NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

I was considering picking up Lost Odessy when I went down to the store today only to find it was on 4 DVDs!! Fuck that. Any game that need 4 DVDs can go screw itself.

...Why does the amount of discs required effect any game?

The PS1 FF games were spread over several discs. Lost Oddesey is that way because of all the HD cut scenes and high res models.

wats so hard about changing disks with some people.

please insert disk 2...eject disk 1 and put in disk 2 whats so hard about that

And its like once every what 6+ hours and when you are on the final disc you don't need to do it ever again. People make such a fuss over some thing so small

Jeeze... That image is BS :) 360 uses 9GB discs, a Blu Ray is like... 50GB. So it'd probably be like 5 discs if it ever came over :p

Jeeze... That image is BS :) 360 uses 9GB discs, a Blu Ray is like... 50GB. So it'd probably be like 5 discs if it ever came over :p

Always one to dampen the joke lol.

And I think lazyboy was referring to the size/length of the game, which yeah, I really don't have time for.

not sure why people have a problem changing dics. damn it is not a big deal!!

Try 13 floppy discs with Monkey Island II on the Amiga then come and complain!!

If Mario Galaxy can do brilliance on one disk so can everything else. Its principle. It's also a sign that it's all about the FMVs, i.e. not my thing.

If Mario Galaxy can do brilliance on one disk so can everything else. Its principle. It's also a sign that it's all about the FMVs, i.e. not my thing.

Mario Galaxy isn't a 40 hour RPG, with HD cut scenes, hundreds of enemy types and massively high res textures.

Its all relative... plus they have to fit hours of speech in there for several languages.

Mario Galaxy isn't a 40 hour RPG, with HD cut scenes, hundreds of enemy types and massively high res textures.

Its all relative... plus they have to fit hours of speech in there for several languages.

1. Skies of Arcadia is on one disk, 50 hour RPG, and one of the best

2. Hours of speech......yeah, no thanks.

1. Skies of Arcadia is on one disk, 50 hour RPG, and one of the best

It's also a Dreamcast game.

HD textures take a lot of space, that's why not having a high capacity disc system is a little paradoxal on XBOX, but it's not that big a deal.

Ha played the cube version, but my point stands that Skies is a phonomenal RPG even today, and it isn't on four disks. I think the larger issue I have is with FMVs. I think they're lazy. And I don't mean in a "they don't take any time to make" lazy. I mean that using FMVs in a game is out of place. A medium where you are supposed to be immersed into the experience is not fitting for story telling where you're supposed to sit back and take it. Now Half Life 2, that's how you do it. Or even better, Metroid. The story telling fitted the medium and genre.

Shit these chinese won't quite with these fucking fireworks.

Edit: Oh yeah, i realise the irony of talking bout laziness. I'm thinking of changing my name soon anyway.

Personally I love FMV cutscenes, especially when Square-Enix is involved as they do it so well. I dont think I would have felt half the emotions I did when playing Kingdom Hearts or FFVIII if the final cutscenes of the game were done using the ingame engines.

I'm quite early into Lost odyssey and it's been one too many cutscenes so far I must of played 30 minutes of walking around Uhra City and 30 minutes of cutscenes before finally getting out of that area.

The first couple of hours are really slow in LO, but stick with it. I'm now on Disc 2 and it's really starting to get interesting now.

Im shocked, I just found out that the singer in Blue Dragon's boss battle music is Ian Gillan from Deep Purple. :blank:

OK what the hell. On Crackdown I'm doing one of the rooftop races in Los Muertos and one of the checkpoints is in the water just off the coast I go to it and nothing happens.

Has anyone else found this?

OK what the hell. On Crackdown I'm doing one of the rooftop races in Los Muertos and one of the checkpoints is in the water just off the coast I go to it and nothing happens.

Has anyone else found this?

Head towards the nearest exit from your base and follow the tunnel underground, its in there.

Whoa, HoT, you look weird without a blue name, seriously :(

Quoted for truth.

You do, you seriously do. Like a black Michael Jackson. :o