NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

The pleasures of being late to the 360 party.

I noticed that shopto are doing Overlord for £9.99 and it was something I was keen on picking up (being a Pikmin fan) so I couldn't resist it at that price.

Arrived today and it seems like a solid enough , fun and enjoyable game , still very early on though and the lack of a map may be a problem , but should be good practice for Overlord 2 when it hits.

I may need to start work on the games backlog soon though , as it's getting a little out of control.

FINALLY managed to bag a copy of Battle Fantasia the other night and it arrived this morning. Its pretty sweet actually, not a patch on SFIV but still a really enjoyable beat 'em up. Anyone else got it? Its had a really limited release here and its a shame because it would be great to be able to find a match online but there's no-one out there!!!

I got it for the PS3, its a shame it got completely overshadowed by SFIV. It really is a good game in its own right.

The week ended and... I didn't spot any free MS points from coca-cola?

I found out today that i shouldnt play my xbox360 while its standing, it broke 2 of my games, laser burn or somethin :( Only had them for about 2 weeks. I called up gamestation told what happened and they'll replace the 2 games. They also said that the xbox360 isnt broken and should be played lying on its side.

Tell them to get stuffed, the 360 is broke if you can't use it while standing up...

What Caris said. It is designed to be played either way, hence how the green lights change position depending which way you have ur console...

Its like GAME telling me a few weeks ago that my controller wasn't faulty even though as soon as i started using it both joysticks were unbarably squeeky (after the manager saying that though he still changed it for me).

I thought so too, got it replaced just now and they replaced the 2 games. I took no for an answer and kept going on untill he agreed that the 360 was faulty.

^ well done. Don't let those idiots make you settle for less than you should get. Can't believe they tried to fob you off by saying you have to play the 360 on its side otherwise it'll wreck the discs. Actually, I can believe it but really it's disgraceful they said it in the first place. At least they did replace it though.

to be fair, gamestation said the same to me when i got my console. I had my 360 upright and it ruined my viva pinata disk (which they swapped for me). Ever since then I've laid it flat and it's never happened since - So it would seem they're right....

anyone know if a american copy of GH:metallica will work on a PAL 360 (wishful thinking?) if so i can grab in america then :D

I heard that Videogames Plus have confirmed it to be region free or something, so it should work.

Play Asia are usually very accurate on stating what is region free, and according to their site it would be fine.

I was wondering, regarding what I asked quite a while ago with the Live renewal, if my card got canceled and I got a new card but the old card's details are still linked on my Live account will they just cancel the renewal thing? It's probably a silly question but it'd save me ringing up. I won't get charged by my bank or anything would I?

I was wondering, regarding what I asked quite a while ago with the Live renewal, if my card got canceled and I got a new card but the old card's details are still linked on my Live account will they just cancel the renewal thing? It's probably a silly question but it'd save me ringing up. I won't get charged by my bank or anything would I?

If the details are now incorrect, they can't charge you, but you are going to need to add your new card anyway to purchase points aren't you? unless you buy points cards of course which I often do, same with subs, I'm sure there is a setting somewhere you can change so that it doesn't auto renew though...

I don't think you will get charged on the old cancelled card, make sure that the card details are no longer registered to the account just to make sure that no monies go out.

Had a multiplayer session with my mate on NBA 2k9 over the weekend, handed him is rear end on a plate. Final score was 98-43.

Done a few levels of Lost Planet. I don't think I'll bother playing any more. Mainly due to the clunkiest controls I've ever used in a game....well...I thought it was clunky then I jumped into one of those walking tank things...which was even clunkier. I was relieved when I had one that turned into a bike...but it turns out that the bike controls are somehow even clunkier than the walking mode.

Edited by Cube

Done a few levels of Lost Planet. I don't think I'll bother playing any more. Mainly due to the clunkiest controls I've ever used in a game....well...I thought it was clunky then I jumped into one of those walking tank things...which was even clunkier. I was relieved when I had one that turned into a bike...but it turns out that the bike controls are somehow even clunkier than the walking mode.

turn up the sensetivity to max.

turn up the sensetivity to max.

Turning/Aiming is OK, it's everything else that's clunky.

Edit: The controls don't seem to be as clunky in the online mode.

Edited by Cube

How 'big' is Mass Effect? As in how many hours would it take to finish if I were to casually play through trying to do all the quests and what I think are side missions? I've just started it and just picked up the second girl on the pilgrimage thing and was just wondering how long it's gonna take.

It's...fairly long. By western standards anyway. It's no JRPG-multi-disc-jesus-christ-get-to-the-fucking-point-you-faux-literaté-cockends 70 hour snorefest, but there's meat on the bones. I'd guess at 15-20, depending on your thirst for sidequests and exploration.

Also it depends if you just head straight for the next highlighted planet, there's only about 5 big main missions so it'll be over in no time if you don't digress at all, or if you play on too easy a setting.

Think my first run through on Mass Effect took about 30+ hours but then I went and explored most of, if not all, of the little smaller worlds you can go to and did quite a lot of the side quests. Subsequent ones took about 20 or so hours without all that messing about.

Cheers guys. Good to know.

Also it seems Microsoft has taken money out of a non existent credit card... I don't understand how my renewal for Live has still gone through. I better not get charged more because of this.