NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Here some details regarding the VGA 2008 which happen at 2am.

• Marisa Miller, who just got done prancing for Victoria's Secret, and will cavort on the cover of the Sports Illustrated swimsuit edition, is going to be involved in this ultra-double-secret announcement about Gears of War 2 tonight.

• "Xbox fans are really gonna like how (host Jack Black) opens the show. There'll be a big surprise, how he opens the show," said Keighley.

• First gameplay footage for God of War 3. Exclusive premiers and trailers also for Uncharted 2, Mafia II, Grand Theft Auto: The Lost and the Damned, Terminator Salvation, Watchmen: The End is Nigh, and Jack Black's own Brütal Legend. Keighley said there will also be announcements regarding unnamed games no one even knows about yet.

• "Every segment will have a new world exclusive," Keighley said. "Every five to seven minutes." Sounds good, but aren't there supposed to be some awards handed out?

• Peter Moore will unveil Fight Night Round 4, we knew that. But Gametrailers says it features "a virtual bout between two legends of the ring." I'm halfway hoping that means the boxers themselves are playing the game, but it probably just means gameplay footage. Either way, let's hope the fighters are new and/or interesting.

• Boldface names live in attendance include Cliffy B and Hideo Kojima. Will Wright will receive a lifetime achievement award.

Seeing as I have no commitments tomorrow I´m gonna watch it.

Any recommended site to watch it from?

Finally in-game footage from Brutal Legend :yay:

That game will make 2009 awesome for me!

• Marisa Miller, who just got done prancing for Victoria's Secret, and will cavort on the cover of the Sports Illustrated swimsuit edition, is going to be involved in this ultra-double-secret announcement about Gears of War 2 tonight.

GO TO DLC! GO TO DLC! -.-

• "Xbox fans are really gonna like how (host Jack Black) opens the show. There'll be a big surprise, how he opens the show," said Keighley.

Lemme guess, he'll be playing GH?

• First gameplay footage for God of War 3. Exclusive premiers and trailers also for Uncharted 2, Mafia II, Grand Theft Auto: The Lost and the Damned, Terminator Salvation, Watchmen: The End is Nigh, and Jack Black's own Brütal Legend. Keighley said there will also be announcements regarding unnamed games no one even knows about yet.

Sweet

You can watch it live from

http://www.spike.com/event/vga/page/live-camera?streamId=3075821

Im actually tempted to watch it live myself. Ive had an afternoon nap today and im finished work for Christmas now so I can just have a long sleep tomorrow.

I just checked the presenter list at:

http://www.doublefine.com/news.php

It´s like a rapper and Boxer convention and Neil Patrick Harris which is great.

Won´t let that put me off though.

whats terminator salvation? never heard of it :|

im at the point on GH WT on expert where ive done bout 2 thirds of the songs and the rest are just impossible to me anyways

i "think" im coming to the end of last remenant really enjoyed it...shocking theres a achivement to get 140g! just for defeating "the fallen" looking forward to facing him. currently battle rank 56

whats terminator salvation? never heard of it :|
I've just made a thread for it which includes the trailer. I think it looks great!!

@ BeerMonkey - What's Last Remnant like? Kinda looking for an RPG to mop up some of my time and with this sitting at £19.99 in Gamestation I'm very tempted.

My xbox has stopped reading disks... started with GoW2 a couple of days ago, now Fallout 3 and a DVD aren't working. They seem to work in about 1/10 attempts. This happened to anyone else? Will MS replace it if it's in warranty?

it's out of its standard warranty, do you think i could force RRoD then it might get fixed?

edit: its really weird :/ it doesnt work on one dvd and one game so far, but everything else i've tested works. makes a strange grunting whirr when I put these couple of discs in and then just acts as though nothing's in there.

edit: its really weird :/ it doesnt work on one dvd and one game so far, but everything else i've tested works. makes a strange grunting whirr when I put these couple of discs in and then just acts as though nothing's in there.

Perhaps those two disks are dual-layered and the others you've tried aren't? If a DVD drive is on its way out then then the larger capacity disks will be the first to sound the alarms.

You could always give Microsoft a ring and see if they'll sort you out. And if not, make like a good Hitchhiker and know where your towel is; it's time to euthanise.

Perhaps those two disks are dual-layered and the others you've tried aren't? If a DVD drive is on its way out then then the larger capacity disks will be the first to sound the alarms.

You could always give Microsoft a ring and see if they'll sort you out. And if not, make like a good Hitchhiker and know where your towel is; it's time to euthanise.

Ah I thought you were on to something there, but it turns out Scrubs and Smallville are both dual layered, one works and not the other. Weird thing is that it decides in an instant which games/dvds it will play and which it will not. I don't think I'll ring them, heard bad things :/ might have to find the ol' towel.

Bit worried however that if I go the RRoD route, they might replace the mobo and send it back with the same faulty dvd drive -_-

Well, you could always head down to Zavvi, buy an Arcade for under £100 and then 'return' it. Could be problematic if they don't want to give you a refund, though.

they might not fall for it since I have a black elite :heh: repair charge with MS is £48 online. Ah heck I might just do that, if I'm lucky I'll get it back around Christmas.

edit: make that £55 ¬_¬ sneaky VAT

GAH. MS won't accept my card. I've been through this a dozen times, they don't accept my card through the xbox, through the website market place, through anything... they don't accept my g/f's card or even my parents' cards either >.<

FINE. Time to make my 360 more 'comfortable', if you know what I mean.

As some of you know, I'm on my 3rd 360. The last few weeks, any DVD I whip in makes the console rattle like a badass. Is this common? Like, LOUD rattling constantly? I figure its something to do with either the fan or the disk tray itself, the noises seem to stop for a few seconds if I slap the side of the console. And I take it its not covered under any warranty...

GAH. MS won't accept my card. I've been through this a dozen times, they don't accept my card through the xbox, through the website market place, through anything... they don't accept my g/f's card or even my parents' cards either >.<

FINE. Time to make my 360 more 'comfortable', if you know what I mean.

You don't have much look with ur cards when it comes to the 360 do u? <Thinks back to the whole B&K incident>

@ CooInTheZoo - Sounds like a problem with the disc drive. I had a similar problem before my console died on me. Luckily it was RRoD so it was free repair. But if that's the only problem with your's then I don;t know about repairs. When did you get it? I could well still be covered by warranty.

Even if it isn't RROD, just tell them it is, if it needs fixing it needs fixing, you shouldn't have to foot the bill for repairs after shelling out on the console.

The last two consoles had RRoD, and were repaired free. This one was sent... I dunno, February time? And I always thought you didn't get a renewed warranty for each console replacement?

Either way, I think I'll call after Crimbo and lie about it having the red rings, the worst they can do is TRY to charge me, right?

EDIT: ARGH!! Every time I try to sign into the Xbox website it tries to make me create a new account. Whats going on?!

The last two consoles had RRoD, and were repaired free. This one was sent... I dunno, February time? And I always thought you didn't get a renewed warranty for each console replacement?

Either way, I think I'll call after Crimbo and lie about it having the red rings, the worst they can do is TRY to charge me, right?

As long as you say that it's definitely the three red lights and that the console won't even properly turn on then they will ask no further questions, also mention that it's the third time it's happened and how dissapointed you are and you may even get a free game or something as well for your trouble, maybe not though but hey worth a try. :smile:

I just sent my 360 back today with disk drive problems. I couldn't make it RRoD even by wrapping it in towels, paying £55 for this.

On the site it asks "do you have 3 red lights?" with a yes/no box, and underneath it says if they dont get the red lights when they try it, they'll send your xbox back unfixed and charge you for shipment.

I just sent my 360 back today with disk drive problems. I couldn't make it RRoD even by wrapping it in towels, paying £55 for this.

On the site it asks "do you have 3 red lights?" with a yes/no box, and underneath it says if they dont get the red lights when they try it, they'll send your xbox back unfixed and charge you for shipment.

If you do it over the phone this never happens.

@ CooInTheZoo - If it was a console replacement sent in February, you'll have an extended warranty on that console which should at least cover you for a year so you should be able to get it repaired for free, especially if your previous consoles have had RRoDs. And like SCG says, just mention it's the third time one of their consoles have failed on you and kick up a little hell and you'll get definitely get it repaired for free and get something other out of it, probably only a 1 month free Xbox Live gold card.