NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ashley

Computer Wont Shut Down

Mom's friend has a problem, her computer wont shut down. They told me last week when it was mearly "takes about 10 minutes to shut down" and apparently now it wont.

Any suggestions (ASAP as they've just asked me to go round)

the exact opposite to the problem i had...

she could always just turn if off the wrong way..

Thats always a hard one - as its probably got a program that it can't terminate. It could be Spyware, so all I can suggest is you scan for that. Either that or ctrl+alt+delete and manually try and terminate each one before you shut down the computer, see if one is failing and try and remove it.

Windows XP. Its a new dealy, they got it on the 29th August.

They should call tech support ^^;

if it's from 29th august it should be still in it's garuntee (did I wrote that correct?), and mostly that is fre, atleast it was by my brother... but be carefull with that... and do things that were already stated above.

Windows XP. Its a new dealy, they got it on the 29th August.

Some people are just born to mess their systems up. I've seen similar things happen with new PCs.

Well I went round last night and sorted out the shut down thing via msconfig. Nother problem regarding Microsoft Works and Outlook Express that I gotta go round for.

Anyone else get this, family friends asking you to fix their PC cause you have some knowledge? Bleedin infuriating when I don't want to.

Anyone else get this, family friends asking you to fix their PC cause you have some knowledge? Bleedin infuriating when I don't want to.

I do, but I kinda enjoy it if I'm in the mood. It annoyed me the other day when my neighbour asked me to install a printer for him, and it was just a case of reading a small sheet of paper with all the instructons on; plug it in, stick the cd in and let it autorun. He hadn't even tried.

I fix computers for anyone and I sometimes enjoy it, but I do like to be the one in the know so I keep myself in the motherfucking know.

Sign in to follow this