NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
arnold

I saw an advert for Pogs today

Well not really an advert but a Poster in a Card Shop window saying Pogs are back o0 I knew i heard a rumr that they'd be coming back but didn't knwo it was true, I can remember back in my days of junior School getting a crap load of pogs and "battlnig" my mates with them with my Chuppachups metal Slammer, I think I mgiht buy a few packets of them for Nostalgia >> POGS ARE BACK w00t

Pog were great, though I don't think I ever realy understood the game, I used to just like collecting them. :D

yeh same I never actually knew how to play the game, just collected them cos everyone else did. They were pretty cool, but when I was younger I was more into Pokemon cards. They were so popular.

saw an advert on t.v for them thought i was going mental or something. I remember colecting all the world tour pogs think i still have them in the loft well proud

Ive seen an ad on TV. I had a shitload when I was younger, was a good game. And if you lost you could always throw the metal slammer in their eye.

I have absolutely no idea what pogs are. Someone please enlighten me.

I have absolutely no idea what pogs are. Someone please enlighten me.

Little pieces of plastic with pictures on them I think.

Oh, those things. I think we called them flippos or something. People choking on them cause they were sitting in chips bags and stuff. Fun times. Never played the game itself though cause I didn't understand it. Just collected the things (like with The Simpsons on them). We even had a little toy thingie that we could use to make our own and put a picture of our choice on there. Yeah...

Wow Eenuh, its pretty obvious you were the height of awesomeness in Belgium...

Er.... Yeah.

I got invited to birthday parties of boys (well, actually one boy's party but I was the only girl there) back in elementary school because I was cool like them and played videogames. I'm awesome like that. Too bad not a single guy looked at me or was interested in me during secondary school. Ah well, their loss. :grin:

Nah seriously, those pog thingies or whatever you call them were pretty cool back in the day. We had tons of them that we would put in big maps. We might actually still have those... Hmmm. Kinda cool to see it's getting a comeback though, just for nostalgic reasons.

Pogs are coming back, eh?

It was inevitable. I wouldn't be surprised if they had those funky yo-yos coming back soon.

We even had a little toy thingie that we could use to make our own and put a picture of our choice on there. Yeah...

I had one of those. Naturally all my 'designs' sucked.

I should have the entire set of original Pogs up in the attic somewhere. Some are a bit battered, no doubt, but if there's a resurgence of interest coming my completist ways may yet have a silver lining.

Here's hoping POGMAN shows up again.

I had a cuddly toy of him at one point.

And people accuse me of being a loser, pssh...

Yes, I can restart my collection. I had loads of them, but one day Karl stole them all one fateful lunch break. It still hurts to this day. :cry:

Yes, I can restart my collection. I had loads of them, but one day Karl stole them all one fateful lunch break. It still hurts to this day. :cry:

no i did not lmao (btw i'm a Karl too) anyway i still have some pogs around some where and them tazzo things walker gave away with wanner bros characters on!

woot pogs are back!!! i am gonna go absolutely mental if/when i see and advert for them! its a childhood thing-all the memories of people crounded round in lil pog circles cheering and 'ooooh'ing ah them where the days! *wipes tear from eye*

I remember the very short fad of pogs at my middle school. I had loads of Power Ranger ones - they were great fun to play with. :D

I left a bag of my pogs in my garden whilst I ran to do something and when I got back they were gone :sad: I guess it wasn't the best hiding place but still.

Shit I think I just binned a box full of pogs when I cleared out the loft.. :( Damn I could've sold them on ebay when the fad came back to its peak. "Box of retro pogs for sale"

$_$

I didn't have a pog making machine, but with cardboard, paper, pencils and scissors, I recall I made scarily good pogs. I made 6 Mario ones which were awesome, sadly I played with a complete prick who said "if I win them I'll swap them back with you" ****. he won them all I think, and changed his mind. I got him back 2 years later though, everyone in the school ended up hating him :D and in secondary school a similar thing ended up happening.

I think I may have saved my mario pog... might have a look up in the loft and check later on

Sign in to follow this