NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Just ordered Halo 3. Should hopefully have that and Orange Box some time next week.

Anyone on here still play Halo 3 online?

When I can't be bothered to play a good game, yes.

I have 905 GS from Halo 3, i shall be on the Chinese or another obscure server today to try get the MP achievements that i'm useless at getting.

I'd like to join you to get the final achievement I need. If I can get on though.

h3xf9.jpg

anyone else got both of the medals at the top on ranked?

No what are they?

Im currently actively working on my 5 and 10 Shotgun kills and my 1- Sword kills in a row medals.

HaloMedalsDec1.jpg

I still dont have the Bungie.net logo either! How do I get it!

just cause is gud game btw.

Orange box is so so, got it few weeks back, and got call of duty yesterday, wot a letdown the single player is finished it before xmas dinner :/, and still no internet until earliest nxt week. So i shud be back on live sooon WOOOOOOP

just cause is gud game btw.

Orange box is so so, got it few weeks back, and got call of duty yesterday, wot a letdown the single player is finished it before xmas dinner :/, and still no internet until earliest nxt week. So i shud be back on live sooon WOOOOOOP

Yeah the single player game is short but it still doesnt take away that its a fantastic game.

Just Cause is solid fun. For £13 you can't really go wrong. The sky diving is awesome!

When are we getting Rock Band?

Can I just buy drums and disc? Or even just drums?

My fingers fail at guitar and I sure as hell don't want to sing.

I'm pretty sure you can only buy the disk alone or the whole set. Anyway don't get Rock Band unless you have 2 or more friends you want to play with regularly. You can do the drums and they can do the guitar and singing. I can't imagine you can get everything out of the title on your own. Even with online co-op, the point is to be like a rock band with your friends. That's why it comes with so much shiz.

Eventually I think you can buy the instruments seperately, but they're not even available on their own in USA yet despite the game having been out for over a month. So you could, I guess, buy just the drums and the disk, eventually, I guess that will work out as overpriced though. And you may as well just buy the Donkey Konga games.

I believe Europe are still pencilled in for March 6.

Edit: I only just realised I didn't get Mass Effect for Christmas. Darn.

I'm pretty sure you can only buy the disk alone or the whole set. Anyway don't get Rock Band unless you have 2 or more friends you want to play with regularly. You can do the drums and they can do the guitar and singing. I can't imagine you can get everything out of the title on your own. Even with online co-op, the point is to be like a rock band with your friends. That's why it comes with so much shiz.

Eventually I think you can buy the instruments seperately, but they're not even available on their own in USA yet despite the game having been out for over a month. So you could, I guess, buy just the drums and the disk, eventually, I guess that will work out as overpriced though. And you may as well just buy the Donkey Konga games.

Oh definately. 3 of my friends want Rock Band too but naturally no one wants to sing. If we were to get the bundle and 3 extra discs and divide the cost by 4, someone would still be stuck with the mike.

The next obvious suggestion is to do a rota (sp?) with us each having a instrument for a month or so. But I like to own things, hence why I'd rather buy my drums and let them get what they want. I can't afford the full works.

Can you play with 3 guitars and a drum or two drums and two guitars?

How much is Guitar Hero 3 now. Still 50 bones plus? Might be worth nabbing that in preperation. The guitar is compatable right?

I never get special edition 360 games, it's a con if you ask me, all the behind the scenes video stuff is probably online somewhere, you can't wear the master chief helmet and there's nothing in-game worth getting it for.

According the playasia compatibility list, the US version of Halo 3 works in all regions.

How much is Guitar Hero 3 now. Still 50 bones plus? Might be worth nabbing that in preperation. The guitar is compatable right?
IIRC it's still over 50 and the guitar will be compatible, but not vice versa (so you cant use a rock band guitar with GH3). I'm fairly sure I've got that the right way round.

You sure nobody will want to sing? Even with a few drinks in them and the game volume turned right up? :heh:

I never get special edition 360 games, it's a con if you ask me, all the behind the scenes video stuff is probably online somewhere, you can't wear the master chief helmet and there's nothing in-game worth getting it for.

According the playasia compatibility list, the US version of Halo 3 works in all regions.

IIRC it's still over 50 and the guitar will be compatible, but not vice versa (so you cant use a rock band guitar with GH3). I'm fairly sure I've got that the right way round.

You sure nobody will want to sing? Even with a few drinks in them and the game volume turned right up? :heh:

I'm an idiot. I meant Guitar Hero 2. Still, seems to be just as expensive. Perhaps ebay is worth a look.

As for singing, I doubt it, my friends, like me, are slightly reserved middle class white folk, and singing, even in a state of inebriation, is not something we would consider.

I have a slightly camp friend who might be up for it though.

Question: Is Halo 3 region free? Is the legendary edition worth it?

Depends if you want a Master Chief helmet sad collecting dust and a scond box of extra videos which you'll watch once, even not watch.

T'was a waste of money really.

Question: Is Halo 3 region free? Is the legendary edition worth it?

No, Legendary and the Special Edition aren't worth it. They're nice to have as collectors items, especially if you're a big fan of Halo, but in the end all you're really going to need is the game disc, so save yourself some money and just get that.

Don't know about region free, probably not.

I take it the Don is considering joining the ranks of the 360 crew? :heh:

videogamesplus.ca say...

We have tested the biggest game ever to be released on the XBOX360 or infact maybe the biggest video game release in the history of video games Halo 3 - 360 (Preorder) , Halo 3 Limited Edition - 360 (Preorder) and Halo 3 Legendary Edition with Halo Spartan Mjolnir Mark VI Helmet! - 360 (Preorder) on our PAL XBOX360 and can confirm (DRUM ROLL PLEASE) IT IS REGION FREE. Version tested was limited edition but we assume it doesn't matter as all versions are the same other than the bonus content!!

So yeah Halo 3 is region free

I got MVP for the first time yesterday... I was so happy.

In other news, I finally hooked up my 360 to my HD set. Gorgeous.

lol lol me and viper played halo 3 on heroic today coop style. What a classic from jumping on top of the ship that flew into space to the epic assault of the tank with those motorbike things. Classic times thanks for the game joe, xbox live is so worth it :D