NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Ok, can people recommend essentials for me to pick up when I finally get my 360, as well as cheap prices for them? I'm talking equipment here from the console onwards, don't worry about the games. Unless you know of a good 360/Halo 3 bundle deal.

Edit: I don't care about HD.

Brilliant. Cheers for the replies......gives me something to do now while watching boring Carling Cup matches.

colr100.png

Hmmm, sorted. Using GAF name though, as just makes more sense.

Ok, can people recommend essentials for me to pick up when I finally get my 360, as well as cheap prices for them? I'm talking equipment here from the console onwards, don't worry about the games. Unless you know of a good 360/Halo 3 bundle deal.

Edit: I don't care about HD.

My only tip is don't buy from Game or Gamestation right now: Their bundles suck arse. Virgin Mega Stores and HMV are offering a couple of decent in-store bundles however, so you might want to check round your local one and see what's on offer.

Actually I saw a semi decent one at Gamestation today (I assume it was good anyway?)

360 Premium + Any Game: £260 or something.

Nah, I' seen those. "Save £74!" Bollocks. HMV is offering a 360 premium and Halo 3 for the straight £250.

Nah, I' seen those. "Save £74!" Bollocks. HMV is offering a 360 premium and Halo 3 for the straight £250.

Really? Do you know if that's the Pro version of the Premium at all, as if so, then I'll pick one up early next week when my student loan should be through.

Do what I did and order it off HMVs website, put in your student number (if you have an NUS card or HMV student card) and get 10% off a console that you shouldn't. :)

Really? Do you know if that's the Pro version of the Premium at all, as if so, then I'll pick one up early next week when my student loan should be through.

Not sure what you mean by Pro version. Is that the Premium with HDMI?

At any rate, you should definitely shop around. I saw a fantastic 360+Forza+Choice of Game (selection inc. Halo & Bioshock) + Additonal controller bundle in Virgin, but I'm not sure if it varies from store to store or not. Take the afternoon off and have a good ol' snoop.

may get skate. on friday not sure yet.

the demo was alright just im not sure i may just wait until its cheaper same goes for sega rally and halo 3

Not sure what you mean by Pro version. Is that the Premium with HDMI?

At any rate, you should definitely shop around. I saw a fantastic 360+Forza+Choice of Game (selection inc. Halo & Bioshock) + Additonal controller bundle in Virgin, but I'm not sure if it varies from store to store or not. Take the afternoon off and have a good ol' snoop.

Yeh, Pro is Premium HDMi version. (from what I can tell anyway). Just really after one of the quieter DVD drives.

I've got Friday and the weekend off I think except for boozing, so I'll make some calls. If I really want to be a dodgy little *** I could just use my old staff discount card for Virgin, and see if I can get 10% on the hardware and 20% off a game...........although really, all I want is Halo 3, so that £260 deal sounds right on the money. :smile:

If you dont have a 360, I would SOOO get the Halo one. Its so fucking sexy its worth the additional monies.

Yeh, Pro is Premium HDMi version. (from what I can tell anyway). Just really after one of the quieter DVD drives.

Yah, those will apparently have a green "HDMI" sticker on the box, but I don't think the stores have much control over how and when they get those. Just as they come "on stream" or whatever.

does anyone know of anymore ways of keeping a 360 cool so it will not get 3 red lights of death

Should be getting Halo 3 and skate. tomorrow :D with a gamestation discount ofc., awesomez. Pokemon Pearl too ^^ not that that's relevant to this board, I just wanted to share that.

Mine turns on and just... does nothing. The fan goes, the controller can connect, but nothing happens. Right in the middle of an awesome CoD4 game... :(

What's up with yours?

Ah sucky. Mines just come back to life suddenly... wow, erm... I'll go see if I get can back into the swing of my CoD4 awesomeness.

just take it back the shop if its within the first year, much faster than sending it off to microsoft! make sure u gotta receipt though.

Does the 3 red lights always certainly mean doom? Cos the 360 site has a few things to check and try....

Hoping mine lasts a fair while :/ only had it a couple of weeks.