NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Stocka

Who do/have you must regularly use(d) in SSBM?

When I was a n00b, I used Link, but once I learnt to wavedash and tech (and don't forget wavelanding, which took me so long to learn :red: ) I started to use marth and Samus. Samus' bomb jump means she can recover from practically anywhere on a level, whilst if you can L-cancel marths air moves, he's practically a God, afterall, his Nair is like the coolest move in the game :grin: . Back in my noob days when I used items, I also played as Roy, but as time passed I realised that he was just a weaker and slower (and he falls faster) version of Marth.

In conclusion, I :love: Marth and Samus : peace:

I think we all know that Roy is the best :)

Everyone knows Roy is the best, even that frankly homosexual pixie, ya know, the one in the green (cmon, the hat looks preposterous) Im pretty much unbeatable with him, and the possibility that he won't be in Brawl, or that his moves will have changes is kinda frightening, but hey, we all have to play the hand the big guy dealt us, so come the dawn of online smash bros, I will be looking forward to kicking all your worthless butts thoroughly using either Roy or Link (or perhaps even some of the new characters...Pit doesn't look half bad)

Aanywho...Roy's our boy!!

For me, Samus is the best. She doesn't get knocked out easily at all, has strong smash moves and a powerful power beam when fully charged.

My only gripe with her is that she is pretty poor aerially. Other than that, she is ma bitch!!!!:awesome:

You could not be more wrong.

So go on, tell us who's better and why, I need some practice anyway, so maybe you can suggest a new character?

WHITE Marth.

I'm looking forward to playing yous on Brawl as i was Litterally (sp) unbeatable on the cube verison.

I tend to use Fox a lot, very quick and he is an awesome character to use. Other times, i use Adult Link when i battle mates, i win most of the time if i use these two characters.

So go on, tell us who's better and why, I need some practice anyway, so maybe you can suggest a new character?

well, marth is better, simply because of agility and range. i used to use roy a lot, but since then i have 'expanded my horizons' and found a lot of better characters. roy falls too fast, making mid air combat VERY bad for him, and recovering is also difficult because of this. roy may have a lot of power in his blade, but if he cant hit the opponent, there is no point. (also known as the ganondorf syndrome).

went in a nintendo comp last year (where i met Q&A Nick) and in smash bros melee, pretty much everyone went Roy, which was interesting for the 1.5x damage. the amount of times people TRIED to use the counter attack and failed (or fell into it stupidly) was insane!

i went Roy in my first battle and beat everyone (about 14 kills, next highest was 4 kills), this was against 2 other Roys who kept trying to counter me (and failed every time) and a kirby who ran around like an idiot.

The next match (didnt matter whether i won or lost) i went jigglypuff for the hell of it. was a lot of fun, still came out on top (not as far though)...

ahhh memories...

anyway, might stop thinking of days gone by and get back to the subject.

clearly better than Roy:

marth

fox

falco

anyway. in regards to the topic name, i use pretty much all of the characters regularly, because the game gets boring if you always go the same character over and over and over and... over again. yes, i even play and win with pichu and jigglypuff.

i can tell you some of my ratings though (this is just how i feel about the characters when im using them)

good (combat):

marth

fox

falco

jigglypuff (i got really good at the puff in the original...)

link

BAD!!! (combat):

bowser

dk

game and watch (just cant get the hang of him!)

kirby

characters to make a boring match:

sheik

kirby

mewtwo

characters for a fun match:

captain falcon

pichu (good at this character too!)

luigi (poser.... *grins* spend whole time trying to use poser power)

ice climbers (use one to hold, other to smash hit out of hands!)

Roy, the best character? Hah, yeah right, Roy is a newbie character becouse he is easy to play good with. Characters that take him down easily if you are decent with them?: Fox, Falco, Shiek, Jigglypuff, Link, Young Link.

Ask anyone who plays alot SSBM, ie, for real, in tournaments etc, they won't claim Roy is the best. Atleast not if they are any good players.

Roy, the best character? Hah, yeah right, Roy is a newbie character becouse he is easy to play good with. Characters that take him down easily if you are decent with them?: Fox, Falco, Shiek, Jigglypuff, Link, Young Link.

Ask anyone who plays alot SSBM, ie, for real, in tournaments etc, they won't claim Roy is the best. Atleast not if they are any good players.

100% behind you there, but there are a couple of really good Roy players, Neo being one of them. What really annoyed me was when we were playing at friends house and we decided to have a 16 way smash tourney, and 10 of them (all n00bs) chose Roy. It went down to a Marth (me) and Falco final and I won:bouncy: I was so proud

well, marth is better, simply because of agility and range. i used to use roy a lot, but since then i have 'expanded my horizons' and found a lot of better characters. roy falls too fast, making mid air combat VERY bad for him, and recovering is also difficult because of this. roy may have a lot of power in his blade, but if he cant hit the opponent, there is no point. (also known as the ganondorf syndrome).

went in a nintendo comp last year (where i met Q&A Nick) and in smash bros melee, pretty much everyone went Roy, which was interesting for the 1.5x damage. the amount of times people TRIED to use the counter attack and failed (or fell into it stupidly) was insane!

i went Roy in my first battle and beat everyone (about 14 kills, next highest was 4 kills), this was against 2 other Roys who kept trying to counter me (and failed every time) and a kirby who ran around like an idiot.

The next match (didnt matter whether i won or lost) i went jigglypuff for the hell of it. was a lot of fun, still came out on top (not as far though)...

ahhh memories...

anyway, might stop thinking of days gone by and get back to the subject.

clearly better than Roy:

marth

fox

falco

anyway. in regards to the topic name, i use pretty much all of the characters regularly, because the game gets boring if you always go the same character over and over and over and... over again. yes, i even play and win with pichu and jigglypuff.

i can tell you some of my ratings though (this is just how i feel about the characters when im using them)

good (combat):

marth

fox

falco

jigglypuff (i got really good at the puff in the original...)

link

BAD!!! (combat):

bowser

dk

game and watch (just cant get the hang of him!)

kirby

characters to make a boring match:

sheik

kirby

mewtwo

characters for a fun match:

captain falcon

pichu (good at this character too!)

luigi (poser.... *grins* spend whole time trying to use poser power)

ice climbers (use one to hold, other to smash hit out of hands!)

Thank you.

Since you like to play as roy (talking to the bard), i suggest you get good with marth and you will find that you will never have to use roy again.

Me I play as falco: a great mix of speed and power, great aerials and the SHL is teh ownage.

I enjoy this game but Ive not got as much multi out of it as the N64 one.

My favourite character has always been Pikachu, I think that Roy, Marth etc arent really that much use! Im not trying to start a fight like, Im just saying.

In my opinion Kirby's pretty good too, and I'd even go for the Princess for a laugh.

Flip, looking at those characters Ive mentioned, youre gonna think Im gay or something... Im thinking Im just not a hardcore Smashist like the rest of you!

Thank you.

Since you like to play as roy (talking to the bard), i suggest you get good with marth and you will find that you will never have to use roy again.

Me I play as falco: a great mix of speed and power, great aerials and the SHL is teh ownage.

Alright, I suppose it's worth a try, cheers dude : peace:

Alright, I suppose it's worth a try, cheers dude : peace:

Yay play as Marth he's great :bouncy: ! And to ever said they play as peach for abit of fun, shes one of the best characters in the game. Her turnips are great, she has great air moves, and she has that ****in down-smash which hurts...ALOT (if u didnt know it can do like 70% damage if your opponent is crouching when you do it).......:weep:

Her turnips are great,

Would you care to rephrase that? :laughing:

Also, tried Marth, he's hella quicker, but its gonna take a long time to get used to him, I used to beat lv.9 comps by about 14 points, and with Marth im barely drawing :hmm: , well, I suppose it pays to practice...

Would you care to rephrase that? :laughing:

Also, tried Marth, he's hella quicker, but its gonna take a long time to get used to him, I used to beat lv.9 comps by about 14 points, and with Marth im barely drawing :hmm: , well, I suppose it pays to practice...

Sorry, I'll make that clearer...Her breasts are great :P:grin:

I used to play as pikachu in the original but later switched to link and played as him ever since. Has anyone else got so good that your friends dont want to play you anymore.

The only friend I still have to play is ShadowV7.

Yeah, that happens a lot, turns out people play games to win, at school we have a PS2 which we play Tekken 5 on every lunch and free period, unfortunately, nobody want's to play me on versus...so we end up doing team battles with 4 people a side...but I still kick their asses...people get pretty bitter when they lose.::shrug:

Yeah, that happens a lot, turns out people play games to win, at school we have a PS2 which we play Tekken 5 on every lunch and free period, unfortunately, nobody want's to play me on versus...so we end up doing team battles with 4 people a side...but I still kick their asses...people get pretty bitter when they lose.::shrug:

My freinds were getting sick of me beating them on Soul Calibur 2 with Kilik. So the four of them made a team of eight against just my Kilik, I think you know who won :grin:

If you have people of similar skill to play against, multiplayer games become really enjoyable as you dont know who's gonna win. If its one sided then its not enjoyable for the person on the losing end and it becomes boring for the person who keeps winning. I'm lucky to have brothers and friends who play smash and are of similar ability as it keeps each game varied and exciting.

Although I start to think that goron3 is getting sick of me beating him all the time:D

If you have people of similar skill to play against, multiplayer games become really enjoyable as you dont know who's gonna win. If its one sided then its not enjoyable for the person on the losing end and it becomes boring for the person who keeps winning. I'm lucky to have brothers and friends who play smash and are of similar ability as it keeps each game varied and exciting.

Although I start to think that goron3 is getting sick of me beating him all the time:D

Check the Brawl discussion, I dont know which of you to believe :hehe:

lol well tbf its very close between us. i use falco and he uses marth so it is naturally a very fast intense fight. for our nxt tourny (with sum of our less skilled m8s :D) we will record our fights, so we might post them onto the forum.

lol well tbf its very close between us. i use falco and he uses marth so it is naturally a very fast intense fight. for our nxt tourny (with sum of our less skilled m8s :D) we will record our fights, so we might post them onto the forum.

Wicked, tell me when, i need to watch and improve :)

OMG! does he actually think he's better than me? I actually own you, and you know it! I rarely lose to you, but yeah, our fights are very close! Usually when i win it's by a life but thats it. All credit to 'Thesupersmashbrother' though because he, like me, plays very well when losing by a life or so, so we never know who will win.

Sign in to follow this