N-Europe

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Stocka

• Replies 28.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 360 from gameplay has been 'being picked' for ages, what in gods name are you doing whoever is 'picking it' HURRY UP! :wink:

and my games are still preordered, which is kinda worrying because i would hate not to get them with the console tomorrow! Also my plug and play kit and extra controller is still preordered!

Thankfully my Xbox360 order had Kameo and PDZ in it, all thats being picked!

Still everything will most probably be fine when i recieve it tomorrow! :laughing:

It's so fun and exciting! ;)

Just been reading a few forums. There are ALREADY people waiting at Asda stores, and probably Tesco stores too. How crazy is that? It isn't even midday yet.

I knew that was going to happen, this console is in HUGE demand and i mean HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Luck Asda campers!

:smile:

from a friend who works at Asda

Basically Ive been in work (asda) tonight (wednesday), and I was looking at the xbox 360 stuff in the office.

We're the biggest asda in the company, and from the 300,000 available in europe at launch we've got 18: 8 core and 10 full packages. Out of the how ever many asda's there are in the UK, only 60 stores have 360's for launch. Anyone near Milton Keynes get down there, they have the biggest allocation (20) out of all the asda's

Anyway at our store, the queue opens at 12 midday tomorrow (thursday), you get there and get given a token (ie. if youre the first person that asks for a core package you get token 1C, 1F if you want the full package)

You can have breaks of no loner than 20mins (sounds like work lol), and every hour a colleague will come and check you're still in the queue. If you miss 2 hourly checks you get scrubbed off the list.

If after 12 hours of sheer boredom stood in a queue listening to xmas songs on the radio and being stared at by passing customers, you can still walk over to the music and video counter, you will be rewarded with your shiny new console at 12.01am, Fri 2 dec.

Speaking to the manager, he says we will get more before xmas but I doubt he has that in writing.

should be fun to watch, gonna nip down at midnight to see if the games are on sale.

GAME just like to tease me don't they, just to rub it in my face, I got a email

"I am delighted to let you know that your Preorder for Xbox 360 Console will be with you shortly. The order will be despatched by your chosen delivery method in time to reach you for the morning of release."

I know i aren't getting one as they emailed me the other week, but this is just pushing it too far, damn jokers. ¬_¬

GAME just like to tease me don't they, just to rub it in my face, I got a email

"I am delighted to let you know that your Preorder for Xbox 360 Console will be with you shortly. The order will be despatched by your chosen delivery method in time to reach you for the morning of release."

I know i aren't getting one as they emailed me the other week, but this is just pushing it too far, damn jokers. ¬_¬

Print the mail, take it to the store and steal a 360.

Same here!

Thanks Gameplay! :bowdown:

Also i may well be selling a Xbox360 premium pack from tomorrow, although i cannot 100% confirm this, once i know and it's on ebay i'll let you guys know so you can bid on it if you like! I have well over 100 feedback and all but one are positive (someone gave me a negative because i didn't recieve their money, i mean WTF?).

So you can 100% trust me! I've sold on this board as well a couple of times.

Hope that helps anyone who cannot get one! :smile:

So you're going to help out your fellow forum users by selling it for thrice the price on eBay! Brilliant! You, sir, are a king among men.

So you're going to help out your fellow forum users by selling it for thrice the price on eBay! Brilliant! You, sir, are a king among men.

lol i was thinking th eexact same thing, but hey as my old business studies teacher once said " its supply and demand, if morans wanna pay a high price is instead of waiting, then let erm"

I must say wats getting me hyped most is the marketplace with free trailers for all the game demos of game inc fifa and kameo and then theres the themes and gamer pics i wasnt gonna bother buying any microsoft points but some of these themes and pics look ace i think ill get the rare and pdz theme and the condemned and cod pics check them out http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/marketplace/gamerpictures.htm

EDIT heres what should be available at launch for download taken from xbox.com

Amped® 3 (2K Sports)

Game trailer (free)

10 gamer pictures (20 points each)

One theme (150 points)

Call of Duty® 2 (Activision, Inc.)

Game trailer (free)

Seven gamer pictures (20 points each)

Two gamer picture bundles (40–80 points each)

One theme (150 points)

Condemned: Criminal Origins™ (SEGA®)

Game trailer (free)

10 gamer pictures (20 points each)

One theme (150 points)

FIFA 06: Road to FIFA World Cupâ„¢ (Electronic Arts)

Game trailer (free)

EA SPORTSâ„¢ trailer (free)

Game demo (free)

FIFA team logo gamer pictures (60 points each)

FIFA team logo themes (150 points each)

GUNâ„¢ (Activision, Inc.)

Game trailer (free)

Five gamer pictures (20 points each)

One gamer picture bundle (80 points)

One theme (150 points)

Kameo™: Elements of Power™ (Microsoft Game Studios and Rare®)Winter warrior pack (200 points)

Game trailer (free)

Game demo (free)

Four gamer pictures (20 points each)

Two gamer picture five-pack bundles (80 points each)

Seven themes (150 points each)

Madden NFL 06 (Electronic Arts)

Game trailer (free)

EA SPORTS trailer (free)

NFL logo gamer pictures (60 points each)

Collection of all NFL logo gamer pictures (500 points)

NFL logo themes (150 points each)

NBA 2K6 (2K Sports)

Game trailer (free)

NBA Live 06 (Electronic Arts)

EA SPORTS trailer (free)

Game demo (free)

Need for Speedâ„¢ Most Wanted (Electronic Arts)

Game trailer (free)

Game demo (free)

NHL® 2K6 (2K Sports)

Game trailer (free)

Perfect Dark Zeroâ„¢ (Microsoft Game Studios and Rare)

Game trailer (free)

Peter Jackson's King Kongâ„¢ (Ubisoft)

Game demo (free)

Game trailer (free)

Project Gotham Racing® 3 (Microsoft Game Studios and Bizarre Creations Ltd.)

Game trailer (free)

QUAKEâ„¢ 4 (Activision, Inc.; id Software Inc.; and Raven Software Corp.)

Game trailer (free)

Seven gamer pictures (20 points each)

One theme (150 points)

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® 06 (Electronic Arts)

EA SPORTS trailer (free)

Tony Hawk's American Wasteland (Activision, Inc.)

Game trailer (free)

10 gamer pictures (20 points)

One gamer picture bundle (80 points)

One theme (150 points)

Plus:

High-definition music video "Show Me How to Live" from Audioslave's Live in Cuba DVD

"Do You Want To" music video from Franz Ferdinand's new album, You Could Have It So Much Better

Aeon Flux HD movie trailer from Paramount

Pulse HD movie trailer from Magnolia Pictures

Penny Arcade gamer pictures and themes

Red vs. Blue videos

High-definition movie trailers and music videos

Game trailers for upcoming games

… and much more!

The exclusive launch content also includes the next-generation Xbox Live Arcade online service, which is fully integrated into the Xbox 360 Dashboard providing a central destination for Xbox 360 gamers to download new games, access their game collections, check out new releases, and experience around-the-game features. Xbox Live Arcade games will be available for 400, 800, or 1200 Points, with a majority of titles priced at 800 points or less.

Xbox Live Arcade for Xbox 360 games that will be available on November 22 include:

Bankshot Billiards 2™ (1200 points) – pixelStorm, Inc.

Bejeweled 2 (800 points) – Popcap Games

Gauntlet (400 points) – Midway Games, Inc.

Geometry Wars Retro Evolved (400 points) – Bizarre Creations

Hardwood Backgammon (400 points) – Silver Creek Entertainment

Hardwood Hearts (400 points) – Silver Creek Entertainment

Hardwood Spades (400 points) – Silver Creek Entertainment

Hexic® HD (full version included free with Xbox 360 System) – Microsoft Game Studios

Joust (400 points) – Midway Home Entertainment

Mutant Storm Reloaded (800 points) – PomPom Games

Outpost Kaloki (800 points) – Wahoo Studios

Robotron 2084 (400 points) – Midway Games, Inc.

Smash TV (400 points) – Midway Games, Inc.

Wik: Fable of Souls (800 points) – Reflexive Entertainment

Zuma (800 points) – Popcap Games

In addition, each Xbox Live Arcade game on Xbox 360 offers a fully playable trial version, enabling gamers to experience their favorite arcade games in high-definition before deciding to purchase.

"We're incredibly excited about providing gamers with what they want—inexpensive and entertaining digital content delivered right to their Xbox 360," says Peter Moore, Corporate Vice President of Worldwide Marketing and Publishing for Xbox® at Microsoft. "Xbox Live Marketplace puts the buying power directly into the consumer's hands, allowing each person to choose digital content they want, when they want it."

GAMEPLAY have totally just upset me. The console dispatching was great but the rest was a complete shambles... :weep:

The problem? Dispatching NONE of my preordered games but taking the money out!! of my debit card and not allowing to cancel my orders. I would not of even known of i didn't bother ringing up. :nono:

Tony Hawks, Condemned, Call Of Duty 2, Project Gotham Racing 3, Plug and Play Kit, Wireless Controller NONE OF IT will be dispatched until tomorrow! Not a problem you say? Well i'm sorry it is, it clearly states order now for delivery on day of release, and a company should never take money out of your card without dispatching the goods, theres well over £150+ taken out of my card and i have nothing coming for it! :nono:

Well thats it, NO-MORE, i cannot be bothered to keep looking at a damn account which is never updated and has no useful information.

*Oh and by the way, if you have not bought the games in the same order as your Xbox360 then this applies to you too! Some haven't even got a god-damn game coming to play on the console! What a joke*

THANKS SO MUCH GAMEPLAY for dampning my excitement just a bit. Your lucky i believe in second-chances.... :(

That is not completely accurate, i have an RGB cable and PDZ LE that wont be dispatched till tomorrow it looks like. PGR3 and Kameo are on their way though, and i ordered them seperately from the 360 as did i the play and charge kit.