NEurope
Retro_Link

Elebits!

http://www.cubed3.com/news/4983

According to the latest information from Japanese publication Famitsu magazine, Konami Digital Entertainment is set to bring a new game to the Nintendo Revolution. Currently entitled 'Elebits', no further details are currently known, other than it should be shown at E3.

Great to see Konami supporting the Rev!!

Anyone have ANY idea on what the game may be?

If I was guessing I'd say it sounded like a puzzle game from the name?!

Is Kojima working freelance? or is Konami still involved in his Revolution project?

I understand he was or will be working with grasshopper or something?

I imagine he is ready to let the MGS team fly solo and finish them game and he can spend his time on this project. So the timing seems logical.

I guess my eyes will be on the Konami stage for the first time ever this E3.

Elebits... No clue what kind of game that'd be.

I bet it won't be an M-rate game though :smile:

Google: Results 1 - 8 of about 13 for elebits. (0.08 seconds)

No definition, top link goes to Elephant research.. the rest is all random crap and names.

Same applies to the singular.

Japan's Weekly Famitsu was promising a big Revolution scoop this week, and this appears to be it. The magazine is home to first details on Konami's first Revolution game, the all original Elebits. Shingo Mukaitouge, known for his work on the Guitar Freaks and Drum Mania series, is serving as producer.

The magazine was able to reveal only a few specifics on the new title. In Elebits, players move around a game world, attempting to find and collect Elebit creatures. Elebits are small and cute like Pikmin, but they actually serve as the energy source that makes the game's world move. The "Ele" in the name appears to stand for Electricity, with the "Bits" reflecting that the characters are tiny.

As you find Elebits, the game world will slowly evolve. The game will offer a feel of "hunting," suggesting that perhaps the Elebits won't just be sitting around waiting to get caught.

Specifics, including genre and gameplay systems, will have to wait until a future update, although Mukaitouge was able to add a few more details in an interview with the magazine.

The Elebits game design stems from three concepts, Mukaitouge revealed: letting the player feel like they're actually touching the inside of the screen; finding stuff by moving things; and Konami's creation of a new character, the Elebits themselves.

The first two areas are of particular interest due to their dependence on the Revolution's controller. Konami wanted to be sure and create something that could not be replicated on an existing controller. While not going into specifics on how exactly players will use the controller, Mukaitouge suggested the image of real time movements of on-screen objects based on movements of the controller.

With the cute Elebit characters, Elebits may seem like it targets casual users. The game will include some stages that can be played in under 10 minutes, but core gamers will also find lots of secret content. Network functionality is also being considered, although this is an area that will get Konami's attention only once the single player experience has been fully developed.

http://revolution.ign.com/articles/703/703321p1.html

Actually, that sounds really good. I hope they work it out well.

Sounds GREAT!!

Another exclusive game (seeing as the game relies so much on the controller)!! Though the franchise may go multi platform sometime.

What is good is that it is designed in a way which wouldnt work with existing controllers! This is a good sign, i see a lot of exclusive games coming revolutions way.....

Intriguing to the maximum degree of intriguement.

Seriously even if it's a Pikmin rip, it sounds rad.

I'm putting Elebits at number 2 in my hype list after Smash Bros and ahead of Red Steel.

It sound's pretty mysterious and exciting.Really hope this is gonna be a good game.

Castlevania Revolution?

Battle dracula and his deploytation of enemies across the land with the FHC.

Hmmm... PS3 gets MGS4... Rev gets Elebits, why am I not surprised? I suppose Kojima's PS3 projects are sucking all the company's life force into them and leaving little for any other system. Frankly, this better be good... no, not just good, it better be great. The gameplay better be great, and visuals better not be some PS2 game's leftover.

Hmmm... PS3 gets MGS4... Rev gets Elebits, why am I not surprised? I suppose Kojima's PS3 projects are sucking all the company's life force into them and leaving little for any other system. Frankly, this better be good... no, not just good, it better be great. The gameplay better be great, and visuals better not be some PS2 game's leftover.

... but what did the 360 get?

elebits sounds cool... but i keep thinking of tokobot in my head... with fuzzy little electricity creatures and not robots.

sounds pretty interesting.. and I don't know why.. but came to think of the pretty big hype about zoonami and their game.. and then they announced funkydilla.. ha ha ha ha

It's a shame for them Nintendo is very likely to be showcasing Pikmin 3 at the E3.

That artwork looks quite nice. Might be quite fun, especially if it has lots of atmospheric scenes like around the fire.

I think it is great that Wii is getting a lot of variation in what will be available. If this is a launch title then it can only help improve the overall appeal. While some people may think of this as rather kiddy, I think it goes along with the "family friendly" kind of thing that attracts females and parents and all sorts of other people. Besides, if the kid has Wii and PS3 both on his Christmas list and the mom sees the games available for both systems (as well as the prices) I'm sure many parents would rather purchase Wii for their kids. That can't be a bad thing.