NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Can someone please just tell me what's so great about the 360? It's only got better graphics. If that's what you're looking for, wait a while to get a PS3 which will make the 360 look outdated. If you're looking for online play, why pay for it. Nintendo wi-Fi will be free (and probably better than Xbox live). To top it off, Nintendo have the best next-gen controller. So I don't really see anything that great about the 360 and in my opinion, there's no point in buying one.....

Whats so good? Dude, the 360 is worth buying just for its Live features.

Consoles are always down to the games for me. I look at the 360 and see really good titles that will be out when the system arrives this year. I'd like to play PGR3, Perfect Dark Zero, Ghost Recon Advance Warfighter, Dead or Alive 4, Kameo and Ridge Racer 6. I know that they have a chance to end up being crap and all, but I'm willing to bet that some of them won't be and I shall be first inline to try play these new great next gen games.

Can someone please just tell me what's so great about the 360? It's only got better graphics. If that's what you're looking for, wait a while to get a PS3 which will make the 360 look outdated. If you're looking for online play, why pay for it. Nintendo wi-Fi will be free (and probably better than Xbox live). To top it off, Nintendo have the best next-gen controller. So I don't really see anything that great about the 360 and in my opinion, there's no point in buying one.....

*SLAP*!!

Best looking console, good third party support, amazing launch titles including perfect dark zero and kameo, Online gaming.

The graphics are about the same on PS3 conpared to the 360 so that outdated garbage is thrown out of the window.

*SLAP*!!

Best looking console, good third party support, amazing launch titles including perfect dark zero and kameo, Online gaming.

The graphics are about the same on PS3 conpared to the 360 so that outdated garbage is thrown out of the window.

Yeah, exactly.

I'm getting an Xbox 360 the moment I can afford one.

Shit I have a friend who uses Gentoo Linux all the time but he wants to get an Xbox 360. (Sure he wants to be able to crack it and play games for free but shit)...

This is probably the first time in ages a console has had an interesting launch title line up.

Seriously think about it.

*SLAP*!!

Precisely, devs have already stated that the PS3 and 360 are very close in terms of graphical power.

The thing is, even if PS3 has slightly more power, I've heard 360 can still perform better visually. Power isn't everything you know. Also, 360 and REV will be easy to develop for, whereas i've heard PS3 won't and developers are starting to drop support because it is expensive and difficult to develop for.

Sorry to be the 5th person to go on at you about this.

----

Xbox Live is awesome, the best thing about the Xbox, I wouldn't play it if I didn't have XBL, I bought it for XBL. There is no way Nintendo can make a better online service, with the way the DS is going I doubt they'll have a decent online service at all, no voice-chat in Mario Kart or Animal Crossing, you don't even get a name, just a "gamer code" and by the sounds of it you get a different one for every game!

And one more thing... Halo 3 is going to come out for the Xbox 360!!!!!! That's reason enough to buy it.

Anyone know how much the games are going to be? Gameplay have listed them as £39.99, which although would be fairly normal for a shop, its expensive because GC/PS2/Xbox games are all £10 cheaper than RRP(All £29.99)

I hope this doesn't hint towards the games being as much as £45-£50 in shops and £40 on net :hmm:

Anyone know how much the games are going to be? Gameplay have listed them as £39.99, which although would be fairly normal for a shop, its expensive because GC/PS2/Xbox games are all £10 cheaper than RRP(All £29.99)

I hope this doesn't hint towards the games being as much as £45-£50 in shops and £40 on net :hmm:

I think the games in game shops will be £44.99-£49.99! sadly...

Good old gameplay will most probably sell them at £37.99-£39.99!

Gamestation BETTER let me trade my £300 in credit notes for Xbox360 games or there will be HELL to pay! :wink: (seriously, lol)

Yes, both PD0 and Kameo have online co-op (thank you Rare!) I'll be getting mine on launch day.

You're brilliant!

Of course Nintendo's online setup will be far better than Xbox Live, they've had so much experience with it and showed so much interest thus far.

Whereabouts did you try out all the new controllers? Which games have you played with them?

Do tell!

Yes, both PD0 and Kameo have online co-op (thank you Rare!) I'll be getting mine on launch day.

Kameo has online co-op??!!! :shock:

I can't wait for the 360 myself, it's gonna be a blast! :D

However, I'm gonna wait until after Christmas to get it - I got other commitments such as uni and getting people presents. I've asked for a 360 as a gift, I've said even if it's the only thing I get this Christmas (with a game obviously :p) I'm not bothered, but everyone is still saying no. :( If I get enough cash I'll get me a 360 afterwards and PD Zero will be one of my first 360 games. Yayness!! ^_^

Kameo has online co-op??!!! :shock:

Yeah, but you both play as Kameo. Which is slightly strange.

Yeah, but you both play as Kameo. Which is slightly strange.

Two Masterchiefs works just fine.

It's better to suspend your disbelief and just get on with it.

One the major plus points of playing co-op is you have someone other than yourself to blame when things don't go so well. (If you find yourself playing a game with Guy be careful not to get him in one of his huffs).

I've preordered from Play.com and just received this email...

"Dear CHARLIE DOUGLAS

Thank you for your recent order with Play.com.

At Play.com, we value your custom and take your online security very

seriously. With this in mind we have an additional security check in place

for high value orders.

To perform this check we ask that you contact our Large Order Department

on 0845 800 1020 ( UK only ) or +44 (0)1534 877 595 ( outside UK ). Please

have the card registered on the account to hand so that we can process

your order as quickly as possible.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you

and thank you for your patience and valued custom.

Kind Regards

Play

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and

intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they

are addressed. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you

have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your

system.

Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those

of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.

Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments

for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for

any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

Play.com, PO Box 192, St Helier, Jersey JE4 8RP http://www.PLAY.com

"

Is this someone trying to con me or should I actually phone up?

You're brilliant!

Of course Nintendo's online setup will be far better than Xbox Live, they've had so much experience with it and showed so much interest thus far.

Whereabouts did you try out all the new controllers? Which games have you played with them?

Do tell!

:hehe: marry me!

Have we heard anything about the webcam? Can you just use any USB webcam or do you have to buy an official one?

Whos's going to get one? Which games can you use it for? The only one that I know about is GR4...

I'm getting a 360 at launch, thing is I can't decide which game to get. In your oppinions, what looks better PDZ or kameo?