NEurope
Retro_Link

Tony Hawks Downhill Jam: Rev EXCLUSIVE!!

There only are 2 versions of Downhill Jam, DS and Wii and the DS CANNOT do texture filtering, these are Wii screens....Wii EXCLUSIVE screens, no port from current gen.

I'm starting to get it now, when developers make exclusive Wii versions of their franchises, it'll be with cheap small development teams who can only work at low level. This looks like an n64 game, which is hilarious, but hopefully it'll improve. Those screens are actually a bit higher than the game resolution so they might not be quite representative. At least the draw distance is decent though.

..Tony Hawks has never been renowned for its amazing graphics though.. has it? ..and I know many gamecube games have looked better than that but its only screenshots of one unfinished game so I'm not gonna worry or cry about the graphics :P ..it might be really fun to play, so who cares if it looks like dog food.. after its been through a dog..

I find that offensive Mr. Predjudist-face...

Then aaaagain, you are Nintendork and everyone in the forums get mad at you for your craziness, so I'll just stay quiet and accept your mean little comment.

I like Americans! :)

Did i hear someone say screenshots? Has anyone got any screenshots of this game?

It should be released 2006 this means they still have a few moments but if Nintendo shows footage like this tomorrow it won't win them any points. Inferior graphics are okay for me but not on this level. You can't show something and think people won't notice/complain. Look what happend when RARE showed the first screenshots of PDZ - all hell break loose for a reason. Those screenshots are exactly what MS + Sony (fanboys) need.

I doubt that if Activision shows both games tomorrow (Wii + 360/PS3) people will overlook that one game looks a lot worse than the others.

I honestly think the reason this game looks so horrificly bad is just that they have a small team working on it while their main Tony Hawk team focuses on the 360 and PS3 titles. This looks worse than the very first Tony Hawk games on PS2, which means that obviousy the shitness has nothing to do with the system's power.

Well like i keep saying, i don't mind what graphical power is used, it just has to look good.

This doesn't. This looks rushed. I'm very dissapointed. :(

I didnt realise that the Wii was going to be less powerful than the Gamecube....... Im actually a bit disgusted. I need to see Mario....

Whoops I made a mistake earlier, this is infact being developed by Toys For Bob, rather than Neversoft.

TFB are responcible for such classics as Disneys Xtreme Skate Adventure and also for having one of the worst and unfunctional websites in the world.

Okay everybody calm down - Activsion was kind enough to let a awesome developer team handle the Wii version:

http://www.toysforbob.com

Look what they have done so far and then you will understand that those screenshots actually look good compared on the stuff they did before. So far very good developer support from Activision. I hope Nintendo refuses the seal of quality for that game and instead seal it away.

I hope the other developers also let inexperienced developer handle their games. I can't wait for Call of Duty 3 developed by ToysForGeorge...

Even lousy, sloppy ports now look and sound better than this.

/irony energy depleted

/irony energy depleted

If you had actually played PC-games in early 90's, you would know that Toys for Bob is very respected development house. Unfortunately quality of games dropped pretty fast after Star Control II. :(

I didnt realise that the Wii was going to be less powerful than the Gamecube....... Im actually a bit disgusted. I need to see Mario....

MORE POWER DOES NOT AUTOMATICALLY EQUAL BETTER VISUALS.

For fucks sake there's so many ignorant people here, yes this game looks like shit, but that's because it's being made by a small developer with a low budget obviously. In a case like that, a game cant possibly look "next gen" because making a next gen game is FAR from easy and requires a shitload of work and manpower.

This isn't representative of Wii's power, but it is representative of the approach some developers are going to take to developing for Wii, getting smaller teams to make exclusive titles for it while their main teams (the only ones capable of making games that look "next gen") focus on the other systems. Hence why games that are actually made by more experienced development teams, like one of Ubisoft's better studios working on Red Steel, actually look pretty good.

MORE POWER DOES NOT AUTOMATICALLY EQUAL BETTER VISUALS.

For fucks sake there's so many ignorant people here, yes this game looks like shit, but that's because it's being made by a small developer with a low budget obviously. In a case like that, a game cant possibly look "next gen" because making a next gen game is FAR from easy and requires a shitload of work and manpower.

This isn't representative of Wii's power, but it is representative of the approach some developers are going to take to developing for Wii, getting smaller teams to make exclusive titles for it while their main teams focus on the other systems.

Activison is not that small - it shows how much effort/faith they are willing to put into the Wii. This is a sign that they are not commited to Wii. True more power does not mean better graphics every time but it surely does not mean worse graphics hehe!

If you had actually played PC-games in early 90's, you would know that Toys for Bob is very respected development house. Unfortunately quality of games dropped pretty fast after Star Control II. :(

...now children can make better games with 3D Game Studio than them. Also in the early 90s graphics did not really matter at all but what they are delievering here is beyond the quality of a fanmade game made by a single person. This game looks like as if Activision said you have a week, 2 pizzas and a N64 now make a "WOW" game.

Activison is not that small - it shows how much effort/faith they are willing to put into the Wii. This is a sign that they are not commited to Wii. True more power does not mean better graphics every time but it surely does not mean worse graphics hehe!.

Ummm..."Activision" aren't making this game, that's not how game development works. Most game developers are made up of lots of smaller development teams and actually quite often farm out their games to smaller developers, which is happening in this case. This game is being made by "Toys for Bob", the other Tony Hawk games are made by "Neversoft" although most of the handheld games were made by Viscarious Visions or something.

chill out people... it's not that bad...

downhilljam018eb.jpg

downhilljam028ir.jpg

downhilljam031fv.jpg

downhilljam042ue.jpg

downhilljam055hf.jpg

downhilljam061rs.jpg

downhilljam071hj.jpg

downhilljam087gh.jpg

downhilljam093oo.jpg

downhilljam108fe.jpg

downhilljam112en.jpg

notice that the resolution on the big pics is the right one, standard definition with 640 pixels width... also there's a big diference in consistence on the pics, the ones with people holding a controller look mostly better... there's some colision issues but it's not like the game will come out tomorow... also Sonic for PS3 and X360 that Sega shown also had colision issues of this magnitude and I saw no one complaining. some textures are downright ugly but let's give these guys a chance... look at the threes in the third image (the first big one, without people playing on the side)... right. they don't look bad and it's a game supposed to be quick where you shouldn't have time to notice those details.

Chill people chill. It' clear that they're being lazy, it's obvious that they can have better graphics those textures are worse than GC, now you may be more pessimistic than DCK even, but I doubt wii is actually worse than GC. And dimetrix shame on you for saying it looks PSP.

Chill people chill. It' clear that they're being lazy, it's obvious that they can have better graphics those textures are worse than GC, now you may be more pessimistic than DCK even, but I doubt wii is actually worse than GC. And dimetrix shame on you for saying it looks PSP.

Thats cause it does look PSP. Its gonna look like SHIT next to MP3 thats for sure. Damm that game will own. HARD.

AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

Literally what a piece of crap.

b_3.jpg

(PS1 graphics)

Definitely not buying it now, they're a joke. Such the copy of SSX bar, it has the exact same navigation bar, and even a boost bar in the same style as SSX. It's basically SSX on skateboards.

screen01.jpg

..um.. looking closer at the pictures.. why do the controllers seem to have black buttons..?

Thats cause it does look PSP. Its gonna look like SHIT next to MP3 thats for sure. Damm that game will own. HARD.

You must be blind or something, I'm not even going to bother showing you comparison pics.

You must be blind or something, I'm not even going to bother showing you comparison pics.

Don't try defending that shit. Im a hardcore fanboy and even i will admit it looks TERRIBLE. Next Gen more like LAST GEN.

Hahaha I love how everyone was defending this shit when I wasted into it before the screens came.

Now everyone is like "yeah that's pretty shit"

There are moments in Tony Hawks 2 (PSone) which genuinely looked better than this, I shit you not.. they were few and far between but it looked better.

With regard to Toys for Bob I think this could be a great step back in the door for them and developping games.. with this in their portfolio and experience with the Wii controller they could probably get on board with some more indie teams and I hope they don't waste the next 5 years developping another Tony Hawks downhill Jam game.