NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

I don't know why, I find this slightly degrading for some reason. So many genres are shoehorned onto Star Wars (and to a lesser extent, Star Trek) the characters are slowly becoming like all those people you see on Celebrity Big Brother or most of ITV's programming, the kind of "celebrity" who you once vaguely remembered with some fondness from the late 80's, now sunk to debasing themselves for half-assed "reality" shows. At any moment I'm expecting an announcement for "Star Wars Love Island" or something.

I don't know why, I find this slightly degrading for some reason. So many genres are shoehorned onto Star Wars (and to a lesser extent, Star Trek) the characters are slowly becoming like all those people you see on Celebrity Big Brother or most of ITV's programming, the kind of "celebrity" who you once vaguely remembered with some fondness from the late 80's, now sunk to debasing themselves for half-assed "reality" shows. At any moment I'm expecting an announcement for "Star Wars Love Island" or something.

As far as I am concerned Star Wars died the day Lucas whored out his ideas again to make a second trilogy. If anything I think its degrading to Soul Calibur but since I REALLY doubt they will be on the main roster it doesn't matter. Its not like you are forced to play as them. :heh:

I don't have to watch OAPs play water sports with each other either, it doesn't make the idea of it any easier.

I don't have to watch OAPs play water sports with each other either, it doesn't make the idea of it any easier.

Haha, true! Some people do want to watch OAPs play water sport and namco have given them the option to! :heh:

Star Wars characters... in Soul Calibur IV... :blank:

XD uberlulzhaxbbq

is all I have to say to that...

But seriously, it's happened so w/e I guess and tbh I don't mind, will it ruin the game? no... >> will it taint the purity of the franchise? probably... >> but heres the most important question, will it be fun? hell yes! just from looking at those screenshots I can't wait to take control of Yoda and "use the force!" against all the regular SC characters, and Darth Vader of course. :heh:

So it may only be fun for a short period of time and yes, maybe it is kinda gimmicky but I find it hard to take many games seriously these days anyway, especially Soul Calibur, so even if all it adds is a few cheap laughs at a game which will still most likely be decent anyway then thats good enough for me. :smile:

Darth Vader is in PS3 and Yoda is in 360 version.

Don't know if anyones posted this, don't care. I can't be bothered reading past posts.

Lol yet another ploy to divide potential game / console buyers and I suppose it's quite clever in a way, will you choose Darth Vader or Yoda? the side of justice or the path to the dark side? :heh:

But I bet a few months down the line you will then be able to download the other character for each version or something. :laughing:

Ok I'm getting a PS3.......stupid lure of the Dark Side....:p

I actually think the Yoda character model looks better (He actually has facial animations and there is hardly any chance that his move set will be similar to anyone else's), Vader looks a bit clunky. Its awesome in the trailer when Yoda stops Nightmare's sword with his hand.

But Namco are a bunch of ****. They better have it as downloadable content.

I just want Darth Maul really.

PennyArcade did a comic about Rez HD, and I'm wondering if this follows news of a release date or new details that I've missed?

Details: There are some new 'levels'. Not core levels, but addons.

The game will be 800 points on release (very, very cheap considering how long it can last you).

Will contain both Rez (Dreamcast version @ 30fps, upscaled to HD.) and Rez HD (60fps in propper HD)

Will be coming out in the next few weeks.

The Club demo is out. It's not bad, kinda like a shooting version of PGR really, it's all about points, accuracy, time etc.

It reminds me of a game I had just like this on the Dreamcast, anyone remember what it's called?

Details: There are some new 'levels'. Not core levels, but addons.

The game will be 800 points on release (very, very cheap considering how long it can last you).

Will contain both Rez (Dreamcast version @ 30fps, upscaled to HD.) and Rez HD (60fps in propper HD)

Will be coming out in the next few weeks.

I'll have to buy points ready for it.

I wish I could remember where I read the release date for it. I'm sure I read something like the first half of Feb for us lot.

I wonder if Live is back up? I see no-one moaning about it and I can get online on the website now.

Gah, I hate points systems. I have 500... what am I supposed to do with 500? Even if I buy a 400 game I'm then left with the more useless 100. And I can't afford Rez when it appears.

So how do I getz me some pointz. Ive only got a debit card. Ugh. Wish they were just...you know....money.

Exactly. You can buy them with a debit card though, through the market place on your 360. Or you can go into a store and get a card. I think they're about £17 for 2100 points.

You can use a debit, but it HAS to be visa debit.

Thus Sony PSN owns XBL, because i can use my fucking Maestro.

So it's a saving of £4... if you have a £5 off code? Meaning if you don't have the code, it's more expensive to buy 4200 than 2 sets of 2100 in the shops? o_O