NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

its christmas!!! to bad i do not celebrate it, but i do enjoy the ambeince of it, oh and telly at this time of yr is great, which is a plus

At the moment I got a 360 Core system, gonna get a Hard Drive + a game next Tuesday and I'm getting 1 or 2 games in the first week of the new year. :)

I'll buy Perfect Dark Zero if I can find the Tin Box Edition somewhere, otherwise I'm going for Project Gotham 3 and buy PDZ when it's cheaper. I'll also get Fable: The Lost Chapters this holiday and Jade Empire sometimes next year.

Some other older games you'd recommend?

The place to be on Xbox Live was, is and always will be Halo 2. I've had my Xbox 360 a few weeks now, and I've still played Halo 2 more than anything else, except Guess Who.

Guess Who is clearly the best game ever made, they need to make it a marketplace download.

I'm really struggling to get into PD deathmatch i fine firstly it takes forever to kill someone compared to halo and i always seem to end up playing with really good people.I love gotham though

Ok so I got 360 for christmas..... I just discovered my mum imported it from elsewhere in europe..... What do I need to be able to plug it in? >.<

Make sure you ALL pick up the official xbox magazine in the coming weeks. Final Fantasy 11 depends on it.

and where you all at 2pm eh?!!! EH?!!!

Well I got my premium pack today for christmas, and I'm loving it. I bought Kameo and PD0 myself. Haven't played much of either of them but they're both really enjoyable so far.

The controller is PERFECT. Looks like sex and feels like heaven in your hands. Got a limited edition remote with my premium too! Its so cute!

Dashboard is brilliant too, so simple yet so complex :heh:

Only problem is I want LIVE, yet my TV is AGES away from up here. So I have to get a wireless adaptor (£60:() but I dunno if it will reach or not. Anyone know how far they go?

Make sure you ALL pick up the official xbox magazine in the coming weeks. Final Fantasy 11 depends on it.

and where you all at 2pm eh?!!! EH?!!!

aye am defo getting it

am sure its the 19th ov Jan

Make that the 5th of Jan. =P

Oh and ermm yeah I'll pick it up...

Ok I have a new problem..... Well, I got a premium pack and therefore it came with a wireless controller... Only problem being it doesn't auto detect it.... I dunno what to do... The XBOX instructions said refere to wireless controller instructions and ermmm there are none. o.o

So yah help....

Most painful console setup ever. ;_;

You need to push and hold the Xbox guide button on the controller. (The big X in the middle). It will then search for the nearest console and assign itself the necessary player position.

This also turns on the console itself for the more lazy amongst us.

and if u hold the xbox guide button down foir about 5 seconds wen the 360 is on, it will come up with an option to turn the console off, meaning you dont have to get off your ass from bed

So to get on LIVE its gonna cost me £100 :cry:

( £60 - wireless adaptor + £40 - 12 month subscription)

Bah i'll find the money somehow, it definately seems worth it, I'm worried if the wireless adaptor will reach my router though, my router is very far away in my house from my gaming TV.

Thanks for the help people... I was just playing some PD0 on and offline.. Not really sure what I think yet. lol

Oh and the first month of xboxlive is free if that helps. lol

So to get on LIVE its gonna cost me £100 :cry:

( £60 - wireless adaptor + £40 - 12 month subscription)

Bah i'll find the money somehow, it definately seems worth it, I'm worried if the wireless adaptor will reach my router though, my router is very far away in my house from my gaming TV.

Just buy a long crossover cable, costing you about £7.

P.S Dont buy one from PC World/Comet etc, they will try sell you one at about 3 times the cost. By a standard unbranded cable from an independant retailer or ebay.

Just buy a long crossover cable, costing you about £7.

P.S Dont buy one from PC World/Comet etc, they will try sell you one at about 3 times the cost. By a standard unbranded cable from an independant retailer or ebay.

Trust me, my 360 is FAR too far away from my Router to connect with a cable. Its like the 360 is at the far right of my house downstairs and my Router far left of my house upstairs. My house is VERY big too :hmm:

Also my mum wouldn't let me have cables running through the house everywhere.

PC World have a sale on networking stuff at the mo you may be able to get a wireless ethernet bridge on the cheap which does the same thing as the xbox network adapter

At the moment I got a 360 Core system, gonna get a Hard Drive + a game next Tuesday and I'm getting 1 or 2 games in the first week of the new year. :)

Good luck getting a hard drive, they all seem to be sold out. I cant find any anywhere, i think they're as hard to get as the console itself. :cry:

Trust me, my 360 is FAR too far away from my Router to connect with a cable. Its like the 360 is at the far right of my house downstairs and my Router far left of my house upstairs. My house is VERY big too :hmm:

Also my mum wouldn't let me have cables running through the house everywhere.

I thought that when I sorted my xbox Live out last year but I got a MASSIVE cable and it worked with still cable to spare. Just goto a pc shop and tell them you want the biggest cable they have.

I thought that when I sorted my xbox Live out last year but I got a MASSIVE cable and it worked with still cable to spare. Just goto a pc shop and tell them you want the biggest cable they have.

Problem is my mum wouldn't let me have a cable running all the way through the house. She's awkward like that.