NEurope
Nintendork

Photography.

I think this wins the "most desperate attempt at including Tori Amos in a thread" award :heh:

Looks like that. :laughing: Though to be fair it was a completely honest post.

I think the prison was part of the castle at some point. Part of the castle we had a tour of was definately used as a prison up untill 1996.

Yeah I had a feeling they were one and the same. There's that small really steep little hill there aswell.

Yeah I had a feeling they were one and the same. There's that small really steep little hill there aswell.

If it's the one that is fenced off (but you can pay to go in), that's where the tree silhouette picture was taken. It's a tree on that hill.

Went to a Scirocco Register meet up today at a totally ace retro american diner. It's an actual diner imported from the states (they're movable).

The drive home:

Journey.jpg

Edited by Goafer

P2211741.jpg

The drive home:

Journey.jpg

Where is this amazing diner?!

Also I see you too have tried your hand at the 'still car/outside motion blur'... how did you attempt yours?... Is your camera mounted in the back?

@ Goafer: The Ashmolean stuns.

----

On the subject of photography, I need to buy a camera. I have moneyz (up to £400 realistically), but I'm so naive as to the ways of photography, and don't know what's what.

Can anyone help me purchase a camera that takes stunning pictures?

----

On the subject of photography, I need to buy a camera. I have moneyz (up to £400 realistically), but I'm so naive as to the ways of photography, and don't know what's what.

kodak_camera.jpg

Where is this amazing diner?!

Also I see you too have tried your hand at the 'still car/outside motion blur'... how did you attempt yours?... Is your camera mounted in the back?

The 50's American Diner.

For the car picture, I just put my camera on a tripod and wedged it between the roof and rear seat. I wouldn't attempt it without a cable/remote shutter release though (they're only about £17 IIRC), reaching for the camera would be pretty shifty!

----

The E520 is the model released after mine (I have the e510). I've never really wanted anything more from mine, so I assume this ones a safe bet too. Just look through my RedBubble account in my sig for examples of what can be taken on one.

Single lens kit (£345)

Two lens kit (£411]

The best way to look for a camera IMO is to find some really good pictures and find out what they were taken with.

Edited by Goafer
Automerged Doublepost

My favourite photos from that wedding I did. First one because of the groom's pose, second...well needs no explanation.

2na35ma.jpg

2ij5h7d.jpg

The best way to look for a camera IMO is to find some really good pictures and find out what they were taken with.

My view as well.

For example Chair, did you see some randomers photos Dickie was tagged in on Facebook? I want THAT camera. Same story as Joanna's.

Took some new pictures of my shiny new tripod. Unfortunately, the only other camera I have is my phone, so the quality is questionable.

Tripod.jpg

Invertedmotherfucker.jpg

Stolen from the fuckyeahmilitarywithpuppies tumblr.

tumblr_kynvkq2UxO1qzjsyfo1_500.jpgtumblr_ky5vxp11MF1qzwg4bo1_500.jpg

tumblr_kwrk3pR41b1qaglaxo1_500.jpgtumblr_kw967sRJBZ1qaglaxo1_500.jpg

tumblr_kwav9mbmRx1qaglaxo1_400.jpgtumblr_kw96l8hDTQ1qaglaxo1_400.jpg

tumblr_kw8qs8RB9R1qzcr5mo1_500.jpgtumblr_kw8r2xFE5V1qzcr5mo1_500.jpg

tumblr_kw5i6yq9531qzcr5mo1_500.jpgtumblr_kw56x4Zq2l1qaglaxo1_400.jpg

Edited by Ashley

The 50's American Diner. It's worth mentioning that the area around the diner is pretty shit. It's like they've dumped it in the middle of a ropey industrial estate/scrap yard. It really lets it down, which is a shame since it's absolutely awesome.

They literally did dump it in the middle of a former work yard and the particular area it is in is not the greatest however my parents live around 5 minuets from that diner in a much better area and my best friend used to work there, before she got fired. Small world.

Quite lovely. I can imagine them being paintings. Or rather, I imagine paintings that look like that.

Love the picture of the diner even in that location. I took pictures of one in New York a few years ago but i can't find them anywhere.

You're right they are identical & they just transport them to a location, we had just eaten when we saw it but still had to go in when we saw it.

Some great pic's on this thread, will have to dig some of mine out sometime.

[pictures]

I love these, mans best friend! :grin:

tumblr_kynvkq2UxO1qzjsyfo1_500.jpg

Reminds me of Apocalypse Now.. Hopefully they haven't just killed the puppy's family.

Here's a pic from the Cameron Highlands in Malaysia:

camhighlands.jpg

We walked down this path thinking that we would find an orchid farm, although we only found these 2 cute little dogs. That thing in his mouth is my map.:p

Edited by Pyxis