy with it considering it's my first time setting up and shooting with a studio/more than one flash:

Yo yo fail:

DSC04238.jpg

DSC04239bw.jpg

DSC04242.jpg

DSC04245.jpg

Edited by Goafer

I'm not sure if I mentioned it or not earlier in the thread, but I got my own RedBubble group, Urbex. It's all about abandoned places etc (I'm fairly certain you all know I do it by now!). Here is my favourite photos that users have added (can't link images unfortunately due to clear overlays):

Silhouette

Theatre Self Portrait

Train Station

Wheelchair

Light Trail

Prison

There really are some great works in there. I'm quite proud of my little group!

My friends guitar and my bass:

work.6307186.2.flat,800x800,070,f.jpg

Edited by Goafer

My friend having a "moment":

PB198103.jpg

His Fallout getup:

PB198118.jpg

PB198121.jpg

PB198133.jpg

PB198147.jpg

Having another "moment":

PB198184.jpg

What processes are you using to take that photo, it has a very studio feel to it. Do you have some lights?

Someone bought one of my photo's as a large canvas print for someones birthday a while ago, and they finally sent me a photo!... shame it's a bit of a crap photo of it, but I can't really ask them to take it again :p anyways...

salesenna.jpg

Edited by Retro_Link

What processes are you using to take that photo, it has a very studio feel to it. Do you have some lights?

I just used the normal bedroom light. I shoot to RAW files, so they give the option to increase the exposure after the picture was taken, so I just upped the exposure and used levels to give it a really light look. I took out a load of saturation too so that the colours look really washed out. I would have gone for black and white, but I thought that the colours added to the picture, so I didn't remove them completely.

Here's the image as it came from the camera. I was just messing around really as the dog was laid on the bed like a human, so grabbed my camera for an opportune photo.

PC098231.jpg

I also got rid of the TV since it looked shit.

All the pictures of me and friend were done with makeshift studio lighting (my flash, his flash, 2 tripods and a sync lead)

work.6443677.1.flat,800x800,070,f.jpg

work.6443689.1.flat,800x800,070,f.jpg

I'm happy with these considering I don't have a macro lens.

I've decided to force myself to take more pictures. Kind of been slacking recently with work being so busy. So I've decided to take pictures of things in the house as practice. The guitar was closest!

Edited by Goafer

Didn't get round to posting these from my trip to NY before. They are quite touristy I know, but I was only there for 2 days and just wanted to try and soak it all up and capture it all.

Good Morning New York!...

p1030177j.jpg

p1030173d.jpg

p1030278b.jpg

p1030435d.jpg

p1030520ak.jpg

68925583.jpg

94344323.jpg

46161015.jpg

11914468.jpg

57176505.jpg

99709922.jpg

63045570.jpg

... Night!

Edited by Retro_Link

Sold my first proper print (IE. not a card) of a photo today:

work.5135941.2.flat,800x800,070,f.jpg

Shame it wasn't one of my decent photos really.

Very nice. Though I'm not a huge fan of the font you use to watermark / pedantic

Thanks. That's just the watermark that RedBubble adds. They only give you 3 options: none, small (like the one on mine) or a big bastard one in the middle. I've thought about putting my own signature (one specifically for photos, not the one I sign for stuff with!) on my photos, but I can't really be bothered.

Thinking about grabbing a diana f+ I've found one for a great price/stuff, not sure I can justify the price yet, but I want eeettt.

Thinking about grabbing a diana f+ I've found one for a great price/stuff, not sure I can justify the price yet, but I want eeettt.

I'd say go for it.

But then again, I endorse any photography based purchase.

Plus I have no sense of the value of money either.

I'd say go for it.

But then again, I endorse any photography based purchase.

Plus I have no sense of the value of money either.

Well for what you get it's worth it, I just know it's going to cost me a fortune in film!

Yeeesh, that first one is sublime. o_________0

*Applauds*

Definitely, one of your best pictures Goafer!

Thanks. That's just the watermark that RedBubble adds. They only give you 3 options: none, small (like the one on mine) or a big bastard one in the middle. I've thought about putting my own signature (one specifically for photos, not the one I sign for stuff with!) on my photos, but I can't really be bothered.

Ahh I see, fair enough then.

Went on a bit of an urban exploration trip at long last. You ever get worried about asbestos and that shit? One of the buildings was bordered up with asbestos warnings on it.. we didn;t go in that one but still, a bit worrying..!

165349_10150354658215691_669125690_16732724_473441_n.jpg

166417_10150354658385691_669125690_16732729_5622064_n.jpg