NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

I'm impressed with the Lost Odyssey Case the DVD's aren't stacked in one disc holder like Blue Dragon, it actually has the flip over type multi disc holders.

The case is bigger than usual but I don't mind as long as my disc's stay in good condition.

I find portal seriously over rated, yeah it was a damn good game, but not the OMG MOST MEGA THING EVER TO BE BROUGHT TO GAMING craziness.

And also, i HATE the song.

EDIT: Also yeah, why does everyone go fucking mental about the cake thing? It's hardly a big deal, the game has better bits than the god damn cake.

The cake is a lie.

Ha, typical because I don't like it I get called stupid. Yes I get the wit and sure it made me smile but the way some of go on about it make it seem like you were rolling on the floor laughing out loud.

I don't know why I feel the need to put my penneth in but I think he was only pulling your leg.

Yeah, Portal and all that. actually, I have to plug my wired mouse back in when attempting the Vanilla Crazy Cake achievement, lest I launch my wireless out the window when the frustration crescendos.

I'd give portal maybe an 8/10. Why? Because the gameplay was intuitive, the difficulty curve was steadily progressive and the world itself was charming and original. At no point was I on the floor laughing, but there are parts I found funny. Not a GTOY but definitely one to remember.

Portal was a simple idea made into reality. The who Portal aspect sold the game for me.

I skipped the end credits, they didn't interest me. The dialogue was funny and memorable but not laugh out loud crying funny.

The whole Portal thing, moving from one place to another made the game one of the best I'd ever played.

I love that kind of stuff though.

I found it funny, in the way you just go 'that was funny' in your head. Good game, I agree with the 8/10.

to me portal was a little add-on, kind of like something the makers of half life did to pass some time, nothing more. They shouldnt make a new one, as it was prettty boring, the puzzles wernt to gud either.

But, if they added the portal gun into an FPS*, id be all over that :D

*i kno someone added it to HL2, but im a 360er.

And yeah, i reckon the Lost Game mite be ok, iv watched the trailers, and it looks like something ill buy, then sell 3 days later on ebay lol. Ah well, mite hav some new lost info :D

Are theryre n e mmorpgs planned for the 360?

Just a heads up; I've got the month's free online membership. I added my gamertag to the list (jayseven NE) if anyone wants a game... I've got access to Gears of War, Rainbow Six Vegas, Halo 3, Streets of Rage, Sonic 2 and The Darkness and Team Fortress... I suck at all of them but I'm willing to share my voice with the masses.

*plods off for some halo 3*

to me portal was a little add-on, kind of like something the makers of half life did to pass some time, nothing more. They shouldnt make a new one, as it was prettty boring, the puzzles wernt to gud either.

Actually, Portal came from a team of college developers who attended Digipen. They happend to win a contest of sorts with a game called Nerbacular Drop. They then took this game to Valve and about half way through Gabe Newelle (the director of development) stopped them and offered them the job on the spot because he was that impressed.

Considering Portal is basically that groups second game, its a damn good achievement.

I've just got word DMC4 came in at my local, so i'll head down first thing tomorrow and pick it up.

Finished Episode 1 as well. First slice of episodic content, and I liked it. If they were to come a little more often I think they would definitely be the way to go, though maybe more with RPGs. I loved the ending, although transferring the prisoners was a pain in the ass. Could have done with some new stuff in there too. I understand there is some new stuff in episode 2 but I want to wait for a bit to play it because the wait for episode three is going to be a bitch.

I've just got word DMC4 came in at my local, so i'll head down first thing tomorrow and pick it up.

=o no way. My copy was 'processed' by GAME today so it should arrive tomorrow or the following day. Looking forward to it....

I've got a video file which is a MKV. Is there anyway I can get this to work on my 360 so I can watch it in HD on the TV rather than just on my laptop? A quick Google didn't really help...

Garrgghh! I borrowed Halo 3 from someone and tryed to do the first level on legendary, found it so frustrating I had to turn it off after an hour! Now I don't want to play it again =/

Garrgghh! I borrowed Halo 3 from someone and tryed to do the first level on legendary, found it so frustrating I had to turn it off after an hour! Now I don't want to play it again =/

well if you have played it on normal first then legendary IS hard.. but if you gave up on the first level.. ha ha.. you will never find out how hard it really is.. but you get used to it after a while.. and frankly.. it wasnt that hard..

I didn't find it THAT hard untill this particular section where it respawned me in an odd place, resulting in me getting sniped straight away every time =/ Could barely move. I went straight for legendary and now I can't be bothered with it on any difficulty. Ah well, sure I will revisit it someday xD

I've got a video file which is a MKV. Is there anyway I can get this to work on my 360 so I can watch it in HD on the TV rather than just on my laptop? A quick Google didn't really help...

Not that I know. You gotta convert it to avi.

I didn't find it THAT hard untill this particular section where it respawned me in an odd place, resulting in me getting sniped straight away every time =/ Could barely move. I went straight for legendary and now I can't be bothered with it on any difficulty. Ah well, sure I will revisit it someday xD

Going straight for legendary is dumb. Even when you've played the game loads, soloing on legendary is gonna be a lot of repetition, respawning and trial and error. Play on Normal instead.... Or play co-op Legendary.

EDIT: Shorty was a dumbass and posted this while I was still logged in. FOOL! All point and laugh.

Mabey you should, you know.

Try normal first.

There are some amazingly frustration sections in there though. Mostly when you're relying on Earth's marines to not be retards.

I went back on COD4 just to play a bit. The game looks so nice. It's really slow though. It felt clunky and I don't know why, it was a fast game when I palyed it last.

Mabey you should, you know.

Try normal first.

I should have xD Legendary is just tedious, I liked legendary on the older games, where you could just run most of the time and be alright.

Quite a sad scene there in Lost Odyssey, emotional, although it seemed to happen a tad too fast, like somewhat out of place or was just put in there, but good none the less.