NEurope
Nintendork

Photography.

Took me a while to realise there's a moon in there..well ok, I had to read nightwolf's post. But I really like the pic...

This one was taken with my old phone, whilst leaning out of my uni kitchen window...

Mattpic181-1.jpg

Seeing as I have no friends over the summer (im a loner :P) I am taking photos instead;

n536116492_948354_4897.jpg

n536116492_948355_7447.jpg

Those two are part of my walk home. T'is nice and scenic.

And this one was from the carnival over the weekend. It reminds me of a Friedlander (I think...from around that era. My photography history is slipping away) just because of the composition:

n536116492_948361_1632.jpg

And this one was from the carnival over the weekend. It reminds me of a Friedlander (I think...from around that era. My photography history is slipping away) just because of the composition:

n536116492_948361_1632.jpg

I think that's a very powerful photo. At first you wish that woman weren't so awkwardly blocking full-view of the beautiful parade, but then you could interpret it (I know it wasn't staged, but I like drawing conclusions) as Parent(hood) vs. Child(hood). A less perfect and fanciful world awaits than the parade float would like to believe. Then issues of feminism could be adressed; there is a man on the float, a father-figure, enjoying his view and position as much as the young people. There is a clear divide between the mother-figure in the foreground, out of sync, and the father figure. It could be interpreted as feminist; Women see past the fanciful and dreams, and get on a do it, despite that they have often been portrayed as doing the opposite?

EDIT; Notable is the fact the woman is walking away (though towards us, also notable), while the children watch, still happy. Some significance could also be in the fact the father-figure is pointing to where the mother-figure is headed...are they mocking her/her destination?

EDIT2; The woman and the crowd are a huge distance apart, with only her deviating from either the crowd or the float. Again, this could be a feminist statement against following the "set pattern" for women and wives, to raise a family. She's walking away from the children and the father, and even though the father points (maybe he's supportive on the outside, but not really), no one else is following.

Sorry, I was inspired.

I think that's a very powerful photo. At first you wish that woman weren't so awkwardly blocking full-view of the beautiful parade, but then you could interpret it (I know it wasn't staged, but I like drawing conclusions) as Parent(hood) vs. Child(hood). A less perfect and fanciful world awaits than the parade float would like to believe. Then issues of feminism could be adressed; there is a man on the float, a father-figure, enjoying his view and position as much as the young people. There is a clear divide between the mother-figure in the foreground, out of sync, and the father figure. It could be interpreted as feminist; Women see past the fanciful and dreams, and get on a do it, despite that they have often been portrayed as doing the opposite?

EDIT; Notable is the fact the woman is walking away (though towards us, also notable), while the children watch, still happy. Some significance could also be in the fact the father-figure is pointing to where the mother-figure is headed...are they mocking her/her destination?

EDIT2; The woman and the crowd are a huge distance apart, with only her deviating from either the crowd or the float. Again, this could be a feminist statement against following the "set pattern" for women and wives, to raise a family. She's walking away from the children and the father, and even though the father points (maybe he's supportive on the outside, but not really), no one else is following.

Sorry, I was inspired.

I think your reading too deeply into it, its a good photo. Thats it to me really.

I prefer paj's reply :P

But yes, it suprised even me how much you read into it but it is great to see that kind of thought and insight into your work. Really makes it all worth it :)

I think your reading too deeply into it, its a good photo. Thats it to me really.

God, rude one.

Why's it rude? It's my opinion :s

It's not rude. That was just a term I use for a laugh.

I did actually say I was reading into it when there was actually nothing to read into, so it just felt like a really pointless post. But yeah. : peace:

I said I was inspired to write something.

Some pictures from 'Parys Mountain', the old copper mine which is situated next to my village. Never explored it before, and it's been on my doorstep for 21+ years!

l_77f097bff2438a2de0ff21d2936ab2d4.jpg

l_90cd81e7479ebcf95c703aff38fa74ac.jpg

l_a124c1720f3483785c24188912ee814b.jpg

l_f5bedd5e2835781e1dcbd276855ce13d.jpg

l_3ee642bd4c06b8ec28cff511d57f6b41.jpg

Ahh the gaping hole known as Wales.

I think the first two work best; they really show the ruins of nature and the emptiness of it all.

Although the last one is amusing.

photos

Amazing photographs Pyxis! And lucky you for getting to see a kestrel and being able to take such great pictures of it! =D

*jealous*

Amazing photographs Pyxis! And lucky you for getting to see a kestrel and being able to take such great pictures of it! =D

*jealous*

Thanks Eenuh, it actually caught a mouse while we watched it. The final pic was taken just after it landed on the mouse. This happened on the edge of a cliff by the sea and it was only a few metres away from us. It was a once in a lifetime experience.:)

241635.jpg

I love this one, with the guy looking like he's just dropped dead in the background, and the guy looking like he's running for his life.