NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

FREE XNA games coming to XBOX Live Marketplace. The first 7 are coming tonight. Completely free.

FREE XNA games coming to XBOX Live Marketplace. The first 7 are coming tonight. Completely free.

Whats XNA?

B) Awesome.

Excellent! :yay:

XNA is the thing that people pay Microsoft $100 for so they can spend they're time making games that are then given to us for free.

Are these people gods or what? :p

EDIT: Forgot to add. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLDENEYE!!!!!!!

Any chance of hearing about Alan Wake or Banjo this week? No? :(

I feel your pain man. :cry:

I'm ready for Gears now if some people wanna get a game going.

Apparently the GDC is on right now and apparently an Italian site posted a Gears of War 2 press release, for release November 2008.

I thought Gears was perfect length. It was more about the Multiplayer than the Campaign.

I suppose if you paid attention to the level numbers it wouldn't be so bad. My main problem was that the train level felt like it was half-way through the game. Then the credits rolled. I just didn't expect it at all.

for goldeneye on the 360 ill beleive it when it see it. And when i do see it i will buy it :P

Gears of War 2 stuff on the marketplace. a video theme and gamerpictures

Gears 2 November 2008?!?!

Also where do I get this XNA stuff?

Yeah I popped in from work at 8 and seen the Gears stuff. I loved the teaser trailer. I havent watched the NG2 trailer yet though.

I downloaded Dishwasher off of XNA last night, Very very nice game, bloody as hell too, I love it recommends it to everyone.

But the thing is the XNA games are only demo's not full games for Free =/ and if anyones having trouble, go to the arcade on the marketplace, download the XNA Launcher, after that go to your games library and there should be a XNA slide go to it and Press Y a selection of games will appear to download =D

I did downlaod another one called Jelly Car but i've not played it yet, had too much fun on Dishwasher ^^;

More RPG goodness heads to the 360. We knew this one was coming but its nice to see that its official.

http://tales.namco.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=65240&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=1335

Japan's most popular non-Square-Enix RPG series comes to Xbox 360

Article writ by Nick Des Barres

"On a freezing, rainy day in January, play editors Nick Des Barres and Dai Kohama were invited to Namco Bandai's Tokyo offices for an exclusive glimpse at a top-secret new project, the existence of which had only been made known two weeks before: Tales of Vesperia. A stunning 720p teaser trailer released to the net on the last day of 2007 confirmed that Japan's third-most popular RPG series was going gloriously next-gen, with an aesthetic that can only be describe as "living anime". The trailer made it clear we were dealing with a high-def game, and to paraphrase a statement made by director Yosh[ito] Higuchi in the days following the teaser's release, "that can only mean one of two systems."

Imagine our surprise when we entered a Namco Bandai conference room to find an elaborate shrine-like display of the Tales series's past triumphs...and a lone Xbox 360. The company has been famously high on Microsoft's 'box of late, blessing it with games like Beautiful Katamari, Ace Combat 6, and Eternal Sonata, but the Tales series represents what is arguably the most valuable non-anime brand the company controls in Japan. And it goes without saying, Japan hasn't been too hot on 360. While the revelation of platform proved a shock, so did the quality of the game-but for completely different reasons. Tales of Vesperia manages to trump Ubisoft's Naruto and Namco's own Japan-only iDOLM@STER visually, with jaw-dropping next-gen cel shading and huge, expansive background vistas that seem straight out of a Studio Ghibli film. Best realtime 3-D anime visuals ever? Take a look at these screens and get back to me.

What can we expect from the game itself? More trademark RPG excellence from Team Symphonia (responsible for Tales of Symphonia on Gamecube, and Tales of the Abyss on Playstation 2), with instantly-likeable characters, cunning puzzle dungeons, and, of course, frenetic, pyrotechnic, fighting game-inspired realtime action battles. Vesperia will mark the series's tenth anniversary in North America, and Namco is promising for the first time ever to put real muscle behind its English release. Both Symphonia and Abyss are generally considered to be among the finest J-RPG localizations of all time, so it would seem safe to assume this game will be just as good, if not better. As to when this role-playing animextravaganza might be spinning in our Xboxen, the teaser trailer touted only a release date of "2008" (Namco's lips are sealed on the matter, but the smart money for the initial Japanese release would seem to be fourth quarter).

We wish we were able to tell you more about Tales of Vesperia, but play necessarily walked into Namco Bandai's lair as information virgins, armed only with what we could clean from watching the one minute, fifty-second teaser for hours on end. Although director Higuchi and producer Tsutomu Gouda were unforthcoming with many details (such as the names of any characters besides protagonist Yuri and apparent antagonist Flynn), they were surprisingly candid about other aspects, including the reality of the Xbox 360's current situation in Japan and the perception of the Tales series around the world. It was clear they are very excited about their new baby, and it was impossible not to get swept up by their enthusiasm."

tales3-1.jpg

tales2-1.jpg

tales1-1.jpg

Ninja Gaiden II demo going up tonight people :)

Wow. A 'Tales of' coming out on 360? Crazy.

Wow. A 'Tales of' coming out on 360? Crazy.

Thought that was just a trade demo - must of misread it. Aweseome, never played any Gaiden before.

Tales of Vesperia = :) Another step towards persuading the Japanese methinks.

Awesome :) Tales of Vesparia on 360 = guarenteed purchase from me. :D

Hell Yes!!! If this isn't true then I... I... I'm gonna... lol i dunno :heh:

Well, on the US marketplace, theres a Ninja Gaiden 2 mini section with.

"View trailer"

and "Play demo - coming soon."

Everyones assuming its tonight. Seems likey since Thursdays are quiet on XBLM content.