NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Hell yeah! Ikaruga = guarenteed download for me ^^ online co-op will indeed be epic.

it seems i have been waiting for the xbox 360 price drop for so long... now its come i dont want it as i have my final for my degree in may! def gonna buy one after that though, cant wait!

EDIT: what are the best 360 deals around. i sae one for a premium with viva pinata, forza + extra controller and halo 3 for abou 240 or something and thought that was ok, anyone know any better, i def want a premium as i want to get on live at some point.

The prick emailed back asking me to call the customer service line.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*rage*!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hahaha quite. Will you?

ha ha I had that one too.. i called them because i wanted my old gamertag back but couldnt activate it even though i had all the information right.. the dude on the phone didnt know how to do it and he obviously lied to me when he said that it was impossible even though the tag still was in my name.. I then wrote a letter explaining in detail that I wanted my old gamertag back and they wrote me back.. "please phone our hotline"... ha ha ha ha

Now to get me some points.

It's actually the 9th, not the 8th.

it seems i have been waiting for the xbox 360 price drop for so long... now its come i dont want it as i have my final for my degree in may! def gonna buy one after that though, cant wait!

EDIT: what are the best 360 deals around. i sae one for a premium with viva pinata, forza + extra controller and halo 3 for abou 240 or something and thought that was ok, anyone know any better, i def want a premium as i want to get on live at some point.

mate I was waiting for the price drop too....got my 360 2 weeks ago but I do have my A levels coming up as well......can't be all work and no play though if you know what I mean.

Everything in moderation as they say. :smile:

ha ha I had that one too.. i called them because i wanted my old gamertag back but couldnt activate it even though i had all the information right.. the dude on the phone didnt know how to do it and he obviously lied to me when he said that it was impossible even though the tag still was in my name.. I then wrote a letter explaining in detail that I wanted my old gamertag back and they wrote me back.. "please phone our hotline"... ha ha ha ha

I'm glad you can laugh about it, I'm thinking of getting a PS3!

It's actually the 9th, not the 8th.

Whats an extra day when you've been waiting months already.

Seems although the console prices have dropped, the bundles prices are not that different than pre price drop. Mind you i saw some decent bundles in HMV yesterday (in store, not on line) Game & gamestation bundles were poor, as i said earlier, similar to pre price drop prices.

Anyone got a 48 hour code they could send me please? Just went to play COD4 with my mate and his brother wont let him use his Xbox Live. The tosser.

Some Americans are the mose big headed people I have ever had the misfortune of listening to.

This guy was harking on about being so good about R6V and Gears is was painful.

In the end I had to buy 3 48 hour codes for £2. Xbox Live is so much better with friends. I still don't like Gears on Live. Spend soooo much time watching other people kill people...

Famitsu Xbox magazine was an interview with Masaki Sakari of 5pb - who are currently porting over two very popular Cave top down shooters Dodonpachi Daioujou Black Label X and Ketsui X to the Xbox 360 as a retail product. In the interview Sakari has a short vent about why they went for a retail product:

"Out initial plan was to port lots of good arcade titles to XBLA. We talked to IP holders of these titles, and persuaded them. We secured these licenses, and finally talked with Microsoft. There they rejected all of our proposals saying, 'We are going to cut down faithful arcade ports.' We felt so frustrated. We wanted to show them that their decision was wrong. So we switched our two most promising projects into retail."

www.xblah.net

dunno if I'll get Ikaruga, online co op does sound awesome, but I played the GC version to death

i have ikaruga for the gc and wont bother with this.. anyway it sucks.. or is it me? i remember a lot of moving objects and a lot of dying

Imo Ikaruga only sucks IF you suck at it, otherwise it's easily one of the best vertical shooters you can get, you just have to give it a proper chance thats all. :heh:

Imo Ikaruga only sucks IF you suck at it, otherwise it's easily one of the best vertical shooters you can get, you just have to give it a proper chance thats all. :heh:

yes that was the gist of what i was trying to say.. in a round about way

I'm tempted to get Ikaruga. I usually suck at space scrolling shooting games. Then again, I've never played one enough to get good at it.

Has none seen anything on Alien: Colonial Marines?

I loved Alien Trilogy back on the PS1 1997-1999 when I lived in Kuwait. My Dads m8 also had a PS1 and I remember him enticing me to complete sections of the game and he would reward me with cheats. As you can imagine, I musnt have been very good at 8 years old. Especially at this type of game.

Aliens_-_Colonial_Marines.JPG

Aliens: Colonial Marines is an upcoming first-person shooter video game set in the Aliens universe, developed by Gearbox Software and published by SEGA. The game is in development for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC. Publishers Sega initially set a 2009 release date, but was revised to the holiday season of 2008.

Overview

The game takes place just after the events of Aliens, involving a search and rescue team investigating the U.S.S. Sulaco (which has been abandoned and left floating in space), searching for Ellen Ripley, Corporal Dwayne Hicks, Private William Hudson, Private Jenette Vasquez, and the rest of the missing United States Colonial Marines. Other key areas include LV-426 and the Derelict alien shipwreck from the first Alien movie. The game's plot is being penned by Battlestar Galactica writers Bradley Thompson and David Weddle.

Gameplay

The player issues squad commands to his team. Note the motion tracker indicating an imminent Xenomorph attack and the complete absence of a HUD.

The player issues squad commands to his team. Note the motion tracker indicating an imminent Xenomorph attack and the complete absence of a HUD.

The player controls four colonial marines, each with their own unique personality. Each marine is represented by a different class; one marine, for instance, mans the M56 Smart Gun as Pvt. Vasquez did in Aliens; the other primary weapons include the M240 flamethrower and the M41A pulse rifle. Each marine carries four weapons: their primary weapon, which they are defined by, their secondary weapon, grenades, and a sidearm. The player may brandish the sidearm while using the motion tracker. The player controls one marine at a time, and issues orders to the others using context-sensitive commands; the player may control any marine at any given time. The game will feature no HUD whatsoever.

Xenomorphs will seldom perform a frontal attack, choosing to use the ducts and flanking maneuvers, forcing the player to use tactical combat as opposed to typical first-person shooter "run and gun" tactics. At certain points during the game, the player will be required to bunker in a location and prepare for a xenomorph onslaught, using tactical positioning and turrets to ward off an attack.

The game will use quicktime events during cutscenes to dramatically illustrate the power and intensity of one-on-one xenomorph encounters. However, the conclusion of a given event is not scripted; a xenomorph may choose to attack or flee when confronted by more than one marine. Quicktime gameplay is also used when a facehugger latches onto a player, who must kill the creature before they are effectively incapacitated and "killed" by it.

Xenomorphs themselves will have subtle classes. The following classes are confirmed:

Facehugger: the eight legged parasite that attaches itself to the victims face and lays an embryo within the living host, and dying shortly afterwards

Warrior: typical of the attacking xenomorphs in Aliens

Scout: a faster, more stealthy xenomorph who spies on Marine activity

Drone: a new servant xenomorph who carries and positions eggs

Queen: a game boss

Multiplayer

The game will allow "jump in, jump out" co-op multiplayer on same machine and online play. No other multiplayer modes have been announced yet, but Game Informer noted that development team members discussed Quake II's "Gloom" mod as possible inspiration for competitive online play

Alienscolonialmarines1.jpg

EDIT Ive only just realised what N+ is. Ive seen people play it at College.

EDIT Ive only just realised what N+ is. Ive seen people play it at College.

That's N, N+ has achievements and LIVE :D

Has none seen anything on Alien: Colonial Marines?

I loved Alien Trilogy back on the PS1 1997-1999 when I lived in Kuwait. My Dads m8 also had a PS1 and I remember him enticing me to complete sections of the game and he would reward me with cheats. As you can imagine, I musnt have been very good at 8 years old. Especially at this type of game.

Aliens_-_Colonial_Marines.JPG

Alienscolonialmarines1.jpg

I cant wait for the Aliens game! When we play some co-op expect many lines from the film such as....

GAME OVER MAN, ITS GAME OVER!

I like to keep this handy for close encounters. ( holds up shotgun )

Stop your grinnin' and drop your linen!

We're all gonna die man.

Man, Hudson is a legendary character!

Also greatly anticipating this particular title. Co-op is surely where it will be up. Looks set to totally nail the atmosphere, but I'm already lining the corridors with auto guns against the idiots who will inevitably complain that the main assualt rifle's fire rate is slightly inaccurate to the film, or something.

I loved s, Cubed and Resurrection. That game looks good, too.

Speaking of promising-looking film games - the Bourne game looks good, too.

After feeling bad for playing Hitman only once in the 18 months I've had it when it was a present I decided to give it a go.

I had to change the switch on my AV cable to composite and change the display setting to PAL 60 then switch it back to component before it would play...

Playing it has put me in a bad mood for the whole day. The controls in that game are so annoying. I was pressing the button for strangle and it just wasn't doing it. I have no clue what I was doing wrong. I then got killed because it wasn't doing what I wanted, and it sent me back to the start of the mission.

WTF :blank:

Playing it has put me in a bad mood for the whole day. The controls in that game are so annoying. I was pressing the button for strangle and it just wasn't doing it. I have no clue what I was doing wrong. I then got killed because it wasn't doing what I wanted, and it sent me back to the start of the mission.

WTF :blank:

The controls are designed for the PC. And even on the PC they're fairly clunky. The games are still awesome.