NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Should only be for games. Anything idea giving you achievements outside of games should be shot down immediatly.

Anything to encourage people to RRoD their consoles 'i.e. play it to death"

Achievements should only be for the games.

Better yet, call it "Til death to us part"

But yeah sounds pretty stupid.

Do it!!! And put an achievement in for getting the RROD :p I'd love to see that one, and people's reactions!

If they do non-game stuff then they'll probably allow demos to have one to four achievements.

I really hope that demo's don't come with achievements. They're free so it'll really encourage whoring, and just become a bit of a joke.

I can understand that they want to keep their gamerscore idea innovative and ahead of the competition, but they should be encouraging unlockable content rather than arbitrary ways to get more points -- stuff like extra avatar clothing, maybe free arcade/classics games if you reach a certain score, free themes...

I really hope that demo's don't come with achievements. They're free so it'll really encourage whoring, and just become a bit of a joke.

I can understand that they want to keep their gamerscore idea innovative and ahead of the competition, but they should be encouraging unlockable content rather than arbitrary ways to get more points -- stuff like extra avatar clothing, maybe free arcade/classics games if you reach a certain score, free themes...

I agree. Unlocking stuff via achievements is definatly the way to go, imo.

Can anyone tell me why Street Fighter and Resi 5 are already selling for under £30 when they are only just about to be released?

It would be awesome if say, for example, if you have 1000G in Burnout Paradise, then you get one of the cars for free (of course, you'll still have to pay the same amount if you want the whole lot of them as it'll be cheaper than getting the rest separately).

Can anyone tell me why Street Fighter and Resi 5 are already selling for under £30 when they are only just about to be released?

Credit Crunch = High Street Deals.

So I got myself some XBL points and straight away got the map pack for COD4. Any recommendations on other downloads? games etc

So I got myself some XBL points and straight away got the map pack for COD4. Any recommendations on other downloads? games etc

Castle Crashers, Geometry Wars 2, SF2 HDR, Braid...

There are way too many good XBLA games :)

Geometry Wars 2, N+, Braid, Bionic Commando, Bomberman Live...

There's loads.

I've probably spent about £100 on XBLA and DLC. It's a bit too easy to buy things on. I blame Rock Band DLC.

Ignore everyone who hasn't listed Braid at the top of their list. A prime single-player game that will have you cursing and praying before you thank the gods. it doesn't offer much replayability, but it is seriously one of the defining games of this generation.

Castle Cashers is a game of utter charm, and when played with one or two fellow mates (or three, if you're rich enough to afford them all) it really develops another layer of co-operation that cannot be missed.

I would seriously not listen to letty about Rez HD and ikaruga; in some ways both are massively short games, but also games that defined the previous generation (that, admittedly, should be experienced by everyone). You should state what your main aim with your xbox is -- co-op funsies, massive gamerscore or just general exerpience-a-game-that-i'ce-not-experienced-before. There are, indeed, severe differences.

Complete the Ikaruga trail before you even think about getting the full game.

Ikaruga

Rez HD

REZ.. god yes!!

Ikaruga.. urgh.. reminds me how crap I am.. for people with endless patience.. I have none

Ikaruga is a fantastic game.... if you have the patience and the skills because it will kick your arse very hard the further you get into it. Personally, even though I haven't downloaded it as I have the Dreamcast original, I love it and it's great. Think it has online co-op which would be cool.

As for Rez HD, that game is great. Very relaxed, very psychedelic, and some funky tunes. Although, I don't think it's got much replay value seeing as I've had it since it came out and I've only played through the levels once each.

Mass Effect GET. :grin:

Finally it's taken ages!

It's such an awesome game and I've barely scratched the surface. I fell in love with it when it was first announced. Just trying to get back to the place I got to when I borrowed the 360 and that game from my friend. So so far I have not played anything I haven't yet but I'm still loving the whole universe and exploring it at a much slower pace. :D

To whoever was asking about XBLA titles:

Braid

Braid

Braid

Braid

Braid

Braid

Braid

Braid

Braid

I'm going to have to download Braid myself to see what all of the fuss is about. Downloaded the trial for The Maw but my mind was elsewhere so didn't really play it properly. Will do later on. Also downloaded Soul Calibur! Such an awesome game. Weird that they've given you all of the characters from the start though. That was kind of a bad move really. Would have preferred to unlock them myself. But it'll be a good time waster for me as I was itching for something to play while I wait for Halo Wars.

cant into "the darkness" at all..think it...well....sucks so far will give another chance later but can see myself sending it back to lovefilm tomorrow cant get into it.