NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

V...g...a....caaaaaabllleee....

If you mean you want one.

Buy mine, £10 posted 1st class.

Perfect Nick, just think HD is shit.

EDIT: It's offical and been used for liek 3 days.

I really don't want to resort to buying a 3rd party cable... any ideas?

You really don't. Comparatively the Joytech connectors are far inferior to the official Microsoft ones. Whilst Joytech accessories will elict a gentle smile, the official Microsoft cables are said to cause water to inexplicably erupt from a person's eyes in amazement.

To translate, don't go unofficial unless you want your beautiful HD images ruled by a horrible race of text ghosts and colours that look like they've been through the wash a few times.

Caris, got any pictures?

If it looks in good nick etc, i'll definatly be interested.

Caris, got any pictures?

He just contacted me via MSN. He's worried you're a scraper.

Caris, got any pictures?

Yea its perfect, MSN me and ill show you it on webcam.

[email protected]

Tomb Raider: Legends for Xbox360 has supposadely been brought forward to the 7th April as well!

I hope so! Can anyone confirm that is is correct?

Aye m8 looks like your right :)

they have updated the date on Gameplay aswell :D

Perfect Nick, just think HD is shit.

Is that sarcasm, or do you mean 'it's the shit'?

I got a 3rd party vga cable from ebay, don't even know what brand it is, works a charm tho. You get a nice feeling connection when you plug it into the back of your xbox.

I wanted to plug it into the same monitor as my pc as my pc uses the DVI connection, but it wont swap between the two. Once I plug the xbox into the vga slot it swaps to that and wont switch back with out loads of fiddling around.

Got Burnout today and played it for a little bit. I have to say that its amazingly fast. Like I said before in another post its the first time I have played a Burnout game so I will have to get used to the speed. The graphics are pretty sweet on it aswell.

Nope i think HD IS SHIT.

Really? I noticed a huge difference from my old set to my Samsung LCD. I think the major plus of having a HDTV is you don't see the pixels if you get what i mean, on a LCD it's a smooth picture? :)

It all depends on the graphics of the actual game as well doesn't it though? Hopefully Oblivion will show exactly what the 360 can do and more and will look fantastic on a HDTV!

It might of been over-hyped a little bit, but i'm very impressed. :)

I dunno, PG3 has so many jaggies on a HD-TV - it was like a first generation PS2 game in that respect or something. :x But it's fine on a normal telly.

You guys must have crappy HDtv's.

My 50" HDTV wil be here monday :yay:

But you haven't tried it have you?

I would imagine the jaggies would be even more apparent on a larger screen.

Nope i think HD IS SHIT.

I'll buy your telly for a tenner then.

You guys must have crappy HDtv's.

My 50" HDTV wil be here monday :yay:

Cool! What make is it? Have you got a pic! 50 inches wouldn't fit in my room! LOL :smile:

I have a 17" HDTV in my bedroom and it's miles better than Standard Def.

The 50" is Sony bravida.

kdfe50a11e-5.jpg

I will post more images when i get it on monday :yay:

Everything is fine on my HDTV, it all looks great. I fail to see why "HD is shit".

Diemetrix, how much is that TV setting you back?

the thing is, if you live in england, and say you dont have a 360, then hdtv is shit. i mean your gonna get worse quality then crt tv. also, where are the full rez HDTVs?

I dunno, PG3 has so many jaggies on a HD-TV - it was like a first generation PS2 game in that respect or something. :x But it's fine on a normal telly.

Word to that.

the thing is, if you live in england, and say you dont have a 360, then hdtv is shit. i mean your gonna get worse quality then crt tv. also, where are the full rez HDTVs?

This man is right. We get high definition diddly in the UK at the moment, but we're still future-proofing our bedrooms for the NEXT LEVEL of home entertainment. That's of course assuming the companies responsible for HD-DVD and Blu-Ray don't fuck us all over.

I'll happily state that my GameCube looks quite nice on the HDTV via a cruddy RGB connection and that DVDs played on the Xbox 360 upscaled to 576p vary greatly on the quality of the disc. Older shows fare terribly, animation looks a bit rubbish and The Lord of the Rings extended editions look amazing.

I'll be honest, when I look at stuff I've watched on my TV on the CRT televisions in the house I find myself a little jealous of the black levels and sharpness I don't seem to accomplish with my Samsung. But the Xbox 360 does look quite incredible and therefore warrents the poverty I have rendered myself with in buying it.

Here are a few shots I took of the GameCube chugging along. I realised I hadn't exactly posted some setup pics from the request before, so these can do until I can be arsed.

Please note the supremacy of Pikachu with the baseball cap.

IMG_0577.jpg

IMG_0579.jpg