NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

So Sam the optical cable allows 5.1 playback? And also if I trade for a HDMI premium, I'll still be able to use the speakers?

That sounds like what I want.

K, So I just bought Crackdown for $20 (Gamefly=Win) And if I want to be able to get all 1250 achievements do I need to buy the thing on the marketplace for 800 points?

Hmm is live down atm? as I can't help but notice that everyones gamertags embedded in sigs are showing up as "?" in the gamepic and everything else is blank. Maybe the sudden influx caused by the release of Halo 3 crashed it? :hmm:

add me on msn again Rez

Debating whether to get HD-DVD drive for 300

Theres still some good films on the HD-DVD drive coming out. Although it depends on your taste. Transformers is the next big one, which may not be a good film to some, but will look quality.

Also 300 is very good on HD-DVD (so my mate says), i had a problem with the film looking as though it had snowy bits moving about the screen (on Blu-Ray, but my mate had it as well), but obviously then found out that was the effect of the film, so we have no complaints.

Blu-Ray is slightly better quality though, just slightly! Through HDMI and 1080P tv, but the HD-DVD drive is well worth getting.

Also, try to get Planet Earth or King Kong, there your best HD films.

K, So I just bought Crackdown for $20 (Gamefly=Win) And if I want to be able to get all 1250 achievements do I need to buy the thing on the marketplace for 800 points?

Ya. The extra 250 points are in the 800 point pack. The street races will take a while but it's achieveable.

What is everyone's controller-powering method of choice?

Doing some co-op Gears of War yesterday with James and both our controllers died within a few minutes of each other. Added an extra challenge though, "cover fire for your teammate while he steals batteries from the Wii remotes".

Can someone help me!? When I go into matchmaking in Halo 3 the is a message saying "Information could not be retrieved from the Halo 3 server"...its really annoying...

I have a plug and play kit. I think quite a few of us do.

Really useful imo.

Charged it last night while i wasn't at home. And charged while i went out for my itnerview, not died yet.

Lol, I have one tomorrow. And if I get the job, the first thing I'll be doing is saving up my cash for a 360 Premium, a Play and Charge Kit, and Halo 3.

I think I added you....Cloud 9 right?

Also Dyson and AshMatAz both has Tesco job inteh vus! Lozzles.

Whos up for Halo before Heroes?

Whats the different colours mean?

lol, gamertag reserved m8s.

Dysonism.png

Check out that Silver membership right there.

I ordered it from gameplay, probably come tommorow. Might play it for a bit, then do Halo 3 multiplayer later on.

lol, gamertag reserved m8s.

Dysonism.png

Check out that Silver membership right there.

Is it possible to set up a Live account before you have a 360 then, so you then have your profile ready?

I plan on picking a console up in the next few weeks, as waiting on monies and some decent deals.

Is it possible to set up a Live account before you have a 360 then, so you then have your profile ready?

I plan on picking a console up in the next few weeks, as waiting on monies and some decent deals.

Yep, do it on the Xbox Live website. I figured I'd reserve my name, not sure why, but since Dyson was already taken...