NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Hooray for dodgy Tesco friends! I managed to exchange my 19/10/05 360 that died yesterday for a brand new, shiny, happy, slightly quieter, HDMI capable 360 (15/07/07) even though I got mine from Gameplay! :heh: And I kept my hard drive too!

slightly quieter, HDMI capable 360

They still sound like a jet is about to take off. And what the hell did you say to get Tesco of all places to swap your 360 when you didn't even buy it from there?

"My 360 broke." "No i don't have a reciept."

That usually works, people on they're customer service desks are trained to bend over backwards to help people. They won't give you a refund, but they'll have no problems with an exchange.

Finished Portal earlier. Really enjoyed that game, and the end of it was really good. Excellent writing throughout. Not sure if I'll end up playing through it anymore times, probably got too many games to play to go through finished ones.

They still sound like a jet is about to take off. And what the hell did you say to get Tesco of all places to swap your 360 when you didn't even buy it from there?

My mate works there (well, so do I) and we did a bit of 'dodgy dealing' I guess. But I'd rather have a brand new 360 than a refurbished one that'll probably die on me again in a couple of months! I'm surprised my last 360 lasted so long though, I got it at launch and I was just beginning to think it was invincible!

And yes, I still think it's going to rip my face off when I start it up, but it is noticeably quieter than the old 360. I wish it could be whisper quiet like my PS3 though!

If you just keep creating a new account on your XBox you don't keep getting a free month Live subscription do you?

At work in the past week, we have had an email sent around saying we have to check certain things with consoles to make sure we can accept them back, some of the points are common sense.

And I quote.

"Ensure that the console has not been jumped on"

Thanks for suggesting I may be retarded.

________

BLOWJOB BABE

Edited by fex

My mate works there (well, so do I) and we did a bit of 'dodgy dealing' I guess. But I'd rather have a brand new 360 than a refurbished one that'll probably die on me again in a couple of months! I'm surprised my last 360 lasted so long though, I got it at launch and I was just beginning to think it was invincible!

And yes, I still think it's going to rip my face off when I start it up, but it is noticeably quieter than the old 360. I wish it could be whisper quiet like my PS3 though!

Knew there had to be at least something that helped you along to get an exchange. :wink:

Although like McPhee said I suppose supermarkets are kind of easy to work around so that you leave with what you want. So true about getting a newer version console as well........I only picked mine up last week, as I'd just feel so much happier knowing that I've got a Falcon with one of the BenQ DVD drives as well. But still, definitely very loud still.......but a slight improvement also compared to the old ones.

Just got 200 points for free, as there was some promotional thing on Fox's website for Terminator. You could do it multiple times as well with the same Gamertag, but GAF cained it and it's now disappeared. Will put it towards the inevitable Ikaruga and Rez HD purchases.

Hooray for dodgy Tesco friends! I managed to exchange my 19/10/05 360 that died yesterday for a brand new, shiny, happy, slightly quieter, HDMI capable 360 (15/07/07) even though I got mine from Gameplay! :heh: And I kept my hard drive too!

Aw thats awesome. Well when I get my 360 back from Microsoft and it breaks again I'm definitly going to give this a try. Knowing my luck though, it won't work :(

If you just keep creating a new account on your XBox you don't keep getting a free month Live subscription do you?

Only for the first 3 accounts on your console.

im nearly at end of blue dragon :D (i think)

was on it till 4am last night couldnt stop playing

Haha, last night I managed to get 800 points out of that FOX promotion, Ive got 4 email accounts :D

Haha, last night I managed to get 800 points out of that FOX promotion, Ive got 4 email accounts :D

What?! Where?!!

What?! Where?!!

Its over.

NeoGAF (FAG) spammed it... badly.

I got 400 out of it :p

Is Live working properly yet?

Nope. It's working, but not working properly or something.

Major nelsons live updates are stopping aswell. ^ link.

Yeah, apparently he can't while there's a legal process ongoing due to those people suing Microsoft for the outages, probably the result of people having more free time then common sense.

For fucks SAKE.

Another week without FUCKING Rez HD. This week on XBLA "Boogie Bunnies" more like bull shit Bunnies. Fucking hell.

Last i heard Rez HD is out right at the end of the month! Like 29th Jan, i think.

Anyone know how much I'd get for trading in Assassins Creed at gamestation?

Anyone know how much I'd get for trading in Assassins Creed at gamestation?

Between £10 and £20 probably, unless there's an abundance of second hand copies in the store.