NEurope
brueske

Worth the $$$?

Hey, Is the gamecube relly worth $99.99? Shouldn't nontendo lower the price now. I mean, I had trouble spending $40.00 on a Gamecube. Is it relly worth $99.99?:hmm:

I got my Gamecube the day it came out for £130 - According to XE.com that equates to $232.98 - Best money I ever spent, I've had a hell of a lot of fun from my Cube. So is it worth $99.99? Hell yes.

I got mine for £130 as well, but a bit after it came out. I don't know if it's really worht getting any console at the moment, as we are in the transition to the next-gen currently.

i actually got mine for £190. i got pimin and some other stuff with it aswell.

$99.99 eqates to abour £55, so i think its well worth that much for a GC now.

I bought a black one today.

£25 with one official controller, memory card 4mb and all the box, packaging and junk.

£25 = $44.83

Very happy with the purchase, I can't say I'd buy one at retail value.. this one is barely played 3 times or so.. so it's in perfect condition.

I think if you will enjoy more than 5 games on the GameCube that you can't play on a current system that you own then you should purchase the cube..

My theory was, I can play several games on the Cube that I can't on my xbox, I would enjoy it.. and it would keep me busy = :D:D

You can probably get a used one for cheap, but it's worth 99$ without any doubt. Best money I ever spent, the problem is you'll need a lot of money to buy a lot of awesome games.

TBH, it's not worth $99, seeing as Revolution will be out soon.

Just get a second hand one like me.. build up a games collection and scrap it when Revolution comes in favour of the slot loader.

i got mine for £120, i think it was after the first price drop. it was february 2003

I had my money's worth out of a £350 import GameCube from Japan/US with the little cheap switch to change regions. I think the launch price in the UK was fantastic and couldn't have been better.

The GameCube price at the moment is fair, but hardly anywhere still stocks or sells them. Doesn't the £100 tag also come equipped with a few games?

I had my money's worth out of a £350 import GameCube from Japan/US with the little cheap switch to change regions. I think the launch price in the UK was fantastic and couldn't have been better.

The GameCube price at the moment is fair, but hardly anywhere still stocks or sells them. Doesn't the £100 tag also come equipped with a few games?

yeah i remember one store was selling a japanese cube for £600, crazy stuff.

i got mine 2 xmas's ago(1 year after it came out), it was £80 with controller and a shitty game - spyhunter! though the other games you could have got for it otherwise were crap as well...

how much is the PS2?

I don't think I'd get an xbox, ps2 or GC for more than £10-20 now, tbh, because the next gen offerings are either here, or very close.

I agree that november is a ways off, but wouldn't it be better saving for a revolution now (if you only have $5.00 a week for recreation)?

You may aswell get a revolution but it will be a bit harder to get older games.

Hey, Is the gamecube relly worth $99.99? Shouldn't nontendo lower the price now. I mean, I had trouble spending $40.00 on a Gamecube. Is it relly worth $99.99?:hmm:

You've got to be kidding me?

Allthough there's a huge lack in shooters and racers, the Cube ROCKS!

Buy Metroid Prime 1&2, the forthcoming Zelda and a few other games, and you'll be in Gaming paradise!

Word on the street is it's getting dropped to $79.99 now to get rid of all remaining stock before Revolution.

Even more reason to get one now, chances of a UK price drop? Slim and none.. because the few places that still have them have a monopoly in the UK and can charge whatever they want with their easily controlled supply.

Word on the street is it's getting dropped to $79.99 now to get rid of all remaining stock before Revolution.

Even more reason to get one now, chances of a UK price drop? Slim and none.. because the few places that still have them have a monopoly in the UK and can charge whatever they want with their easily controlled supply.

Uk's last for everything:indeed:

I purchased one last week after a long mental debate (ps2....gamecube......no ps2......but gamecube is awesome..........ps2 is better.......gamecube is cheaper......) That debate continued untill I learnt that resident evil zero is GCN exclusive. I purchased a gamecube, 2 controllers, and two games for $40.00 USD. I have not been dissapointed. For the last week I have been up playing resi 0,1,2,3,&4 untill 2:00 AM every night. I LOVE RESIDENT EVIL!!!!!! It is the Halo of GCN!:bouncy:

For the last week I have been up playing resi 0,1,2,3,&4 untill 2:00 AM every night. I LOVE RESIDENT EVIL!!!!!! It is the Halo of GCN!:bouncy:

Am i sensing a theme?...::shrug:

PS2 is better?....I don't think you can say that...

It has the advantages of Shoot'-em-ups and RPGs over the Cube; but other than that I'd hardly say it's better...

me:ps2 is better

Let me explain. If you want more game variety CHOOSE PS2! THe gamecube SUCKS in the amount of games it has. It has mostly great games, but if you want alot of good games get ps2 (ex. DDR, Guitar Hero, Kingdom of Hearts) don't get me wrong!:shakehead I LOVE nintendo, and have a GB GB color, SNES, GBA, GBA:SP, D.S., and, D.S. Lite. I love nintendo. I just wish I had more ddr songs that mario mix does......