NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

So is Stranglehold good?

Midway is hyping the game pretty much but It doesn't look that good.

its fantastic, and the multiplayer looks like great fun.

Try the demo:)

Wierd, can't connect to Marketplace. Must be down for a bit.

Am I the only 1 having serious problems installing the new Xbox Live update? My console just freezes on the download status and then comes up with a message saying unable to download...

All my network settings work fine, dont get what is going on?

Just give it time, not important , just Sorting some sort of Ware out for Guitar hero 3 and Rock Bands Wireless Les Pauls and Stratocaster Guitars.

i'm having problems too, xbox won't let me set up a new us account.

Stranglehold is superb, judging by the demo! Very polished.

I was doing so well until my fecked-up 'second' 360's disc tray automatically wanted to open and stopped the demo (like it has been doing for the past month).

Damn thing is getting sent back!

So is Stranglehold good?

Midway is hyping the game pretty much but It doesn't look that good.

Well its supposed to be a non-linked sequel to the great movie Hard Boiled.

Same here :'(

"Stranglehold cost around USD 30 million, so it's possibly the most expensive next-generation game in development to date," said Spiess, in an interview to be published next week.

"The early indications from retail and the consumers are there, so it is going to pay off."

"In order to recoup development money you obviously have to sell a lot of units, but what we're seeing to date is that we will sell those units. Stranglehold will be the top selling title this Christmas," claimed Spiess.

---

So I hope it's good.

This is fucking shit, a silly update for a game that isnt out for yonks has fucked up the 360. Wont let me connect to xbox live and wont let me install the update. Loads of other people have the same problem on xbox.com :(

Yer i have been reading alot of people have had problems on xbox.com as well. Mine has been fine since the update though, must affect certain consoles for some reason.......

This is fucking shit, a silly update for a game that isnt out for yonks has fucked up the 360. Wont let me connect to xbox live and wont let me install the update. Loads of other people have the same problem on xbox.com :(

I managed to connect earlier but then it kept DCing me. Apparently its to do with the update aswell as the traffic for the Stranglehold demo.

No way. When I checked before this all started I thought the demo for Stranglehold was finished. It wasn't in the list of demos.

So then all this started.

Now restarting it I only had 3% left...can't believe that.

Stranglehold is pretty good. I love the precision aim, call me childish but groin shots never stop being funny.

For the record, Stranglehold is shit. Looks shit, plays shit, is shit

Lost Planet was 40 million + another 40 million in marketing so they can fuck right off with that claim.

Eternal sonata is brilliant, I got the demo from Japan when it was released. It's like a next gen ToS but more turn-based.

I downloaded it in an Hour but I was playing Fifa with the download going on and off

For the record, Stranglehold is shit. Looks shit, plays shit, is shit

you serious?

Stranglehold was pretty meh, had some nice ideas, but it felt too much like Max Payne and the controls were sucky, give it a rent if you can.

I enjoyed the demo, I'm really looking forward to the full game now. It just felt like a more exciting Max Payne, which is only a good thing for me. :D *slides on tables and the like* GO INFERAPE!

So, once these have fully filtered through its time for the 360 to mysteriously fall off the desk?

argh Hammer Throw in Track & Field is doing my head in!

Your not the only one mate. I can get to the event no problem but once there I either throw it into the cage or I dont have enough speed and only throw it like 50m

Just played Stranglehold and it was cool, but way too repetitive. I just got a bit bored with the level designs and lack of plot. It was cool with the trigger dodge idea, matrix time, slow bullets and all. But it just felt like an inferior version to a 6 year old game (Max Payne), with some shinier visuals.

It would be perfect for the Wii controller, wud make it less boring. Def wont be gettin, it was ok though

How could you possibly know that the game has no plot. It was a fucking demo! Also, I thought there would be a fairly heavy emphasis on plot, isn't it a semi-sequal to Hard Boiled.

I really enjoyed the demo, absurbly fun, despite its quirks. Could see it getting repetitive but I'm thinking buy now especially with multiplayer.

Watched Hard Boiled yesterday too. Awesome fun. You can see where the game gets it set pieces from.