NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

I got what will likely be my last Xbox game: Star Trek. You may have seen it get some terrible reviews.

However, I loved it. It's not a AAA title, but it's still really good. This is far from a terrible game, as it has pretty solid mechanics, a great story, good dialogue between Kirk and Spock, varied level design and it's not as repetitive as you might think. Co-op is also really good. There are bugs, but it's nowhere near as common as certain sites (like Gametrailers) would leave to to believe (play 12 hours of Skyrim and you'll likely experience more). Of course, that's what the publishers get when these places have to buy their own copy.

Dark Souls is currently £8.99 to download through the marketplace. This is an amazing price and if you haven't played it yet, you're wrong. Just wrong. Get it now.

It will likely be gone by the time I give the first game another try.

Is that only for gold members?

A stupid question really as given Microsoft's track record, it most likely is. Shame as I've been thinking of giving Dark Souls a go.

Yeah, that's the Gold price, Silver is £14.99 in which case you'd be better off finding a physical copy with the DLC when it goes on offer. The DLC is also reduced to 600 points. Funny, my XBL Gold just ran out yesterday, I have 1700 points to use and wasn't planning to renew Gold, now there's this one DLC pack I'd like on offer... :p

I've been playing my entire backlog of 360 titles, including a few replays as of late.

Bioshock Infinite = Done

Hitman Absolution = Done

AC:III = Progressing

Skyrim = Too much left

GoW: Judgement = Not Done (2 missions left, then never again because it's bad)

Tomb Raider = Next

Once i've done Judgement, i'll be returning to the GoW trilogy to replay that. I got enough to keep me going until the next gen, maybe Black Flag and GTA as well to add to list to keep me amused over the holidays.

Dark Souls is currently £8.99 to download through the marketplace. This is an amazing price and if you haven't played it yet, you're wrong. Just wrong. Get it now.

Damn, I'd be on that right now if I hadn't sworn off buying any more games until I clear at least some of my prodigious backlog (which includes an as-yet unplayed Civ V, so it's going to be a while).

If you're a Gold member, Fable III can be downloaded for free on Marketplace, Games on Demand.

Can't seem to find it through the site, goes to a minisite instead, guess you have to do it through the console and probably Gold members only... ah well I own it already :heh: just like getting things for free!

Can't seem to find it through the site, goes to a minisite instead

I really don't understand why they did this. The Xbox.com store used to be brilliant, now it's extremely hard to find anything on there.

They turned Fable 2 into some kind of "episodic" game, with the first part free.

They turned Fable 2 into some kind of "episodic" game, with the first part free.

I know that but they put up the full game for free by mistake the year F3 came out.

Sorry if old but skipped a few pages.

I had to laugh -

V5rYDOL.jpg

Mountain Dew® and Doritos® Brands Will Offer THOUSANDS of Microsoft Xbox One Systems through Biggest Gaming Promotion in Brand History

Promotion Kicks off in Fall 2013; Register for Updates Today at http://www.DEWandDORITOS.com

PURCHASE, N.Y. and PLANO, TEXAS, June 10, 2013 – Gaming fans in the U.S. will soon be able to experience the next level of play thanks to the biggest gaming promotion in Mountain Dew and Doritos brand history.

This fall, celebrating a new generation of gaming, the Mountain Dew and Doritos brands will give fans the opportunity to get their hands on THOUSANDS of Xbox One consoles, the all-in-one gaming and entertainment system.

To get started, gaming enthusiasts can sign up now at DEWandDORITOS.com for updates.

“The Mountain Dew and Doritos brands are going to reward gamers in the biggest way possible this year with a variety of opportunities to get their hands on the new Xbox One,” said Larry “Major Nelson” Hryb. “We’ll be sharing more details throughout the summer, but rest assured that DEW and Doritos are creating something that is truly befitting of our epic new generation hardware.”