NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Where did you here these rumours?

If it's true I'll probably import one, as they are PAL!

Rumor: Australia Gets Black, 120GB 360 In March

Rumors are circulating the web that Australian gamers are to get black Xbox 360's in a 120GB flavour. MS has of coursed refused to comment on any form of speculating, stemming from unofficial gaming websites. If the original source is anything to go by, this is most definitely wishful thinking.

source: http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=14174

This is SO frustrating!

I'm really keen to get a 360,

But with the rumour of a possible updated model in the works, but no release info...

and now this rumour of a black updated model as soon as march! but no release info...

I don't know what to do!

I don't want to buy one and then they release a 120GB model a couple of months later with better cooling etc... etc...

To top it all off, IGN had this to say in a recent article...

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/759/759057p1.html

IGN's Xbox 360 Predictions: 2007 Edition

Illuminate your new year with our 2007 forecast.

Xbox 360 v. 2.0 Doesn't Happen

Even with some mysterious pictures floating around the web that show an Xbox 360 with an HDMI port, we won't see a redesigned Xbox 360 this year. Time and time again, Microsoft representatives have told us that the thing they love about the Xbox 360 is that it is modular and easily updated with software, making a redesign unnecessary. If they want to add a new dashboard feature, they can just update their operating system through Xbox Live and its all set. If they want to add an HD-DVD drive, they can release one and have it attach through a USB port. If they want to release a bigger hard drive, say one that is 100 GB in size, then they can do that, too.

In fact, they will release a larger hard drive this year. The market is already clamoring for one thanks to the Video Marketplace and Microsoft has always said they would release one if they think the demand is high enough. We already have one of these bigger hard drives in our office on a test unit. How long until you can buy one of them in a store? This fall Microsoft will release a 100 GB hard drive as an add-on to replace the current 20 GB one currently on store shelves.

So no smaller revised Xbox 360 according to IGN, which is fine, but what about an updated system?

And are they saying, there will be a 100GB Hard Drive console then and not then much rumored 120GB HD?

Are they saying it will launch seperate to the console or be bundled with it instead of the 20GB.

And Fall!! That's ages away!! and different to alot of rumours!

It's such a confusing time to buy a 360!!

Is there any ingame footage for Haze???
No, there's just the in game screens and the trailer at the moment! Looks awesome doesn't it!

It looks stunning! Are there any details at all on it?

It's being made by Free Radical (the people who made the Timesplitters games), so the only detail I can give you for certain is that it will play like a dream.

It looks stunning! Are there any details at all on it?

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/707/707639p1.html

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/707/707042p1.html

Free Radical is also looking to explore more than just the basic action that takes place in a war game. Creative Director David Doak addressed the fact that most games drop you into a war and then you simply fight until you drop or pass the level. In Haze, you'll explore moral issues such as the killing of innocents, destroying villages and more.
Sounds cool!

OK, that sounds frigging AWESOME!!! Is there any reckoning as to when it might be released?...apart from 2007...

Damn Ubisoft are gonna do well out of me...I can't wait for Assassin's Creed aswell!

Haze looks really pretty. I saw that black 360 info on engadget. Its a shame. Plus that info about newer 360's getting quieter disc drives. I wihs they could let you upgrade for free.

I cant wait for Assassins Creed aswell, ever since I saw it was PS3 only I was jealous, then it was announced for the 360 I was wetting myself.

I really can't wait for Assassin's Creed! Did anyone else catch the spoiler?....I did...:eek::(:cry:

Calza: When you sign up you need to press a button to change it to games as well. It says something like "want to rent games, press here!"

I really can't wait for Assassin's Creed! Did anyone else catch the spoiler?....I did...:eek::(:cry:
Yeah Assassins Creed is probably my most anticipated 360 game (dispite having to actually get the console first!)!! Resi 5 might just get that title, but there's just no news on that and I don't expect it to be out until late 2008 at the earliest!

Thankfully I haven't heard the spoiler! and I'm going to try and stay away from a lot of Assassins Creed info and trailers now (like I did with Zelda) to get the most out of it!

Calza: When you sign up you need to press a button to change it to games as well. It says something like "want to rent games, press here!"

They still havn't verified me yet but I though it said that if you change your package then the trial ends. I'll give them another day and then I'll see whats happening.

The shivering isles will have an extra 250 gamerpoints which is pretty cool and it seems people are already picking up on the new achievement scheme. Still need to buy Oblivion though, any know where it's dirt cheap? :D

Yeah Assassins Creed is probably my most anticipated 360 game (dispite having to actually get the console first!)!! Resi 5 might just get that title, but there's just no news on that and I don't expect it to be out until late 2008 at the earliest!

Thankfully I haven't heard the spoiler! and I'm going to try and stay away from a lot of Assassins Creed info and trailers now (like I did with Zelda) to get the most out of it!

There isn't a spoiler in the footage released so far and you will probably find out the spoiler pretty early on in the game, so its not such a big loss!::shrug:

But its always a good choice to stay away from spoilers!

There isn't a spoiler in the footage released so far and you will probably find out the spoiler pretty early on in the game, so its not such a big loss!::shrug:

But its always a good choice to stay away from spoilers!

Yeah I've watched the five minute gameplay video (which is incredible) and the first official trailer, but from now on I don't want to see too many other levels/locations etc...

The shivering isles will have an extra 250 gamerpoints which is pretty cool and it seems people are already picking up on the new achievement scheme. Still need to buy Oblivion though, any know where it's dirt cheap? :D

An extra 250 points, sounds cool.

Oblivion is £30 at play.com

£30 at amazon.

£22.99 at gameplay.

If you check instore I'm guessing the cheapest will be around £22.99 as thats what most preowned games in gamestation were when I checked 360 games.

Still need to buy Oblivion though, any know where it's dirt cheap? :D

Argos, £25 or 2 for £40. Good list of games in the deal too!

Thanks guys, was hoping it would be a bit cheaper so it looks like i'll wait til I have a bit more money as i'm skint at the moment :(

No doubt you've done it but if you try ebay, no doubt someone should have it down to £18 or there abouts. I'm sure I've seen it for that much somewhere, but I cant recall where.

I've just opened a current account, and once I've gotten the debit card through the post, I'm going to get some Live points and a game. I'm split between Call of Duty 3 and Lost Planet, as I want a good multiplayer shooter. Anyone care to help me in my decision?

Sunday night, around 9 -10pm, Gears of War anyone?

I've just opened a current account, and once I've gotten the debit card through the post, I'm going to get some Live points and a game. I'm split between Call of Duty 3 and Lost Planet, as I want a good multiplayer shooter. Anyone care to help me in my decision?

Gears of war by far is the most fun i've had online since Halo 2.

I would but I sold it the other week due to not being able to hook up with people in Ranked matches, annoyed the hell out of me that did. I will probably pick it up again if they sort that out and add some multiplayer modes where teams arent required. I like to have the option of playing me against everyone.

I would but I sold it the other week due to not being able to hook up with people in Ranked matches, annoyed the hell out of me that did. I will probably pick it up again if they sort that out and add some multiplayer modes where teams arent required. I like to have the option of playing me against everyone.

You sold the game due to not playing ranked matches with your friends? JESUS! Just play player match, damn ...

You sold the game due to not playing ranked matches with your friends? JESUS! Just play player match, damn ...

just what i was thinking, as much as we love HoT he does make some funny decisions at times . . .

in other news, i'm really getting back into oblivion! :D woooo! : peace:

Gears of war by far is the most fun i've had online since Halo 2.

Me too.:wink:

I would get that if I didn't already have it.