NEurope
Retro_Link

Elebits!

A good substitute until Pikmin comes to Wii.

Nah pikmin is a tactical game. This is just hide and seek

Nah pikmin is a tactical game. This is just hide and seek

Will this game translate into hide and seek in reality with game shops whereby this game sells so poorly or so greately that it literally becomes a real game of hide and seek just to find a copy of this game available for purchase? ONLY TIME WILL TELL.

hmmm PS3 gets MSG4 and we get this. Well, it looks OK. But it won;t be top of my shopping list.
Elebits is for Wii's launch... MGS4 is not for PS3 launch, perhaps not even for christmas 2007.

Yeah, but MGS4 is a AAA title that'll sell systems. That's what we need on the Wii. This game isn't gonna create any buzz. Thank heavens for Zelda.

I hope Snake dies in MGS4 so this seriously overrated series can end once and for all at least the official series. I've played all the games on PS1 and PS2 and they're good but not spectacular as they're made out to be. I am still yet to play The Twin Snakes on GC but was thinking of getting it for its first person elements seeing that GC lacked in good 1st person shooters. Was Die Hard Vendetta [the 1st person shooter] a Gamecube Exclusive?

Yeah, but MGS4 is a AAA title that'll sell systems. That's what we need on the Wii. This game isn't gonna create any buzz. Thank heavens for Zelda.

GTA would fit the bill perfectly. All this talk from Nintendo fans about not needing GTA, in reality most of them would absolutely relish the opportunity to buy the GTA game if it came out on Wii and would sell heaps, I know i'd buy it and thats a phenominal feat in itself seeing that its EXTREMELY RARE for me to buy multiplatform games, of course though, it'd be subject to reviews.

Die Hard Vendetta was a exclusive for a time, then it went multi-platform. It was however, less than brilliant. I had it for a short while before trading it.

I loved MGS:TTS, it was probably one fo my favourite games on the Gamecube. I do like MGS games, and I do think they sell systems.

I think GTA would always help sell Wii, but I don't think we'll see it. Personally, I've never played a GTA game, they've never interested me. But I would love to see GTA on Wii as it has many many fans.

I wasn't comparing Elebits to MGS4, I was just making the comparison between the support Wii is recieving and th support other platforms get. Imagine what we could have had, how about a 3-D Castlevania with the Wii mote acting as the handle for the whip? Instead we get this.

Ha, Zechs, I had Die Hard Vendetta too and traded it in very quickly as well. I wanted to like that game, but i just couldn't.

As for MGS:TTS, it was an enjoyable game. But somehow it felt kinda shallow. Maybe too much cinema, not enough on gameplay elements?

Anyway, on topic. The support from Konami is still on the flimsy side. I bet they've got more titles in the work. Gimme a huge 2D Castlevania and Im a happy guy! Hopefully they'll announce more titles soon.

Till then, Elebits will need to hold our attention. Which I think will be a very fun little game.

Anyway, on topic. The support from Konami is still on the flimsy side. I bet they've got more titles in the work. Gimme a huge 2D Castlevania and Im a happy guy! Hopefully they'll announce more titles soon.

Castlevania would be great on Wii, simulated whip cracks and use of other weapons with intuitive Wiimote functionality, even if its 2D all the way. It would be particularly satisfying stabbing Dracula right in the heart with a wooden stake with a forward thrust.

I also wanna see the resurrection of Bionic Commando [Capcom] on Wii in 3D this could be awesome if implemented properly.

I can understand people's gripes about MGS:TTS, especially the fact that it focused so heavily on cinematics, but I loved it.

I would like Konami to have another crack (no pun intended) at a 3D Castlevania, I can just imagine the feeling of swinging the whip to graple onto beams or to take down enemies. If they could make it as good looking and atmospheric as Capcom did RE4, then i'd love it.

The multiplayer on that is gonna be crazy!

I wonder how much depth this game is gonna have. It all looks very fun but im wondering how long that will last. Also all the screens have come from one level so I still wanna know if this goes lots of different places. I wanna hunt for Elebits in the wood!

Also all the screens have come from one level

I don't think they have to be honest, I think it's just that the entire game takes place inside similar looking houses, just different rooms with different places for them to hide.

Elebits was originally touted as a Wii launch game over in the US, but it will miss the November 19 launch date, reports IGN.

The game, which has players using the Wii Remote like a wand to search through domestic environments for energy-giving creatures, is now expected to be released on either December 12 or 18, apparently depending on a pending Nintendo approval process.

We're not due to see the game here in UK until after Christmas anyway, with a European release currently set as Q1 2007, which is a tad vague.

Konami has told CVG that, despite the US delay, the UK release seems to be on schedule, and it's expected to arrive here around March 2007.

Later than expected but at least we have a date, and i don't mind waiting at all.

As i said on the main-site, this could be a blessing in disguise. There are too many high profile launch titles that would have overshadowed this title. How can this game compete against Zelda and Red Steel, both of which have been hyped up as system sellers?

Just watched the trailers and I'm summing it up as Flubber (the movie) spliced with Pikmin meets Batteries not included (the movie) with a sprinkling of J-poppiness.

Not my sort of thing. Kids'll like it though

Elebits is for Wii's launch... MGS4 is not for PS3 launch, perhaps not even for christmas 2007.

what i thought msg was for launch.Then what the hell DOES ps3 have at launch?

wow. The graphics have come a long way since the first time we saw it!

Definatly picking this up! MULTIPLAYER MAYHEM!

what i thought msg was for launch.Then what the hell DOES ps3 have at launch?

Motorstorm with online play, recieved an EDGE cover and Resistance..