NEurope
Nintendork

Photography.

I use a Nikon D70, I love it to bits even though I think the technology in the camera is 5 years old now. Yeh your right about the tracks, I just saw a diggery/JCB type thing hanging around with no one near it, so up I went and took that snap.

Ah the D70. What do you think of the new D60 and the 450D they announced in Feb? Worth the money if you're just starting or would it be wise to go for the 400D or D40X?

I have a strong feeling I've asked this before but I just wanted to know your opinions on the new cameras.

The new Canon uses SD cards instead of CF now but the D60 had some things different, I can't remember if it still uses those lenses the D40 can only use.

What camera should i get?

I'm pretty sure i want a nikkon, my mates been telling me to get a d100, but i want a more recent one for about £250.

Any advice?

Oh poops! It sounds like its not the hatfield near me, I knew it wouldn't be. I'll still check your photos out though!

*Goes and sulks in a corner*

Yup, very much not near you.

Maybe these will cheer you up though, its just a few images that day, the ones i thought you'd like.

PB182337.jpg

PB182335.jpg

PB182322.jpg

PB182316.jpg

IMAG0093.jpg

PB182315.jpg

PB182308.jpg

PB182307.jpg

PB182306.jpg

IMAG0086.jpg

IMAG0102.jpg

@ Maiky

IMG_3019Esmall.jpg

manbn0.jpg

Youre camera is very good though, so I dont think you'd need photoshop!

Oh! thanks Letty!! that looks awesome. i have photoshop on my computers (because our members said we need it on our systems and so i did) altough i realy rarely use it and when i do i dont know what i am realy doing. i sometimes use Level and the repair tools and that is about it ... >.<

but you seem to have mastered it more than i do!! great jobe !!

Ah the D70. What do you think of the new D60 and the 450D they announced in Feb? Worth the money if you're just starting or would it be wise to go for the 400D or D40X?

I have a strong feeling I've asked this before but I just wanted to know your opinions on the new cameras.

The new Canon uses SD cards instead of CF now but the D60 had some things different, I can't remember if it still uses those lenses the D40 can only use.

I didn't hear of the D60 till last week and from what I've read about it myself, it sounds as if you might as well same some money and grab a D40, not even the D40x.

I haven't used a Canon DSLR, but they seem incredibly popular alot of my friends have the 400D. So I can't wait to try one of theirs out, I've always thought that the 350D/400D looked as if they were a toy the plastic just looks real cheap, but I really shouldn't judge a book by its cover, pictures ive seen people take with it, make it look a real good camera.

I never went for the D40 / D40x because it just felt too small in my hand, Ideally I wanted the D80 but it was a little to expensive for a hobby I didn't know I was going to like. So I went on eBay and got my self a D70 for ?300 and I love the build quality, the size is just right, and everything is layed out just like it should be so it works a charm.

I'm unsure what to purchase next, I'm thinking before I start buying more lenses to make sure I'm happy with my Nikon choice. Because once I start spending money on lenses thats it, its going to be real hard to switch. So I really want to see what Canon offer, my P&S was a Canon and I was really impressed by it, but I'll have to wait to test some of their DSLR's out.

Is it just a case of Apple and Oranges?

Yup, very much not near you.

Maybe these will cheer you up though, its just a few images that day, the ones i thought you'd like.

Thanks for them, that place looks amazing. I'd love to see it renovated go im jealous my house doesn't look like that!

________

Vapir no2 vaporizer

Edited by fex

I didn't hear of the D60 till last week and from what I've read about it myself, it sounds as if you might as well same some money and grab a D40, not even the D40x.

I haven't used a Canon DSLR, but they seem incredibly popular alot of my friends have the 400D. So I can't wait to try one of theirs out, I've always thought that the 350D/400D looked as if they were a toy the plastic just looks real cheap, but I really shouldn't judge a book by its cover, pictures ive seen people take with it, make it look a real good camera.

I never went for the D40 / D40x because it just felt too small in my hand, Ideally I wanted the D80 but it was a little to expensive for a hobby I didn't know I was going to like. So I went on eBay and got my self a D70 for £300 and I love the build quality, the size is just right, and everything is layed out just like it should be so it works a charm.

I'm unsure what to purchase next, I'm thinking before I start buying more lenses to make sure I'm happy with my Nikon choice. Because once I start spending money on lenses thats it, its going to be real hard to switch. So I really want to see what Canon offer, my P&S was a Canon and I was really impressed by it, but I'll have to wait to test some of their DSLR's out.

Is it just a case of Apple and Oranges?

Thanks for them, that place looks amazing. I'd love to see it renovated go im jealous my house doesn't look like that!

Fantastic information ^.^, I was looking at the canon D40, though if you are saying it's too small that might be an issue for me, I have quite big hands *chuckle*, which always effects my photos with my camera now because it's small and slim.

*thumbs up*:yay:

Fantastic information ^.^, I was looking at the canon D40, though if you are saying it's too small that might be an issue for me, I have quite big hands *chuckle*, which always effects my photos with my camera now because it's small and slim.

I don't have big hands and it still feels quite small, the D70 is bulky enough to get a good grasp. But on the flip side, it means the D40 is a lot lighter and smaller, which is always good when your luggin' it around everywhere.

I think the best thing to do is to go into a shop, and just compare a D40 with the 350D/400D and see how they fit in your hand and how they work. I know its hard but really think whether you want to go Nikon / Canon. You will want to replace you body every 5 years (give or take, if your an upgrading freak or just like to stick with the same old) But your lenses will last you for pretty much ever, so try and look at the big picture, not just ohhh the Nikon D40 is better than the 350D of vice versa because it won't matter, but your glass will.

________

LovelyWendie

Edited by fex

I don't have big hands and it still feels quite small, the D70 is bulky enough to get a good grasp. But on the flip side, it means the D40 is a lot lighter and smaller, which is always good when your luggin' it around everywhere.

I think the best thing to do is to go into a shop, and just compare a D40 with the 350D/400D and see how they fit in your hand and how they work. I know its hard but really think whether you want to go Nikon / Canon. You will want to replace you body every 5 years (give or take, if your an upgrading freak or just like to stick with the same old) But your lenses will last you for pretty much ever, so try and look at the big picture, not just ohhh the Nikon D40 is better than the 350D of vice versa because it won't matter, but your glass will.

Well for me five years is quite a while, that will last me the whole of my degree!! I would love a nikon, but I've never seen a ''cheap'' one, unless I'm looking in completely the wrong place.

I'm not too fussed with lugging it around either, I'll go see, right now I cannot afford a new camera!

Past Saturday our neighbor's gave a gig with his band "Out of the blue" i made some pictures there including this one:

E4574.jpg

Today i tried to use photoshop in a other way than i am used to. and this is how it turned out. This is my first time i was creative with Photoshop. do you like it?

OutOfTheBlue.jpg

I don't really like the writing, what does the image look like without it?

uhm well uhm...like this..

OutOfTheBluenotext.jpg

Hmm, I like it ^.^, maybe if you want font make it so it's like the pixeled squares?

If thats possible?

I actually like the photo better than the photoshop version. =3

Nice angle.

Not a fan of the lens flares you added in the other version; that's something a lot of people seem to abuse when they experiment in photoshop, adding in unnecessary lens flares. X3

When you say canon D40 do you mean the Nikon D40 or the Canon 40D. There's a big price difference between the two.

You could always check out dpreview for more info.

I've had these two websites in my favourites list for a while and they're quite cheap for the amateur end photographs. Compared to when I was looking around a while ago they were cheaper than other websites.

This place and this place.

When you say canon D40 do you mean the Nikon D40 or the Canon 40D. There's a big price difference between the two.

You could always check out dpreview for more info.

I've had these two websites in my favourites list for a while and they're quite cheap for the amateur end photographs. Compared to when I was looking around a while ago they were cheaper than other websites.

This place and this place.

I'm on about the canon d40, but I think fex was trying to tell me to bare nikon in mind as well, not just the d40.

2330218305_ee724120f3.jpg

God, this picture has been a nightmare, I've cropped it about 17 times and weren't really happy with any of the crops. So I'm not 100% happy with this, but sometimes enough is enough.

Also check out my other pictures, and leave a comment @ FLICKR

________

Mercedes-benz type 300 history

Edited by fex

Ah I love that very pretty ^.^, is there anyway I can use that image as my wallpaper, for my own personal use :D?

ps. is there a bigger version ^.^?

Ah I love that very pretty ^.^, is there anyway I can use that image as my wallpaper, for my own personal use :D?

ps. is there a bigger version ^.^?

Yeh sure, what res are you running at? I had to major scale it down because I don't think Flickr like images above 3Mb. But I have the original which is in the region of 3000 odd pixels by 2000 odd.

________

FREE DRUPAL THEMES

Edited by fex

1280 by 900 ^.^, I'm going off the top of my head here because I'm at college, I'll have to check later. But I'm pretty sure that's big enough.

Cool I'll do those tonight, Nightwolf just confirm your res and i'll get it up 2nite for you 2.

Thanks for the interest :D

________

Avandia Lawsuites

Edited by fex