NEurope
Calibur

Tool Album May 2nd

Anyone else a huge Tool fan? I've heard their new single Vicarious and Its insane, in a good way of course. I can't wait to pick up this CD.

I'm not a huge Tool fan, but i do appreciate a few of their songs. Lateralus, Aenima and schism to name a few. If i do have one gripe with them, it's that their songs are perhaps a bit too long. Maybe i need to listen to another one of their albums and not lateralus?

Same as Fierce, I'm just getting into them though. Opiate is my favourite. Vicarious is good too.

Oh, and Fierce, one of the songs on 10,000 days is 2 parts, totalling like 18mins.

Ah Tool are bloody amazing, my friend got me into them a few weeks ago and I love them.

I haven't heard this new song though..

ooh could May be the best month ever? This is a welcome suprise to me since its the first ive heard of it. A Tool album is always money well spent

This is going to be my first 'New Tool CD' experience. When i got into Tool they had already released Lateralus, and then i bought all the CDs in backwards order (Lateralus, Aenima, Undertow & Opiate).

Yes May will be the best month ever.

Pretty big fan, loved Lateralus.

Will 'sample' it first online.. I imagine they're pretty hit and miss, not buying something that is radically different.

I am excited though, MUSE, Radiohead, Gnarls Barkley, Chillis, Tool.. Kanye towards the end. Zutons and a whole lot more to come.

Ive stumbled across this album. Its definately Tool as there is not a catchy or radio-friendly song on the entire album. Plenty of amazing guitar and bass work.

Most songs are upward of 10 minutes long and you wont be singing along to any of them. My only complaint is that its a bit derivative of Aenima, but Aenima is amazing so thats not necessarily a bad thing

I'm a massive fan. I love all there stuff so I totally can't wait for this album. I love how most of the songs are epics. That's what Tool is all about. No comercial bullshit.

For some wonderful wonderful reason, HMV were selling it today (May 1st) so I'm listening to the bugger now. Ah it's awesome!!! The guitar solo in Jambi sounds like a whale being killed by a giant robot, it's insane. The title track, 10,000 days, is one of the most beautiful things i've ever heard. Oh, and this CD is worth getting for the casing alone... seriously. It's got fucking sterioscopic lenses embedded in the case and you use them to view the album artwork. It's incredible!!

God bless Tool. Anyone else manage to get a ticket to see them in the UK in June ?? I can't wait...

Albums are released on Monday's here in the UK.

Picked it up today haven't had a chance to listen to it yet though. The casing is brilliant!

How brilliant are the pictures when you look through the steroscopic lenses? I couldn't get it to work at first but I just got it to work. They look very cool!

Easily the best ever album packaging. I went to the pub after buiying it with a couple of mates, opened it up, and it kept us entertained for a good half hour. and thats just the box! what a genius idea, putting magic eye in the packaging.

an added bonus is that the CD within the packaging is absolutely immense!

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

What an intense mind fucking opening.

Oh Man this is so worth the wait.. it's enduring, so epic..

I'm listening to it right now and just describing as it streams through this 7 minutes on Radio 1... Zane's gonna try and get an interview with them.

Gaaahahrjashahjhjahha.a.a..a.af.d.ad.a.affd..af...af.iegfuioleaoooo aoo afjocome bakocjawfdwlrwllay erdonw sdsodsolsdlld

fae

fae

aef

afwe

aef\

krt

djkyff

srgbs

srh

arghityhjithistshitshiafeg

aeg

het

thIQE

aetsphiawr

hsrt

AHHHH

aejknwoeronwowrowrwr dabadbabdbadbad,lallallalalallallallal (love this shit) ooooh melooody

Yes. Yes. Yes. percussion.

This is classic Tool.

Bajkejkrfakjkjkkww do do do . doo a. doo a. daw. fee .fa .ola...

Back in the stride bam bambambambambambambam.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Interview with "someone from Tool on the phone" tomorrow night, 7pm.

Elusive band apparently, well worth tuning in.

It is a class album. I listened to the whole labum yesterday and then listened to some of it driving to work this morning and back from work this evening. Tool rock!!!

Gaaahahrjashahjhjahha.a.a..a.af.d.ad.a.affd..af...af.iegfuioleaoooo aoo afjocome bakocjawfdwlrwllay erdonw sdsodsolsdlld

fae

fae

aef

afwe

aef\

krt

djkyff

srgbs

srh

arghityhjithistshitshiafeg

aeg

het

thIQE

aetsphiawr

hsrt

AHHHH

aejknwoeronwowrowrwr dabadbabdbadbad,lallallalalallallallal (love this shit) ooooh melooody

Yes. Yes. Yes. percussion.

This is classic Tool.

Bajkejkrfakjkjkkww do do do . doo a. doo a. daw. fee .fa .ola...

Back in the stride bam bambambambambambambam.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Interview with "someone from Tool on the phone" tomorrow night, 7pm.

Elusive band apparently, well worth tuning in.

My thoughts Exactly :D

I love A Perfect Circle but have never listened to a Tool song before lol, are they similar sounding?

Actually I could just go and listen to them.

duh

Man I can't stop listening to it... have they done it? Have they bettered Lateralus?

As for Tool being similar to APC.. You'll probably feel at ease and comfortable due to Maynard's voice. But Tool will take you different places... Eleven minute, spooky places that'll play with yer mind-tank for days.

Ah, how good is Wings pt 2??? Makes me want to weep.

Totally brilliant, but I don't think it's quite as good as Lateralus or Aenima. Maybe it will grow on me though. Can't wait to see them at Download!!!

________

Auto avio costruzioni 815

Edited by the_mars_volta

Man I can't stop listening to it... have they done it? Have they bettered Lateralus?

Ah, how good is Wings pt 2??? Makes me want to weep.

Id say its better as a whole. They basically said fuck you to radio and mtv this time around and created almost a dozen masterpieces, particularly both Wings, Vicarious, and Right in Two.

150359429_5851fae1df.jpg

It's weird.. I guess I will have to listen to it under the influence to truely understand it- the thing doesn't work for me right now.