NEurope
Nintendork

Photography.

Anyone who knows anything about camera, what'd be your opinion.

Nikon D40X or a Canon EOS 400D?

I've read some reviews about them both and I don't know which one to aim towards.

If I want to get a good DSLR camera. For a beginner ish photographer (I know about Aperture and all that jazz) what brand/camera would people recommend to get? Something below 400 simoleans. (?)

Nevermind. I found the Nikon D40X. looks good.

My old housemate had the D40, and I felt it was to small for my hands and I don't have big hands. And if you are looking at buying other lenses then the D40 and D40X will not be able to auto-focus with the old style lenses.

Anyone who knows anything about camera, what'd be your opinion.

Nikon D40X or a Canon EOS 400D?

I've read some reviews about them both and I don't know which one to aim towards.

Both are amazing cameras, it just depends which feels nicer and how everything is layout. But in terms of quality I don't believe theres a great deal of difference in them. It's down to personal preference. And if you don't have any glass then i don't think you will regret any decision.

________

Big dick tube

Edited by fex

That's probably my only gripe with the D40X. I have like a choice of 3 lenses of what I've seen on website. And 18-55mm, 18-135mm and a 55-200mm.

Glancing through a book I saw at the Salts Mill, these don't zoom in a lot but I'm not one for zooming all that much.

The Canon I havn't read all that much on yet but it has the dust cleaning thing inside which sounds pretty cool.

Diiilleemmaaa.

Yeh the first camera you buy is quite important, especially once you have started buying glass.

e.g. You don't want to end up having 4 Canon lenses then realise that you would prefer a Nikon. Best thing to do is to have a 'hands on' session at a local photography shop, most places should have those models in. And just explore the menus, where the buttons are etc.

I wouldn't worry too much that one camera has less noise at a higher ISO than another, etc. Both are solid cameras, it just comes down to preference.

________

EroticFantasyxx

Edited by fex

Cheer for the advice. More information gathering shall be needed for now.

A review site which does what I want, compared the two.

D40X it is for me.

I went out and took a few pictures today, I've been meaning to get off my arse and start getting more serious about my photography.

2225911443_b8b2dab20a.jpg

2225920909_c8b15da629.jpg

________

RossiePUSSY

Edited by fex

I used Photomatrix to produce a HDR image, the bottom left of the image is dirtily noisy though :(

________

Kitchen Measures

Edited by fex

Somethings I took today that have yet to be fireworked:

These are just the macro ones for now, I'll post some others later.

2008_03060045.jpg

^ my favourite

2008_03060046.jpg

2008_03060079.jpg

2008_03060023.jpg

2008_03060065.jpg

2008_03060058.jpg

2008_03060074.jpg

Could someone reccomend me gallery software that I can mass upload to, instead of having to load every single one of the 63 photos of London I have. !_!

will ave to start chucking some photos on ere i ave a Canon 400d EOS lovely camera :D

ive been mainly printing off for college thou (do photography course part time)

Last december some photos of a gig :

l_28531026896cbada61a8614f3cc6a0e8.jpg

l_1b70bfc79e303dd7cd2326583ae5832e.jpg

Super Awesome Devil May Cry Castle:

castleij9.jpg

(ps. its a library in Aberdeen that was cool ^^ )

This is a photo i took today, its a HDR shot.

That's a nice HDR photo.

HDR is just many photos of different exposures on one another isn't it?

How'd you get the guy to stand there in the same position all that time unless it's really easy. My brothers been experimenting with HDR so I've only heard snippets of what he does when he talkes about it.

That's a nice HDR photo.

HDR is just many photos of different exposures on one another isn't it?

How'd you get the guy to stand there in the same position all that time unless it's really easy. My brothers been experimenting with HDR so I've only heard snippets of what he does when he talkes about it.

yeah i only used 3 images for this one. I got him to stay there by yelling and bribing him with kinder eggs. The thing i learned from this is never use a person in a HDR image as they can never stay still enough.

Still, is a nice picture. I thought it was strange seeing a perfectly still person in it when other HDRs I've seen have blurs of lights when cars pass by.