NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

I'm thinking of getting an Xbox 360 elite next year for myself, mainly for Resi 5 and xbox exclusives Halo, PGR etc. I'm in no rush to get one as at the moment there's lots of games on the wii to keep me busy such as mp3, galaxy, umbrella chronicles.

I would appreciate some advice as i'm thinking of getting an xbox arcade for xmas for the kids bedroom and i would like to know if the arcade games that come with it are either on the memory card, are downloaded to memory card as theres no hard drive or do you have to be online to play them as you only get 1 months free subscription to xbox live ? And has it got slower load times due to it not having a hard drive ?

Thanks in anticipation

Xbox Live Arcade's arcade games come on a CD and are non transferable.

The memory card is capable of storing quite a few games (its 256mb) as well as game saves etc. The HDD on the 360 is rarely ever used by games, so no it will not effect loading times.

Regarding XBOX Live:

You do get 1 month free Gold. Once this runs out you can either:

1, continue to pay for XBL Gold

2, Go on XBOX Live Silver. This gives you all the same features as gold, just no online play.

Was in GAME today and saw the GH3 controller lying atop the boxes for the game. It looks so nice.

Can't wait for it tommorow.

Was in GAME today and saw the GH3 controller lying atop the boxes for the game. It looks so nice.

Can't wait for it tommorow.

Gah! You wont like the news that its been put back

WTH!??

Gah! You wont like the news that its been put back

WTH!??

Hovering over that link reveals it to be a youtube link.

Fail:indeed:

Yeah, kinda obvious that it's not delayed seen as though it was in stores on shelves. Like with stickers saying out tommorow. So...

Yeah, kinda obvious that it's not delayed seen as though it was in stores on shelves. Like with stickers saying out tommorow. So...

Huh1.jpg

Played Halo 3 campaign and online today. It's quite good, but far from the best first person game this year.

Played Halo 3 campaign and online today. It's quite good, but far from the best first person game this year.

Played it last night, shooting aliens until they fall over has got tiresome for me..

You guys probably don't care, but I finally got to the end of the Wolfmother song on hard on GH2. So now I can finally get on with the Band Career :D

You guys probably don't care, but I finally got to the end of the Wolfmother song on hard on GH2. So now I can finally get on with the Band Career :D

Well done, that one took me ages on hard, guess where im stuck on expert :P

Hah, jsut got a big relief. I had to set my 360 to connect to live through the router i'm using (because the BT Modem from before isn't compat with Vista), so i'm worreied thinking "shit this is gonna take the piss". I plugged it in, set IP to automatic, and it worked straight away.

Better than using that ICS bollocks.

Hah, jsut got a big relief. I had to set my 360 to connect to live through the router i'm using (because the BT Modem from before isn't compat with Vista), so i'm worreied thinking "shit this is gonna take the piss". I plugged it in, set IP to automatic, and it worked straight away.

Better than using that ICS bollocks.

Do you mean the BT Homehub? Cos mine works fine with Vista

It's not the homehub no, old USB Modem.

EDIT: While i was at it, i set up file sharing to my 360, because it doesn't work through ICS, but works now i'm all wired up to a router.

Damn this router's been helpful.