NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
ShadowV7

Revolution Memory Chip's Ordered.

Revolution Memory Chips Ordered

According to GameFront, NEC has recently received new memory chip orders for Nintendo's next console, code-named Nintendo Revolution.

Toshio Nakajima, the president of NEC, told data analysis Web site Bloomberg that the chips should be received at the beginning of autumn. The scheduling appears to still be in line with the Revolution's planned release before the holiday season in 2006.

NEC provided Nintendo with MoSys' embedded 1T-SRAM over six years ago for the Nintendo GameCube, formerly referred to as Project Dolphin. MoSys announced their involvement with the next-generation console in April of 2005

There has been no official from NEC or Nintendo as to the capacity of the chips ordered, or the total amount of 1T-SRAM in the final product.

This role's out the so called 'June' release in Japan.So the release is now between Mid Autumn and November now.

Apparently even 3mb is a lot of the 1T-SRAM, Ars technica said that is sufficient because it has such a ridiculously good load speed.

I know bugger all about this techy bolox.

November is looking more likley now then. Anyone know when GC's mem chips were ordered?

21st, good point. We heard in early January that Revolution had gone 'gold' and that they were starting production.

Manafacture of consoles can be totally modular, if there were more piece of kit ordered though I imagine we would have heard about them.

Like when Apple randomly ordered billions of dollars worth of ram for the iPod nano.

Thanks for reminding me about revolution going 'gold' nintendork, but i believe its the the shells that have been produced. But if im wrong, quality, earlier launch.

Gamefront reported further that it will be ready to launch around Christmas.

Actually I still have hopes that Nintendo say something at E³ like: and best of all we will launch worldwide in two month.

Although I highly doubt that will happen...

Apple's ram order is irrelevant because the iPod nano is far simpler.

They didn't really order it.. they bought a third of Samsung who make the memory and got a pretty good deal.

I think it was about 2 months before we heard about the order.

mabe this shipment is for the fall units and another manufactuar is handleing the first shipment.

(Just so you know I actually don't think a summer realease is going o happen.

Revolution Memory Chips Ordered

According to GameFront, NEC has recently received new memory chip orders for Nintendo's next console, code-named Nintendo Revolution.

I suppose it does say "new memory chip order", this could mean that many have been produced already and ninty is just ordering more to ramp up production after launch so theirs no dry period, but probably not:)

There has just been too many indications that the Rev is going to launch in November here for me to think any different.

Yeah that 'new' bit is interesting but if they are on about more memery chips being ordered, wouldn't we have heard of the first batch being ordered seens as though we heard about this one?

The 'new' goes for and against that there has been a previous order.They could have everything else ready and just waiting for the chip's.But remember this hasn't been confirmed by Nintendo or NEC yet.

it all depends how you read it, my first impression as I said above that this is a 'new' order meaning their was an old 1, but read it another way and it could be that they have received orders for the "new" chips?! E3 will reveal most if not all.

They didn't really order it.. they bought a third of Samsung who make the memory and got a pretty good deal.

I trust you meant they bought a 3rd of Samsung memory manufacturing capacity!

Apple's ram order is irrelevant because the iPod nano is far simpler.

I think it was about 2 months before we heard about the order.

i was just curious, i know the nano is far simpler :indeed: and it isn't really that irrelevant as the nano ram order shows people [who have no idea of production times] the time it takes for a simple product to be completed etc.

Anyone knows how fast accestime is for 1ts-ram? In gamecube it was 10 ns, but I think they made it better and faster over the years... if it´s about 5 ns you can say we will have a really big cache...

Autumn is September/October/November and beginning of December isn't it?

My thoughts are Zelda: TTP will be released September, after that they concentrate on Revolution.

I really do hope Europe see it first with a October release, then USA with a end-of November release then Japan somewhere in between or December.

It's quite worrying finding out the release date, i can see it now, it comes up on a screen and Europe are last again with a near 2007 release....:cry:

Good news, good news. The 360 only came into production at the end of September and that system is way more complex. A november launch should be easy, given that NEC is not the only one producing.

Autmn in the southern hemisphere is Jan to march so autumn doesn't really say much.

Which major market is on the southern hemisphere?

Hints at production now are very good. This could mean Summer release in Japan.

What I am curious about is why NEC gets a order for "memory chips". I thought NEC only makes the LSI like they did with the Gamecube. Samsung and MoSys will supply memory chips. Too bad that those press releases always give so little information.

Concerning technical difficulty, yield rate, etc. the Revolution should not have a problem being around in sufficient quantities around September.

Sign in to follow this