NEurope
Nintendork

Photography.

Some photos I took in Cornwall last year while I was on holiday. I absolutely hated the camera I was taking them on but Autofix made them turn out alright I think.

4412566230_8604d10b96.jpg

4412556434_091a4e05c5.jpg

4412554034_66807c232e.jpg

4411782625_8b9186cb39.jpg

4411770395_ce15a29e35.jpg

I really like those photos ipaul. Peaceful (and sharp). Somehow colors bring to my mind that those pics could´ve been taken with a film camera.

Edited by emikael
Automerged Doublepost

I saw some really awesome selective Black and White photos at the show on Sunday, so I thought I'd have a go. The only decent potrait I have is of me unfortunately.

My favourite version:

GoaferartsySingleColour.jpg

Goaferartsy.jpg

GoaferartsyMulticolour.jpg

The ones at the show were seperate canvas prints on a black background.

Edited by Goafer

I really like those photos ipaul. Peaceful (and sharp). Somehow colors bring to my mind that those pics could´ve been taken with a film camera.

Thanks :D I wouldn't have observed it but I know what you mean. Cornwall is really such a lovely place.

I like those pics Goafer, they remind me of those really cheap puzzles you used to get as a kid. Nostalgia, innit.

... potrait I have is of me unfortunately...

Don't say like that. It's great to see you smiling:) And also to see people being creative here.

I saw some really awesome selective Black and White photos at the show on Sunday, so I thought I'd have a go.

I don't think they work very well. It seems completely unnecesarry and just fragments the image completely.

The ones at the show were seperate canvas prints on a black background.

That probably would have worked better than just on a screen here, to be fair.

I didn't take this, but I love:

26872_1204564086822_1610220113_531933_2268961_n.jpg

Feels stunning that it's a 5 minute walk away from where I'm sat, because I'm so eager to just go and lie and immerse.

I imagine just off to the left is where Milais' Ophelia is set. Among the reeds/rushes.

I imagine just off to the left is where Milais' Ophelia is set. Among the reeds/rushes.

Yeah. During the winter, the setting to Bon Iver's Creature Fear.

Do you ever do photos of people (in your own time), Goafer?

Not really. I don't like photos where the subject knows they're being photographed as it always seems really false/staged (I know that's the point of artistic or glamour style photos, I just don't really like those). I like photos of random people doing things, but I feel like a stalker taking them.

I've taken a few that I liked, but not many:

Photographer_by_goafertography.jpg

Pier_by_goafertography.jpg

work.4695157.1.flat,800x800,070,f.jpg

work.4815547.1.flat,800x800,070,f.jpg

UltraSwayze_by_goafertography.jpg

(more of a Photoshop excercise than a good photo, but I like it anyway)

I just found the quote from One Hour Photo that I quite liked:

Family photos depict smiling faces... births, weddings, holidays, children's birthday parties. People take pictures of the happy moments in their lives. Someone looking through our photo album would conclude that we had led a joyous, leisurely existence free of tragedy. No one ever takes a photograph of something they want to forget.
Edited by Goafer

Stalker.

:heh:

I felt really odd taking the picture of the woman thinking. There was nothing else in her direction that I could have been taking a photo of. At least with the others, it looked like I could have been taking a picture of something in the background (in most cases, the background was equally as interesting). With the thinking woman, it was just white walls with her being the only interesting thing.

I've still no idea what she was thinking. She wasn't looking at anything. It intrigued me.

Yeah, it's really weird seeing someone you want to photo but you don't know how they'd react.

I guess you've just got to do it and in the worse case leg it. :hehe:

I felt like a weird stalker when I took this:

n536116492_2449894_6032071.jpg

But I think she agreed. I dunno, language barrier.

Nice to stalk people.

You can stalk me anytime.

You say that like you've got a choice.

You can stalk me anytime.

I touch your face while you are sleeping.

Not really. I don't like photos where the subject knows they're being photographed as it always seems really false/staged (I know that's the point of artistic or glamour style photos, I just don't really like those). I like photos of random people doing things, but I feel like a stalker taking them.

I was just interested. I do think family albums are a bit "...". I'd rather the photos of the events be candid, and someone to take photos in the wake of devastatingf news, just for the sake.

Basically that quote you posted.

That said I (obviously) like a lot of art and fashion photography. But then there's stuff that crosses the barriers, like Diane Arbus.

I really like art and glamour because everything is deliberate, almost constructed - hair, make-up, lighting, pose, contrast, shadows etc. The photographer thinks of what they want to convey and then creates it, so to me that is more of artform than the more photojournalistic pictures (no offence intended whatsoever).

[ATTACH]3319[/ATTACH]

Just for fun. After looking at this picture i wondered what 1 word other forum members could come up with to either sum up this photo ( cr@p is not allowed lol ) It could be a name for the photo, how it makes them feel or what they think it means. Try not looking at other ppl's posts before you post your own so as not to be influenced.

As i obviously i took the photo, i have my own interpretation of it but that is influenced by knowing the story behind the photo. I just thought it would be interesting to see an outsiders interpretation of what is going on or see how different people interpret 1 image.

Hope all that made sense, oh & you can criticize the photo all you like once you have named it lol.