A sony revolution?

opentarget

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jordan

Screw Blinx, that game was terrible.

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time was the first real game to use so called "reset time"

I'd like microphone functionality as well if possible, Cricket for example I could yell OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!! into the microphone just to rub it in the computer AIs faces.

Or against people online.

Though actually cricket is one sport I'd definetly much rather play properly than play in a game.

Also, any sport that incorparates meals in to it is just awesome, as it's such a weird idea.

I'd love to see what Sony and Factor 5 make out of Lair, that game looks so amazing. I actually think the PS3's power can make sure that some very epic games will appear on the system. Not a hair on my head (and there's plenty of em) thinks about paying 500+ euros for it, but some projects are very promising.

I doubt Sony, besides graphics, has something that really makes the difference between the PS3 and the 360.

Kutaragi has said something about playstation is 4D not 3D... but as we all know he talks way too much bullshit all the time...

If he uses the term "4D", he doesen't know a bullshit on what hes talking about. The only possible "fourth dimension", from a scientific point of view (I study science, so I should know), is TIME. So, if he starts using that dimension, then the NES played 3D, and the N64 played 4D over ten years ago.

So, yeah, it's bullshit!

Noone knows what 4D is. When people say 4D is time, it is one of the many theories.

Anyway, one thing to note is for now, standalone Blu-Ray players are going to be rather expensive...as in $1,000 is the cheapest one announced.

I think Sony wouldn't keep anything about their console secret, after the success with their PS1 and 2 they don't think another company could pose a serious threat. And I think after the unveiling of the FHC the only thing they could come up with in time would be an advanced Eyetoy or some bad gyro system.

That PS3 FHC looks really, really sexy.

And no worries about Sony copying the FHC. I believe that this gen Sony will try to denounce the new interface rather than copy it (it will be a lot cheaper and if it works out for Sony it will do major damage to Nintendo).

Noone knows what 4D is. When people say 4D is time, it is one of the many theories.

The fourth dimension is time, not just a theory.

When the Sony dude talks about 4D with the PS3, he's talking about games in the vein of MMO games. A global community will be present, playin the games and you join in any time (whenever you want to play).

He is just basically putting a 'cool' name to something we already have, so it seems (to all the Sony fanboys) that it's new and something you can only get with the PS3.

http://www.geocities.com/hjsmithh/WireFrame4/tesseract.html

That is the real 4. dimension!!! You can search for hypercube too!

But I think sony could have meant that´s it´s stereoscopic 3D...

This is cool too! http://dogfeathers.com/java/hyprcube.html It´s stereoscopic, so if you have green-red-glasses watch it! There you find other stereoscopic java-applications too...

The fourth dimension is time, not just a theory.

Even if the 4th Dimension IS time. For something to be 4D, it should technicaslly be able to traverse the timeline as it can x,y and z. So it would have to be able to go backwards in time too. Think TARDIS.

I remember a TV program called VR5. Where the people used a VR machine to fight evil. It was ok.

Wasn't that VR Troopers? *cowers at knowing such things*

Even if the 4th Dimension IS time. For something to be 4D, it should technicaslly be able to traverse the timeline as it can x,y and z. So it would have to be able to go backwards in time too. Think TARDIS.

Yawn. Who cares? You guys do realise you are debating about labels that scientists have given to things so that they can explain their theories. It is all twaddle really.

Yawn. Who cares? You guys do realise you are debating about labels that scientists have given to things so that they can explain their theories. It is all twaddle really.

True. And we all know that Ken Kutaragi is full of shit when he says that 'the concept behind the PS3 is 4D'. :zzz:

I just thought of something. I think that sony might really be going the stereoscopic 3D route.

Why?

When the specs for the PS3 where released, they said they could control 2 screens.

Now if you were to project those two screens on the same surface, using polarized light, you could have some gorgeous 3D using filter glasses.

I was reading an article the other day (in new scientist) about how gaming could be redefined by the future consoles. They mentioned the rev, but they held out a lot of interest in a highly advanced eyetoy. In theory, a good enough camera could manage depth perception and distinguish between the moving person and a static surrounding. They had an example of using a PSP camera that could superimpose game characters on the street you were walking down in real life, and display it interactively on the screen.

Rest easy though- there's no way the PS3 could handle it, let alone the PSP.

PS: Given that the fourth dimension is time, everything is 4D. You are all timetravellers, going in one direction at 60 seconds per minute.

PPS. pwned

I just thought of something. I think that sony might really be going the stereoscopic 3D route.

Why?

When the specs for the PS3 where released, they said they could control 2 screens.

Now if you were to project those two screens on the same surface, using polarized light, you could have some gorgeous 3D using filter glasses.

Yeah it certainly has the power to do it and the thought also crossed my mind but I wouldn't read too much into it, after all Sony also said the PS3 can stream 64 videos simultaneously, support 7 controller, possibly make a worldwide system crash if networked...

Also they wouldn't be the ones to keep that sort of feature a secret.