NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

I got the gold plated lancer and the WaW Day 1 bonus for free even though I don't have them. Maybe one day I will :p

I got the gold plated lancer and the WaW Day 1 bonus for free even though I don't have them. Maybe one day I will :p

lol, congratulations....

Well, there goes my 360. Red ring of death.

Oh no! R.I.P

finally get my 360 back tomorrow...finally carry on fallout 3 and start playing LR yey :)

and finally see the new dashboard

finally get my 360 back tomorrow...finally carry on fallout 3 and start playing LR yey :)

and finally see the new dashboard

Congrats!

It feels good getting your 360 back from UPS, its like release day all over again :)

Just picked up a 360 yesterday after much umming and aarring over which package to get.

I ended up with the 60GB model, GoW, GoW 2, Forza 2, Halo 3, PDZ, Lego Indiana Jones, Kung Fu Panda and an extra controller. Played GoW 2 online last night..... I <3 it :P

Woop! My 360 seems to work very well with it's new setup (connecting to the internet through my PC). I didn't have any problems with Banjo-Kazooie Nuts & Bolts at all (apart from long matchmaking due to a lack of players) and it's one of those games that's usually very fussy with NATs (like Halo 3). I didn't have to fiddle with any settings at all, which is great (I just think I had problems becasue Virgin Media is wank).

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH hurry up ups!!!

anyone know a good cheap place to get a 120gb hardrive? (has to have cd/cable memory thing with it to convert my saves to the new hardrive)

Woop! My 360 seems to work very well with it's new setup (connecting to the internet through my PC). I didn't have any problems with Banjo-Kazooie Nuts & Bolts at all (apart from long matchmaking due to a lack of players) and it's one of those games that's usually very fussy with NATs (like Halo 3). I didn't have to fiddle with any settings at all, which is great (I just think I had problems becasue Virgin Media is wank).

Dude, just buy a cheap switch then plug both the 360 and the PC into it via ethernet. Then theres no firewall issues.

Great my elite has just died for the THIRD time!!! My manager at GAME said he'll try and swap it for me so its ok I suppose. I really can't be bothered to phone microsoft up and then wait a week for them to get my console back to me...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH hurry up ups!!!

anyone know a good cheap place to get a 120gb hardrive? (has to have cd/cable memory thing with it to convert my saves to the new hardrive)

My 120GB HDD was £69.99 brand new at Blockbusters, try there?

Just picked up a 360 yesterday after much umming and aarring over which package to get.

I ended up with the 60GB model, GoW, GoW 2, Forza 2, Halo 3, PDZ, Lego Indiana Jones, Kung Fu Panda and an extra controller. Played GoW 2 online last night..... I <3 it :P

Good package! :D

Add my gamertag :D: Dysonism

Very late to the party but I've been playing Bioshock this weekend :D

Such a brilliant game so far. :) I'm not very far yet as I haven't had a chance to play that much. I'm in Neptune's Bounty with the camera which I need to return to Peach Wilkins in the fisheries.

It is very atmospheric. I have played some of it before but for some reason now when I hear a splicer I get pretty tense and my heart races a bit. Probably because I'm such a bad shot with the Tommy Gun... :p

I'm really enjoying the Electric Buck Bullets in my Shotgun as well. Very satisfying.

I love the little touch of the Audio Diaries explaining the back story. They are very interesting!!! and great to listen to when you are just walking along.

At the moment I'm rescuing the Little Sisters, Some how I just couldn't bring myself to harvest them for Adam. :heh:

Has anyone heard anything about the "exclusive DLC" for GTA that Microsoft were raving about when it came out, or have i missed it completely and its been out for months?

Has anyone heard anything about the "exclusive DLC" for GTA that Microsoft were raving about when it came out, or have i missed it completely and its been out for months?

Its due out in Feb.

The GTA IV DLC has been AWOL for sometime now and the confusion between Rockstar and Microsoft employees doesn't really make you feel that confident about it. Nevertheless, details emerged today detailing the episodic content, from USA Today of all places.

They report that the DLC will be released on February 17th and will carry the title "Lost and Damned". The story is said to revolve around Johnny Klebitz, a member of the Liberty City bike gang, The Lost. Whilst we don't know much regarding the story, Dan Houser, VP of Creative Development promises us "that the story will show you a different side of Liberty City".

Good package!

Add my gamertag : Dysonism

Cheers will add you later :P

Decided to try and play GoW through in solo to pick up the story. Im not really a shoot em up fan, the only 2 iv ever completed were CoD4 and Uncharted: Drakes Fortune. I think il play this through to the end though, im only at the part where some nutty giant beserker chases you through the tomb >.>

Wow playing Fable on the HDD it doesn't sound like a jet! \o\ I need a bigger disk.

Cheers will add you later :P

Decided to try and play GoW through in solo to pick up the story. Im not really a shoot em up fan, the only 2 iv ever completed were CoD4 and Uncharted: Drakes Fortune. I think il play this through to the end though, im only at the part where some nutty giant beserker chases you through the tomb >.>

Feel free to add me as well if u want. My gamertag is on the left.

I am yet to finish one game with 1000 gamerscore. Think the closest I got was on Halo 3 with 730 G. Most of the achievements I just can't be bothered with. If I get them without knowing about them then I enjoy it better. That being said, I have wasted many an hour on getting some achievements, such as the 5 rolls one on GTA 4. That took ages to get. Would always get 4 flips or perhaps 4 and a half and that was it. No matter where I jumped from. Eventually got it after I did a 4 roll over and then was just driving about found a jump, missed it and did a single roll, getting the achievement.

Microsoft Cheats Gamer Out Of 121,250 Gamerpoints

So imagine this: You're a huge gamer who bought the Xbox 360 on day one. You stood in line for over 20 hours in the pouring rain, just for Microsoft's newest console. Pretty hardcore, right? It gets better. Imagine now, with me, that over the course of the past several years, you've played games on your 360 nearly every chance you got. You've racked up a huge gamerscore, only to have it all taken away one day without ANY warning.

This is story of SlapStic reader "JackTheWhack." Jack, whose real name is Jack Barbosa, not only had a huge gamerscore; he had more than any other person in the entire state of New Jersey: 121,250, in fact. He achieved this impressive score through renting via Gamefly for games that he was only mildly interested in, while he purchased many games that he thought could give him more lasting enjoyment. Obviously, with a score that high, he WAS a MASSIVE 360 fan.

So last night, while playing Mirror's Edge, Jack received an achievement that he had already gotten earlier in the day. Confused, Jack went and checked out his Gamercard, where he discovered with considerable horror that he now had a Gamerscore of 25, and that his Gamer Zone had been changed to "Cheater." He was also unable to change his Gamer Zone to anything else. This all went down with no warning from Microsoft, and not so much as a letter explaining things once they had done it. JackTheWhack had just gotten over three years of his gaming record wiped clean. There was no trial, and there was no jury. Microsoft simply assumed that he was a cheater, and took all of his Gamerpoints away from him.

This all seems very strange, especially given the fact that Jack was interviewed last Thursday to be featured as a "Spotlight Gamer." He was told that his interview would be up on the 360 dashboard in around two weeks. So at what point did Microsoft decide that instead of being worthy of attention, Jack was a dirty cheater that deserved punishment?

Jack Barbosa is no cheater, and he called Microsoft themselves to see if he could get things straightened out. They essentially informed Jack that he was just out of luck, saying that it was "abnormal for a person to achieve an undisclosed amount of achievements in such a short period of time." Jack even tried to find out what games or achievements on his gamercard were in question, but they refused to comment.

There are things working for Jack to make it seem obvious that he did not cheat. For one, he didn't get the full 1,000 points on many of his games. Like many gamers, he simply gets as many achievements as he can before moving on to the next game if things start taking too long. So with a lot of games he DOES have the full 1,000 points, but more often he has closer to 500, or even as low as 5 for games that he really didn't take a liking to.

I find the entire thing utterly infuriating.

Meh, everyone'll be on his side. I say he probably cheated.

I am yet to finish one game with 1000 gamerscore. Think the closest I got was on Halo 3 with 730 G. Most of the achievements I just can't be bothered with. If I get them without knowing about them then I enjoy it better. That being said, I have wasted many an hour on getting some achievements, such as the 5 rolls one on GTA 4. That took ages to get. Would always get 4 flips or perhaps 4 and a half and that was it. No matter where I jumped from. Eventually got it after I did a 4 roll over and then was just driving about found a jump, missed it and did a single roll, getting the achievement.
I did it for Mass Effect :D was really fun all the way. It's great having the option to get 1000 points without needing to rely on anyone else or play online. Pretty close with Mirror's Edge and Fable 2 now too...