NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Psycho_11

The Next Threat

Now that Nintendo have released the controller I think you will all agree that they will now have to deal with the great forces of Microsoft and Sony. What will stop them copying the controller in their own way (*hint*rumble*hint*)?

You know i have on many occasions dreamed of hordes of nintendo fans (including me) rampaging to sony headquarters and beating the hell out of them. ok that went a little too far.

The biggest threat to Nintendo right now is their own strategy. The way they act from now on is fundamental to captivate other companies. I don't think this will be copied instantly. Movement is, for me, the logical step for gaming along with touch, so eventually all consoles will be like this in one way or another.

I think with patents and that uniqueness it's not possible to exactly copy the Nintendo controller (they must have learned from the past) and I think it's hard to make a similar thing that is not so similar that it isn't copying (and can someone tell me how Sony could also implement sticks without having patent issues).

*Loads shotgun and grabs katana* CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGGGGGEEEEEEEE!!!

*Whacks Master Chief in the face and pushed Solid Snake down a very big hill.*

:heh:

Shouldn't be hard to get Snake outta the way, it looks like he's hetting on a bit now... :lmao:

What made me even more concerned, is that sony at the same time sayed the controlle is not the final desgin.....i wonder why...? :no:

Microsoft are too far in to change their controller, it would be impossible to change all of their games to coincide with a new controller. But Sony... ATTACK!!!!!!!

What made me even more concerned, is that sony at the same time sayed the controlle is not the final desgin.....i wonder why...? :no:

Because it looked like total ass at E3? :no:

The reason they said it wasnt final was because they were waiting to see what Nintendo was up to. If Nintendo showed nothing the Revo would be still born and Sony would carry on with the contoller that "isnt a Dual Shock clone" (My arse they just changed the shape). Since Nintendo did show they will try to incorporate it into their design. But:

1: They wont be able to perfect the clone between now and release,

2: They cant delay anymore cuz M$ would sell too much in allotted time

3: This isnt the final Revo design, dont be surprised if something is added

The reason they said it wasnt final was because they were waiting to see what Nintendo was up to.

You seem very sure about that. Couldnt it just be because there was a massive backlash in the form of people slagging off the controller when it was unveiled?

*Whacks Master Chief in the face and pushed Solid Snake down a very big hill.*

Lets not forget that Snake was on the GC, NES and GB as well. And is cool as hell ;)

________

Medical marijuana

Edited by Johelian

Sign in to follow this