NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Got to watch a demo playthrough of Far Cry 2 today - narrated by the narrative director and played by the producer. It was a really early code - 4 months old - but even then the game looked gorgeous and all the dynamic wind/vegetation/weather added great variety to the gameplay and interesting new mechanics. Like when he used the flamethrower in tandem with the wind to set fire to a thatched roof that an enemy perched on.

Hangliding to safety also seems cool; and the dynamic between the two factions in key locations seems interesting - should be fun starting of unwarranted scuffles.

It definitely shouldn't be £60. I would say no more than £25 if they are going to sell it as a seperate thing. Then again the hard drive shouldn't be the ridiculous price it is.

Right I sent my xbox off a week or so ago and today I checked its status and it says they have shipped it. Does anybody know how long it will take? I checked UPS's website but the tracking number isn't in their database yet. So does anybody know how long it will take?

I really need a wireless adapter but I simply refuse to ?55 / ?60 for something which costs MS next to nothing to make. Like That Guy said ?25 would be much sweeter and I'd grab my self one if they were at that price. eBay isn't a help on the wireless front.

I suppose Microsoft need accessories to help pull back some of the money they lose producing the actual 360's but still.... ?60 ARGH!

________

Arizona Marijuana Dispensaries

Edited by fex

I don't think the Xbox is that loud unless you're actually playing a game. ]

Which is why I enjoy playing Arcade games more than disc games. Mine makes some funky noise, I think the fan is making it I'm not sure. Hella loud though. Stops after a while, it's louder than when a disc is spinning.

It's loudness does deter me from using it as a dvd player. I watched Firefly on my PS3 because of the noise difference.

I really need a wireless adapter but I simply refuse to £55 / £60 for something which costs MS next to nothing to make. Like That Guy said £25 would be much sweeter and I'd grab my self one if they were at that price. eBay isn't a help on the wireless front.

I suppose Microsoft need accessories to help pull back some of the money they lose producing the actual 360's but still.... £60 ARGH!

Might be worth having a look on ebay? I dont think you can get one much cheaper but maybe in the £30 -£40 region?

ahh the fan in the 360.. I sometimes get the "disc dirty or damaged" on certain games.. (even though they are as clean as can be).. but just before I get it the fan always shuts off so i get a 10 sec window where i can save my game.. (if it's not games from capcom that is)..

In the last 3 months my friend has had his 360 sent off and fixed three times and today he has told me he got the 3 red lights again on the weekend. Now if MS had any class they would send him a brand new Elite.

Its pretty obvious the 360 machine he has needs to be put in the trash can.

Did you cool cats know that Rock Band EU is coming out 9th May, 6 months after the US release?

Que?

The release date that you just stated was in OXM, but there was no release date?

Makes perfect sense.

Que?

The release date that you just stated was in OXM, but there was no release date?

Makes perfect sense.

Thats Rob for ya

Hmm well my 360 has made it to its first birthday without REDNESS .. heres to another year! i hope!

Rockband has not been given a date by EA yet so any date you do see is guess work at best wild speculation at worst.

Ok I read the preview of this months issue in last months oxm. It said there was a release date for rock band so i looked it up on wikipedia. happy?

IGN says Q3 2008.

GameSpot says Q3 2008.

GameFaqs say Q3 2008.

What is wrong getting Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock than Rock Band?

Because Rock Band is a million times better then GH3 and has been out in America since Christmas.

And Rock Band's contents don't contradict the game's name.

Legends of Rock: Kaiser Chiefs?

Um. Ok.

And Rock Band's contents don't contradict the game's name.

Legends of Rock: Kaiser Chiefs?

Um. Ok.

Yeah the creators got something mixed up in the track selection.

Still rather fun game to play.

Yeah, I doubt anyone that forked out the £70 for it would say it was a horrible game to play. The track selection was pretty abysmal though.

I enjoyed it, right before the buttons stopped responding and realising that I am actually crap at the game.

Because Rock Band is a million times better then GH3 and has been out in America since Christmas.

qft.

Having played both Rock Band and Guitar Hero III, the ONLY thing that I like about Guitar Hero III compared to Rock Band is that it shows your streak of notes, while Rock Band does not.

And the GH guitar strummer is a tad better, but its all in opinion (feels more solid) and it can be used on RB anyway, while the RB guitar can't be used on GH...

Okay, I got the wireless thingie today, but I need some help. The manual said something about my settings, but that's where you always will lose me. Can anyone explain to me very simple what to do where?

Manual? Fuck that shit. Plug it in and see if it works. I think its fairly straight forward...especially if your interweb has no security.