NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

anyone having problems with live? i can't connect to a game on FIFA. it just says that i need to be signed into the EA servers to do so but there is no option in the menu to do it. are there any websites that show any reported problems?

The only time 4 mbps 720p will look better than 8 mbps 480i is when the video on the screen is almost entirely stationary or it’s a low-complexity video such as animation movies. Under most normal circumstances, the low bit-rate 720p so-called “HD” video will be inferior though many companies are betting that consumers won’t know any better.

Bullshit. Proof coming soon.

Kingdom Under Fire is fantastic. I was up till like 3am playing co-op with Dom last night.

Its such a generic hack and slash and really boring in single player.

But in multi? It is DAMN fun :)

Im looking to finally get an Xbox in the next couple of weeks so was wondering if anyone could answer these questions for me:

The cheapest I've found an xbox premium for is £215 at shopto.net, does anyone know if anywhere else does cheaper? (Its pretty cheap anyway but gotta pay for driving lessons also so im a bit tight at the moment :smile:)

And would anyone recommend getting the elite over the premium? Some of my mates have been saying ill need the extra space but some are saying I wont so am unsure on what one to get.

EDIT: Sorry third question also: Can anyone recommend some games? Im getting Call Of Duty 4 and Halo 3 at some point but im quite into RPGs and platform and adventure games too.

Im looking to finally get an Xbox in the next couple of weeks so was wondering if anyone could answer these questions for me:

The cheapest I've found an xbox premium for is £215 at shopto.net, does anyone know if anywhere else does cheaper? (Its pretty cheap anyway but gotta pay for driving lessons also so im a bit tight at the moment :smile:)

And would anyone recommend getting the elite over the premium? Some of my mates have been saying ill need the extra space but some are saying I wont so am unsure on what one to get.

EDIT: Sorry third question also: Can anyone recommend some games? Im getting Call Of Duty 4 and Halo 3 at some point but im quite into RPGs and platform and adventure games too.

Mass Effect. Seriously. Just such a fantastic game, the story is great with top-notch presentation. Takes awhile to get into it, but really is the best RPG of this console generation so far : peace:

P.S:The Mako sucks balls

I started a new campaign on Mass Effect on Friday to play over the half term. It's so much better on the second play through, when I first played it I only started enjoying it later on when I actually had worked out all the menu's and stuff. Knowing all that from the beginning, it really is just awesome from start to finish (if you ignore the awful side quests, that is).

I'm waiting for Conker's Bad Fur Day on Originals... they'll have to do it. Get some more money out of Rare.

Please do it!

I just got Ninja Gaiden on xbox originals.

Have Black for the old xbox anyways

fucking awesome game.

Mass Effect is coming out on PC in May.

...Unsupprisingly.

OK, that confirms I won't buy the most probably inferior 360 version ^^

That was the case with KOTOR, so I'll wait until the game's released on PC to pass judgement and decide

Mass Effect's gonna be that thing I bought on the 360, loved, and then eight years later when I've just spent £450 on a PC that can run the absolute shit out of Alan Wake 2, I see the entire "Mass Effect Anthology" in Game's "2 for £25" range.

anybody got Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation. Just ordered from play-asia for £13. whats your impressions??

Just tried 360's divx support, it's better than nothing, but very disapointing for a "media machine". It crops the videos unless you run them in native, it doesn't support a lot of formats, only supports embbeded subtitles and long file names can't be completely read, so for a lot of anime I dont know which episode is which. They need to fix the "menu" too, XBOX homebrew dashboard is much better, I'm sure they can do better.

The dash is pretty perfect if you ask me.

Sure it looks... kinda dodgy but its very organised and easy to find stuff.

Just tried 360's divx support, it's better than nothing, but very disapointing for a "media machine". It crops the videos unless you run them in native, it doesn't support a lot of formats, only supports embbeded subtitles and long file names can't be completely read, so for a lot of anime I dont know which episode is which. They need to fix the "menu" too, XBOX homebrew dashboard is much better, I'm sure they can do better.

For some reason I don't think they designed it especially for someone with tonnes of illegal copies of Anime.

Xbox website is down for maintenance. I guess Live is aswell then.

For some reason I don't think they designed it especially for someone with tonnes of illegal copies of Anime.

What did they do it for?

I am 100% sure its for pirates, as it benifits no one else.

I'm waiting for Conker's Bad Fur Day on Originals... they'll have to do it. Get some more money out of Rare.

Please do it!

Conker's Bad Fur Day was an N64 game... Conker: Live and Reloaded was an XBOX original... wasn't it?

Yeah, it was Live and Reloaded on the XBOX.

Weren't some great moments (like Poo's song) censored in the Xbox version?