NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Hmmm, J Allard certainly is a plonker!

Check out this interview, http://www.gamespot.com/news/6135302.html

and in particular this part:

Q: Developers have already said they're filling up the space on the 360's DVD format and are having problems with compression. How's Microsoft responding to these concerns?

JA: Oh, we try to do better with compression. I mean, we're not totally where we want to be with compression. Honestly, just to be frank, the stuff comes in hot. Here we're trying to do a worldwide launch of this very ambitious program and developers will tell you that they're not really satisfied with what we did with the DVD emulator or compression. And, therefore, their layouts on DVD…they're struggling with that. They're cutting corners. I mean, basically, what happens is when you get final hardware late, you're sloppy. … You got to take every out you can, and so they're not applying all their talents as they will next year or the year after to get every little bit they can out of it. They're being a little sloppy with the CP. They're being a little sloppy with the disk. They're being a little sloppy with the formats and compression to make launch. And next year, you'll see that they tighten that up and they can get more out of the system by using the same disk capacity, the same memory, and the same art tools. They'll be able to get a lot more out of the system next year.

So does that mean we're probably best buying the console a while after it's release because the games aren't that great on it just yet? Developers being sloppy?!

Well fucking duh, MS are forcing developers to get the games out asap, instead of waiting till Spring next year... ;_;

Well fucking duh, MS are forcing developers to get the games out asap, instead of waiting till Spring next year... ;_;

Well DUH, I'm not doubting that, but don't you think it would've been better for them (and us as gamers) for them to wait to release the console when the games are ready for it?!

Have you read the full atricle, he even goes on to contradict himself in it!

What we learned with Halo [2] is you don't ship a game before it's ready

and yet that's what you're doing at launch, with these "sloppy games"!!!

DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Surely 'Kameo' for example, isn't going to feel 'rushed' i mean the game has been in development for AGES.

I hope they don't put back the Xbox360 because people are saying to them, perhaps it's best to sort out all the niggles before releasing it, why don't you release it 'spring-2006' I'M NOT WAITING ANY LONGER!!!!!!!!!!!

The games are going to be good,don't worry, alot of them have been in development for sometime, so the rush at the end shouldn't effect their quality, every launch is a 'panic'.

:D

^ They look COOL! Where did you get them from? I really like both, but the top one would look nice on my new Xbox360! :hehe:

EDIT: Oh i see X05 they were availible at! Did you have to buy them or were they given out?

Will you sell them on Ebay? :)

lol.theyre not mine. Got the pics form a site, sorry that I didnt write that ):

So does that mean we're probably best buying the console a while after it's release because the games aren't that great on it just yet? Developers being sloppy?!

I take it you've yet to own a console?

I take it you've yet to own a console?

Don't be a plonker!

Obviously I know this happens as I've already stated, but for Allard to actually come out and admit it isn't very business like is it?!

You don't want to talk about negative points on your about to be realeased console!!!

Thats my point, the fact he is saying this before the release, it would be easier (and normal business practice) to maybe say these things after its release when consumers have already bought it!

DUH!!!!!!!! I take it you've not studied any form of business, either at degree, A level or even GCSE level!!!!!!!!!!!!! DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :indeed:

Kav, calm the fuck down. Jesus christ.

I'm quite calm, i'm just responding in a similar manner to how i had perceived your comments, i saw them as a little childish and unfounded!

*end of rant*

I appologise if anyone had taken my comments the wrong way, it's just that i may have taken your's the wrong way too!

Don't be a plonker!

Obviously I know this happens as I've already stated, but for Allard to actually come out and admit it isn't very business like is it?!

Perhaps not, but at least it's truthful.

How many folks is he likely to put off by saying that though? There are people here who'd still turn up on launch day at 12:01am if he confessed it was the worst thing ever and all that'd be available is an updated version of Pong.

The type of people who are likely to read/hear his comments will almost certainly have made up their own minds already.

DUH!!!!!!!! I take it you've not studied any form of business, either at degree, A level or even GCSE level!!!!!!!!!!!!! DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :indeed:

You'd be right to take it that way! Even at GCSE age I knew I didn't want to be sucking the corporate cock for a living!

And settle Jord my man, apart from a couple of dozen exclamation marks Kav wasn't being a mental or anything.

I have a question. I've preordered a 360 from Amazon, but im not in the first batch of consoles realeased. Do you think MS will get more out in time for christmas?

Anyone? :weep:

The only reason im typing this bit is because of the stupid 15 word rule or whatever.

...You'd be right to take it that way! Even at GCSE age I knew I didn't want to be sucking the corporate cock for a living!

but the corporate cock taste so ni.... erm, i mean, erm....

it's more common sense than anything though, you're best not talking negatively about a product of your own that is yet to go on sale!

Anyone? :weep:

The only reason im typing this bit is because of the stupid 15 word rule or whatever.

Hmmmm... when did you pre-order it? If you only did it during this month... good luck.

Hmmmm... when did you pre-order it? If you only did it during this month... good luck.

The second batch (so i've been told) should be in December, but quite near Xmas, but GAME stated we ain't promising anything. Overall it really wouldn't surprise me if we are talking Next year, (Jan-Feb time)

Supposeadly, Microsoft we be sending 150,000 Xbox360 weekly after launch, but i have no-idea if this is for Europe or if it's 100% true.

Microsoft have actually been 'very' quiet, lately. They really are putting all there efforts in, to make sure as many Xbox360's are availible at launch as possible....

:wink:

My dad works in Comet, so I preordered there (20% off). And because not many people buy games/consoles from comet they still have enough left for people to get on release date I think.

I think everyone should be able to get a core system without it going out of stock on launch day it's just the Premium system that you won't be getting on release if you haven't preordered from the end of August onwards.

My dad works in Comet, so I preordered there (20% off). And because not many people buy games/consoles from comet they still have enough left for people to get on release date I think.

Your right, i went to Comet in 'Clacton' and they didn't know what the Xbox360 was, (obviously this is bad, but they will get some in on launch day and no-one would of preordered)

Then i went to my other Comet in Colchester and i'm 4th in line, so no-one seems to be using the electronic stores, like PCWORLD...COMET, CURRYS etc..

You may not have any problems getting one on launch day, but it is better to be safe then sorry!

:grin:

If I do end up getting one it'll be from Currys, my cousin works there, so as well as probably being able to fix it for me to get one at launch he'd help me out with his staff discount (which I'm pretty sure he gets).

When are they gonna give us a list of release titles? Its getting pretty close to launch now and still nothing? What comes out on the day of release is the deciding factor of whether I get one on the first day or not.

After experiencing the King Kong demo, I'm pretty sure I will end up buying the game for either PC/360. Hmmm... which.

I'm still incredibly weary about the 360 launch. I preordered a Premium package ages ago. I still want one, but it just feels like theres no concrete titles... Know what i mean?

Kameo, seems rather linear and boring.

PD0 has had incredibly mixed impressions

PGR3 isn't my thing

Ridge Racer isn't going to make EU launch.

Neither is DoA4.

I might just buy the console and wait for reviews.

IGN say that Kameo feels like the most "next-gen" game on the 360, they even say it's got a "Nintendo feel" to it! That can only be good!

PD0 has had some mixed impressions, but i'll give it a go definately!

I'm not picking up the 360 on launch, I'll wait a short while until (i have money) a few more games (of my preference) are out!

I know, my list i wrote above of launch games is what 'Gamespot' has said, and it isn't 100% official, nearly though.

I cannot believe we ain't getting DOA4 for launch, i bet we have to wait longer for King Kong as well! Not forgetting Condemned what i REALLY wanted!

Hopefully, i'm still a little unsure, we will get PD0 at launch, but something keeps telling me it won't make it!

Hurry up Microsoft! We knew the Gamecube launch line-up quite a while in advance! we only have 2 more weeks in October then the console is launched in a month! Typical! :p